Student killed by electrocution in Phuket public park under investigation

webfact

Student killed by electrocution in Phuket public park under investigation

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1563169483_1-org.jpg

Kajonkietsuksa School posted a notice expressing their deepest condolences to the family and friends of Mr Nour, who went by the nickname “Nikki”, a “7th generation student” at the school. Image: Kajonkietsuksa School

PHUKET: Police are investigating the death an 18-year-student who was killed by electrocution from touching a floodlight pole at a public basketball court at Suan Luang (King’s Park) on Saturday evening (July 13).

An emergency medical team from Vachira Phuket Hospital were called to the park at 6pm.

The medical team arrived to find 18-year-old Prince of Songkhla University Phuket campus student Kahled Nour dead on the ground.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/student-killed-by-electrocution-in-phuket-public-park-under-investigation-72135.php#Mr1mT2S66DSpfu8A.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-15

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

RIP young man

Tragedy which should not have occurred

I often wonder how many die per year from electrocution per year in Thailand

I am guessing it peaks at Songkran. Water and electricity is not a good mix.

Last year during Songkran I was on a bus travelling through Isaan townships I and I couldn't believe the mazes of electrical cords running pumps for children's play pools. The wires and plugs were awash with water. Next day I noticed at least one death was reported as a result of an electrified paddler pool.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Electrics are a nightmare in this country; never touch anything electrical in Public Areas !

Hmm,..a real problem is when electricity lines touch something that is not supposed to be electrified, like a pole, or just stepping onto a whet floor,...

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

How come there is no regular inspection of anything?

Because there are no regular inspection of anything is one of the reasons there are so many horrific accidents with tourist boats, big buses, minivans,....etc...the car technical control is a complete joke !!!

3 hours ago, missoura said:

From the article. 

“I have told the Phuket Provincial Electricity Authority to check every light pole in the area and forensic police are coming to inspect the scene today,” Col Sompong said. “I don’t have the authority to close the area. It is not my responsibility,” he said.

At that my friends is what aggravates me the most about living here. I will add that I have lived here for many years and have seen this time and time again. Many Thais simply refuse to take responsibility for anything.

Recently, where I live out in the boonies two boys trashed our ‘swimmin hole'. My wife tracked them down and they suffered the consequences of their actions. Their parents thought a 'wai' and a sorry would be enough. So did the 'poo yai' and a couple of teachers. My wife and I said no. If the parents won't teach responsibility we will. The boys had to work all day Saturday picking up trash by the school plus make a sign for our swimming area. 

Also I bought these boys lunch and they got to listen to me all day. They had so much fun...

litter boys.JPG

Posting a picture of those boys without blurring there faces could get you into big trouble !!! with the Thai anti defamation laws !!! I hope nothing will happen to you.

Best regards.

It’s not just failure of inspections....workers need to be trained and educated on how to do inspections plus the knowledge in that field

we always criticize the police for not doing road enforcement....the bigger problem is their workforce  is not trained on how to do enforcement plus lacking the knowledge of just the regulations....it would take a year of competent trainers to accomplish this task b/f day one of enforcement....

Edited by cardinalblue

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

How come there is no regular inspection of anything?

Because that would mean 'taking responsibility', something almost unheard of.    They want 'responsible' jobs with the money and kick backs that go with it but don't expect to do anything for it other than tell people how clever they are !