France, Iran agree to seek conditions to resume nuclear talks by July 15 - Macron

rooster59

Traditionally, Europ have been viewed by Iran as the weakest link in the resolves or the US, Israel and Saudis not to allow Iran at any cost to have weaponized uranium something that the iranians dearly love to have seeing how chubby Kim get free pass and even Trump is mulling to contain nuclear N. Korea, the mullahs will talk to anyone, talk is cheap but in the end, nothing will come out of it... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Expect Trump to go into a trade war tizzy now with the EU.

How dare two sovereign nations discuss any trade agreement that involves denuclearization of Iran without Trump's permission and dictates.

Time for Trump to unleash his top State Senior official - Ivanka.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Expect Trump to go into a trade war tizzy now with the EU.

How dare two sovereign nations discuss any trade agreement that involves denuclearization of Iran without Trump's permission and dictates.

Time for Trump to unleash his top State Senior official - Ivanka.

As France is a member state of the EU, it cannot discuss and agree trade agreements.

Macron is once again show boating to show the French people what a brilliant and important man he is. Oh, and divert their attention from all the protests and social issues at home and his tumbling approval ratings.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

One wonders what Iran are supposed to do. They made a deal with a number of countries which traded lifting of trade sanctions for suspension of nuclear activities. The US reneged on the deal, the EU refused to trade because if US sanctions and so they are worse of than before doing the deal.....and according to the UN watchdog, they faithfully kept their end of the bargain. 

The West simply cannot be trusted. The EU says it backs the deal but impounds an Iranian boat laden with oil as part of US sanctions, with which they supposedly do not agree. 

Anyone making any sort of deal that involved the US is headed for trouble. Kim better keep his nukes as everyone who voluntarily gives them up gets killed. Not only that the US is selling nuclear technology to Saudi, and after they had knowledge of the Kashoggi dismemberment. Compare the reaction of Western governments the Skripcal affair with the Kashoggi dismemberment....we still sell the Saudis bombs to drop on Yemeni children. Has Iran done Althing as awful as what the Saudi are doing now?????

Message to world.....never do a deal with the US, they will renege and then arrange to have you killed. 

The ship stopped in Gibraltar was, allegedly, heading for Syria. There are EU sanctions relevant to that, and separate from the unilateral USA sanctions on Iran. More a case of interests coinciding there, I think.

And no - you are conflating the current administration with the USA. Trump may very well be deserving of such criticism - and, indeed, one reason people are so upset by him is the departure from the previous norms. Trump is not a permanent fixture, though.

Skripal was a UK citizen attacked on UK soil, using a weapon which could have potentially put many others at risk. Khashoggi was a SA citizen murdered in Turkey. Not same same. As for selling arms to SA - pretty much everyone is in (or want to). Goes back quite a ways too. Iranian violations of civil and human rights are many. I'm not getting into the debate of who's bigger, but feigning ignorance of Iran's policies and actions is bizarre.

Your last line makes even less sense than the post preceding it.

Looks like the french are the adults in the room again anyone rember Iraq they were 100% right that time.mr pedrogaz sir Donald isent the USA he will be gone soon and the USA can again join the nations on the world stage without all the bulley bs

18 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

As France is a member state of the EU, it cannot discuss and agree trade agreements.

Macron is once again show boating to show the French people what a brilliant and important man he is. Oh, and divert their attention from all the protests and social issues at home and his tumbling approval ratings.

Exactly!

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone thinks this obvious showboating attempt by macron, is worthy of little other than contempt.

But perhaps I'm missing something?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Exactly!

I'm at a loss to understand why anyone thinks this obvious showboating attempt by macron, is worthy of little other than contempt.

You are.

International diplomacy in action.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Exactly!

Maybe. Trump is actually in a deadlock with no decent solution. In the Irak case, the Bush administration had been able to get support from the american people by using the anger resulting from the twin towers' attack.

There is no support for a war in Iran and it may well cost Trump the next elections.

Iran is also in a deadlock and both parties are looking for a solution without losing face.

He may well not succeed but he is at least able to talk with both Trump and the Iranians.