First time checked by Immagration in 15 years

I do also since 15 years my extension;

I, at the Jomtien Immigration. 

The officers there have no interest in me. 

I must say, we only spend every time something like 5 minutes together. 

Maybe next year it will be different. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wisperone said:

Oh wait, its quality tourists that Thailand wants, so the tourist should be the one on the hook for lunch.

"Quality and responsibility" is the latest catchphrase baloney from TAT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

While those of us unused to the system find it loathsome, it can be interesting to at least understand the Thai patronage system. Increasingly, Thai officials feel that long stay foreigners should integrate themselves into Thai society, and begin to conform to Thai norms. You can resist, but this will probably become painful as Thai officialdom becomes increasingly intolerant of foreigners unwilling to conform to Thai society and customs.

Thanks for the "news" or advise, but I know the drill. Have a high polib, a kamnan and a dep. sec. in the Government in wife family, but I don´t mingle, there´s always a catch: I help you, you help me, and this can be both good and bad.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

While those of us unused to the system find it loathsome, it can be interesting to at least understand the Thai patronage system. Increasingly, Thai officials feel that long stay foreigners should integrate themselves into Thai society, and begin to conform to Thai norms. You can resist, but this will probably become painful as Thai officialdom becomes increasingly intolerant of foreigners unwilling to conform to Thai society and customs.

I agree that you should learn and know about the system. Then you can (and will have to) decide if it's for you. Definitely food for thought for all of us. As it's clearly not for me and as I tend to agree with your prediction, I don't really see myself as a likely candidate to become a bona fide resident one day anymore. Each to their own, of course.

Was it really immigration who came to visit or the local cops?

The local cops have been doing these random visits for a while, they show up take a couple of pics, look at your passport etc.

But I've never heard of actual immigration showing up

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

Maybe. But there are people who find the thought of being hospitable to thugs revolting.

and thai immigration, also expect us to wear long trousers etc , to show respect..

why should we respect scum, bludgers, such as these people..

they get PAID  to do a job---as always THEY should be showing the customer respect..

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1