Trump plans tanks and flyovers at Fourth of July celebration in Washington

webfact

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

@PhilipRucker: The National Park Service is diverting $2.5 million, which is collected by entrance fees to pay for improvements at parks nationwide, to fund Trump's July 4 spectacle -- to which his political donors get VIP tickets, via @eilperin @jdawsey1 & @DanLamothe https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-gives-tickets-to-trumps-july-fourth-extravaganza-to-gop-donors/2019/07/02/9109a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html?utm_term=.8de3bb197a8c

This man knows no shame, the unconscionable act of money being diverted from Parks Services which is already under financial strain and has had to close or restrict admission to some parks due to safety reasons, is the act of a fool not a leader.

He is so vain he fails to realise that many thinking people shake their heads in disbelief at his foolishness.

They say that we get the leaders we  deserve, but I believe that Americans deserve better than this.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 8:26 AM, SammyT said:

All that military might yet the yanks haven't won a war in how long? Cant even beat rice farmers and goat herders...

Be fair. The did win in Grenada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Grenada

The United States invasion of Grenada began on the 25 October 1983. The invasion, led by the United States, of the Caribbean island nation of Grenada, which has a population of about 91,000 and is located 160 kilometres (99 mi) north of Venezuela, resulted in a U.S. victory within a matter of days. Codenamed Operation Urgent Fury, it was triggered by the internal strife within the People's Revolutionary Government that resulted in the house arrest and the execution of the previous leader and second Prime Minister of Grenada Maurice Bishop, and the establishment of a preliminary government, the Revolutionary Military Council with Hudson Austin as Chairman. The invasion resulted in the appointment of an interim government, followed by democratic elections in 1984. The country has remained a democratic nation since then.

Grenada gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1974.

Yep...he is steadily ticking off all the common traits of becoming a "dick-tator"...

1. Intimidates and demonizes the media

2. Appoints unqualified family members to high ranking government positions 

3. Blatant lying

4. Stacking the courts

5. Selective law enforcement

6. Fearmongering

7. MILITARY PARADES

I'm sure that it is within the powers of the President to rustle up some tanks for tomorrow - especially as I read somewhere that most of them will be Second World War Shermans restored by enthusiasts. Likewise I'm sure that the various militia movements will be happy to offer up some marching troops, complete with "Wallmart Issue assault rifles". They can put the more rotund individuals in the centre files so they won't be so obvious as they waddle down Pennsylvania Avenue to the adulation of what will doubtless be the biggest, greatest, most magnificently big crowd which has ever turned out for a President on the Fourth Of July.

No, my concern is with the "flyover", Such civil engineering projects take time you know, and I doubt one can be built in twenty four hours...

58 minutes ago, JAG said:

I'm sure that it is within the powers of the President to rustle up some tanks for tomorrow - especially as I read somewhere that most of them will be Second World War Shermans restored by enthusiasts. Likewise I'm sure that the various militia movements will be happy to offer up some marching troops, complete with "Wallmart Issue assault rifles". They can put the more rotund individuals in the centre files so they won't be so obvious as they waddle down Pennsylvania Avenue to the adulation of what will doubtless be the biggest, greatest, most magnificently big crowd which has ever turned out for a President on the Fourth Of July.

Even bigger than the biggest ever crowd that turned out for his inauguration no matter what the lying park service said!!!

1 hour ago, JAG said:

No, my concern is with the "flyover", Such civil engineering projects take time you know, and I doubt one can be built in twenty four hours...

Trump knows the libs will be outraged by this. That's the main point of doing it. Oh well Antifa can come protest this one if they have the nerve. Trump is just laughing about it all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump knows the libs will be outraged by this. That's the main point of doing it. Oh well Antifa can come protest this one if they have the nerve. Trump is just laughing about it all.

It is just the kind of thing to make a sociopath laugh.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tug said:

Ahh yogi we are getting a bit nervous about folks shooting in crowds over here wouldn’t advise it lol and I hope Donald gets to see it and realize how the majority of Americans perceive him lol

Will open carry be allowed at the celebration? 

If not, ooooooooo........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/portland-oregon-cops-knew-fascists-had-weapons-cache_n_5bc5e853e4b0d38b5871be1b

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

You neglected to mention the part about him using federal funds for what is clearly a campaign rally, and issuing VIP tickets to top Republican donors.  You know, the part about him breaking the law.

I will enjoy the day. Should be a Nice airshow. I have heard of federal money going to worse things. Should be good business for those with bars and restaurants in the area. It isn't a campaign event it's the 4th of July. Some perks go with being president. You want to cut an event that's a terrible waste of money try the correspondent's dinner. 

Those tanks are part of the reason you can sit here and criticize the president. Be thankful they have preserved a democracy. If you can't be happy because of Trump be happy we have free and open elections and celebrate that. 

Happy fourth of July!

sky-news-trump-hugs-flag-speech-to-conservatives_4595751.jpg

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

I can't wait to see this on TV, gonna be an epic 4th celebration.  Kudo's to the president for putting this on. 

The only positive post I have seen so far.

Happy July 4th to all my US mates. Have  a good one!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

The only positive post I have seen so far.

Happy July 4th to all my US mates. Have  a good one!!

Yes, that's the common salutation on the 4th of July, "Have a happy 4th of July" . It's a celebration of independence after all. No need for any military displays or even recognition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes, that's the common salutation on the 4th of July, "Have a happy 4th of July" . It's a celebration of independence after all. No need for any military displays or even recognition. 

They do flyovers with jets at baseball games and sporting events. It really is much to do about nothing. JFK and others have also had tanks on display at some point. Again it isn't unusual. 

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

They do flyovers with jets at baseball games and sporting events. It really is much to do about nothing. JFK and others have also had tanks on display at some point. Again it isn't unusual. 

It's a campaign rally wrapped in a taxpayer funded American flag. I hope a complaint is filed with the FEC over this. I'm am personally sick of the militarism in the US and how it is encroaching into every facet of American life. Most especially the militarization of police forces large and small.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2019 at 10:12 PM, Skallywag said:

Do not want to win wars - the military industrial complex makes their billions of dollars by perpetuating conflicts in foreign countries ad-infinitum . 

Wars of attrition.  What runs out first, the hardware we're selling or the $$$ others pay for it?  Lather, rinse and repeat.

Just occurred to me...  If the guys who deserved it got what was coming to them, we'd have no politicans, and damned small government. Of course there's those megalomaniacs who are so good at what they do and take our a few hundred million people every so often.

Edited by Damrongsak

17 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It's a campaign rally wrapped in a taxpayer funded American flag. I hope a complaint is filed with the FEC over this. I'm am personally sick of the militarism in the US and how it is encroaching into every facet of American life. Most especially the militarization of police forces large and small.

I am not against displays of appreciation to America's veterans on Veterans Day or displays of rememberance on Memorial Day however.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Nonsense. The trump administration has not provided tickets for Democrat politicians, only for donors, members of the military and republicans. trump is yet again demonstrating his divisiveness & attacks on democracy.

The dems are masters of divisiveness so it really no longer matters. There is no reason to pander to them.

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The dems are masters of divisiveness so it really no longer matters. There is no reason to pander to them.

Whatever. Is it not the responsibility of a President to represent all Americans on a day commemorating Independence? To underline extreme partisanship on such as day shows weakness of character.

As shown so many times, trump is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Arguably the ICBM program I worked on in the '80's has more to do with why you can sit there and lecture me on defending the county than those tanks.  However I'm not arguing for an ICBM display.  Have you ever served in uniform?

Using federal funds for partisan political purposes is illegal.  Blowing it off shows you approve of a President who is above the law, which undermines democracy.  Elections become less free and fair the more outside nations are allowed to interfere, and Trump doesn't seem to mind this outside interference.

There is a lot more to preserving democracy than having a dirty old man grope the US flag.  You should start thinking about the real issues.

Yes Sir, I have served my country. I have said that here on more than one occasion. If it is illegal sue him. Otherwise I am not obligated to share your outrage. It doesn't make me racist, homophobic, toxic or whatever other crap you would throw at me. 

• Like 1

Great idea! kids love to clamber over tanks and stuff. Dems are just sour as they play partisan politics over everything. I think Trump would be wise not to get into ANY politics today and just say 'have fun'.

• Like 1