Extension of Stay - 65000 baht rule

Dont expect any leinency at Phuket. Yesterday I went to Phuket Immigration for Extension of Stay based on Retirement. Together with all the other forms I took a Letter from my Bank and my preceding 12 MONTH BANGKOK BANK STATEMENT SHOWING 12 MONTHLY INTERNATONAL TRANSFERS Of 65000 BAHT OR MORE TO AN ACCOUNT IN MY NAME ONLY. The Statement and my passport was

heavily scrutinised by the Officer, who, to my relief stamped it and said to come back on Monday after lunch.  Paid 1900 baht and left very quickly. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

Was the bank statement a consolidation of all 12 entries on one page, as shown in some previous posting or multiple pages covering the entire 12 months showing all transactions including 12 deposits. Thank you.

• you will probably have to show how and were your money from the bank came from. I submiited Bank statement,(12 months ) Bank transfers slips (12 Months ) Bangkok bank accounts show all transactions for these transfers. The a confirmation from the sources of your Country income to your countries bank. Plus 3 Photos plus the rest wifes ID My passport, Copy of Original Visa  first years entry and exit visa before getting marriage visa, deeds of house , plus map of area and signed 6 or more forms (all in Thai ) regarding overstaying and penalties.  Then 1900 bahts   Now this was arrived after 2 rejections for more info. I manage to submit 7 july 2019 11 after expiry.    Whether I get the visa is not sure.  My question is how much more info  do these people need

Was in an identical position to the OP as regards 12 suitably-coded monthly transfers to my Bangkok Bank account when I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong on Friday. Didn't expect any leniency because I didn't require any!

Had I been in the OP's shoes I would probably have been rather more annoyed about being told to come back on Monday after lunch. I walked out of Rayong Immigration on Friday with the new extension of stay stamped and signed in my passport!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 3:01 AM, glegolo said:

So what do you want with this post??? To me it all seems good and you are just fine???

Or did I misunderstand something in your text??

glegolo

22 hours ago, Thailand said:

Sorry, don't understand as you had 12 months of statements of 65K so leniency did not come in to it, or did I miss something?

15 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

In what way did you expect more leniency if they granted you the extension without any hassle?  

Immigration guidelines indicated that offices would be lenient during the first year of new rules. The OP is saying that you need the full 12 months transfers and not to expect an extension to be granted with less.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:
2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Immigration guidelines indicated that offices would be lenient during the first year of new rules. The OP is saying that you need the full 12 months transfers and not to expect an extension to be granted with less.

There's nothing in his post to suggest that.

Everything in his post suggests that.

Whether or not they would have been lenient with less we don't know without more detail or corroboration. But the OP is implying that they want the full 12 months and will scrutinise the statements to make sure all transfers are there.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:38 AM, Haso said:

I took a Letter from my Bank and my preceding 12 MONTH BANGKOK BANK STATEMENT SHOWING 12 MONTHLY INTERNATONAL TRANSFERS Of 65000 BAHT OR MORE TO AN ACCOUNT IN MY NAME ONLY.

The rule stating that the money has to be deposited in to a Thai Bank did not start until February 2019. How come you started 12 months ago which is July 2018. No one knew of the requirement then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably because he was already getting his income transferred in every month.

I have been doing it for over 7 years. My current bank book shows 2 years of transfers in it. No complaint from me about the new requirement since it saves me a trip to Bangkok and the 1650 baht fee to get proof of income from my embassy this year.

Should the IO be looking to see deposits before the Police Order of Jan 2019?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

Should the IO be looking to see deposits before the Police Order of Jan 2019?

Actually it went into effect in December. 

According to a memorandum sent out in December by the immigration commissioner they should not be looking for a full 12 months this year.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually it went into effect in December. 

According to a memorandum sent out in December by the immigration commissioner they should not be looking for a full 12 months this year.

So what is the first month deposits should be place into a Thai Bank? 

14 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

So what is the first month deposits should be place into a Thai Bank? 

As soon as possible is what I have been suggesting for awhile now.

If possible I would say February or March. How many that are required would depend upon your local offices policy.

2 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

I got my marriage extension of stay issued the first week of November, but I didn't start depositing the money into a Thai account until January.  Do you think I will have a problem? 

That will be enough to show in November.

4 hours ago, BoBoTheClown said:

The rule stating that the money has to be deposited in to a Thai Bank did not start until February 2019. How come you started 12 months ago which is July 2018. No one knew of the requirement then.

Some of us are in possession of remarkable ESP powers, you know!????

• Haha 1

For qkd888... My Bangkok bank statement showing multiple pages covering the entire 12 months showing all transactions including 12 deposits from overseas plus letter from Bank showing balance as of and near the date of application.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably because he was already getting his income transferred in every month.

I have been doing it for over 7 years. My current bank book shows 2 years of transfers in it. No complaint from me about the new requirement since it saves me a trip to Bangkok and the 1650 baht fee to get proof of income from my embassy this year.

With all this confusion with Transferwise I would rather use the embassy than my bank book.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

With all this confusion with Transferwise I would rather use the embassy than my bank book.

Some of us cannot. In fact, will Immigration accept 65k transfers if your Embassy is still issuing letters?

34 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No problem for me. All my transfers are coded as international transfers and arrive without me having to do anything.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Some of us cannot. In fact, will Immigration accept 65k transfers if your Embassy is still issuing letters?

Some have refused to accept proof of the transfers if the applicant was from a country whose embassy was doing proof of income.

It is either one of the two options in the police order.

• Like 1

Yes,    he meant that there was a letter to give "leniency" for the first extension after the new rules.    However, it seems this is not going to happen at some places.   This is for the 65,000 baht per month system.

Udon Thani Immig (for example) requires a full 12 months of transfers.    I went to UTH Immig last Friday    -   for the information of those who use UTH IO they require 800,000 baht for 2 months prior to application of extension,   and it must be in your Thai bank account via a bank transfer from overseas.

So the IO I spoke to told me.