Bandit Airways strikes again

Friends have told me that when parking your motorbike at the departure bike park at the airport - you now have to pay 10 baht on entry. You then pay the posted fee when you leave.

Having checked the official website it would appear that Bandit Airways is desperate for money.

Whilst the first 30 minutes parking is free, there is a 10 baht 'service fee'. Stay for 31 minutes and you pay 10 baht on exit as well.

Friends were caught out on this one this week!

Yes, 10 baht is not a lot of money but.......   are they that desperate?  Hint of the day, if you park your car for 2 days or more - lose the ticket. ????

http://www.samuiairport.com/index.php?route=content/category&path=3&content_id=69

• Sad 1

If it's clearly posted that the first 30 minutes are free then I don't see a problem, of course from 31 minutes onwards you have to pay.

An additional 10 baht for parking a bit longer at an airport is not bad, generally speaking parking at airports is expensive

14 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Hint of the day, if you park your car for 2 days or more - lose the ticket. ????

Not sure this still works, they give you now an electronic card and the fee is read from the card and then displayed on a screen. They probably make you pay quite a bit extra for losing the electronic card....

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Yes, 10 baht is not a lot of money but.......   are they that desperate?

European airports must be (much) more desparate – don't worry, and be happy that you live on Samui...????

• Like 2

22 hours ago, khunPer said:

European airports must be (much) more desparate – don't worry, and be happy that you live on Samui...????

but I remember when parking was free KhunPer! Mind you, return fare from Samui to BKK and back was only 3,250 baht then!

On 7/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, Razzler1973 said:

If it's clearly posted that the first 30 minutes are free then I don't see a problem, of course from 31 minutes onwards you have to pay. 

Yes - it is clearly marked that you pay on exit but this 10 baht is to get you into the car park. Make sure that you have change! (I do not take coins when I fly - too much hassle with the security stations.)

On 7/9/2019 at 5:49 PM, scorecard said:

I suspect the poster is wondering if the staff on the spot are levying an extra charge outside of the actual fees?

I thought that at first but when I checked the website it clearly states that there is a '10 baht service fee' plus any relevant exit fee.

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

but I remember when parking was free KhunPer! Mind you, return fare from Samui to BKK and back was only 3,250 baht then!

–And I remember the cozy old terminal, where I could long-time park my car for 50 baht while I was in Europe. It was cheaper to leave the car in the airport than using the shared 200-baht minibus service...????

We have to get used to that with so many more cars at Samui – because everybody wants more tourists to invade the island – I think parking space square meters soon are its space worth in gold; for example you also pay for parking a motorcycle by a walking street...????