TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

I wouldn't know a TM.30 if it jumped up and bit me in the arse. Never filed one, and to my knowledge my landlady never filed one in the 30 years of renting the house. I went away frequently, and all the hotels I have stayed in accepted my Thai ID's. Only one hotel in Bangkok refused to register me because I didn't have my passport with me. Maybe one day ......................

This goes  to prove that immigration is not joined up and we are doing there work for them

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Almer said:

Im sorry i cant answer you because i am at a loss to get my head around the reason, yes they can ask whatever but there must  be a reason why this is now being policed, maybe in a short while we will all ve rounded up and sent packing, no i am not  joking

I'm to the point where I wish they would round me up and send me packing. That would end my continuing to feel like a common criminal and end my delaying to leave on my own volition.

3 minutes ago, Leatherneck said:

I'm to the point where I wish they would round me up and send me packing. That would end my continuing to feel like a common criminal and end my delaying to leave on my own volition.

You sound a bit like me, uncomfortable, the house has been sold moving this week and going to a 6 month rent this will allow me to be in control , next step have pensions(3) paid into Uk bank again and suffer the cost of periodic transfers, now only the Ranger to part with and buy a cheapie, and the funny thing these are all the Mrs Almers ideas.

36 minutes ago, Psychic said:

But my house isn't a "temporary basis".

It is, believe it or not, where I live.

You are only allowed to stay for one year, maybe next year they decide to not give you another extension

34 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Then you where talking about a real tourist.

No, I was talking about "young guys." You think people on Non-B who are young just sit in their apartments and don't want to explore. Oh, why am I bothering responding to cranky silliness?

First the biggest joke and now big Oud? What is this? All top immigration guys are big guys? How? Why? In my opinion they are actually very small men, who continue to perpetrate the racism, and xenophobia, that leads to a mild mass hysteria against foreigners, on the part of all government employees, and even some common people. It is destructive policy, it is destroying tourism, and it is discouraging ex-pats from staying here.

If you guys had any intelligence, you would be doing things to encourage us to stay, and making our lives easier, not harder. Many ex-pats are good guys, who bring alot to the table here, and contribute to Thailand on countless levels. We deserve to be treated with some dignity. And we are faced with choices. Do you realize that? Do you care one iota? Is this a deliberate policy to get rid of the ex-pat community? Many of us were encouraged when the biggest joke was exiled, and thought that there was at least a small possibility that immigration might get smart, and do the right thing. Instead, Big Oud appears to be equally ignorant and devoid of common sense, reason, and vision. Only time will tell if he is as big a racist and xenophobe as the biggest joke was. 

Anyone  laboring under the mistaken belief that Thai Immigration really wants falangs to retire in the Kingdom and spend their latter years spending their hard-earned  money  in Thailand, only needs to read the seemingly unending list of rules and regulations to set them straight !! Having bought a condo and spent much money here , I will now start looking at moving to the Philippines. The PI  seems to be a far more welcoming place to me 

Again another persecution of wester tourist

having to report where you are staying on your visit to Thailand if you are staying with friends or relatives 

hours of your vacation waiting in immigration to register 

if not you get a fine 

Another way to extract money from us 

why on earth can this not be done online we all know where we are staying 

its like me I arrive in Thailand stay in Bangkok for a few days at a hotel 

then go to stay with friends in there house 

then I have to waste vacation time going to immigration or face a fine 

that’s why it’s I choose to avoid Thailand and go to other Asian countries 

who welcome us Western tourists 

if you want us to come back take note 

stop dreaming up stupid rules to extract money from us

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

First the biggest joke and now big Oud? What is this? All top immigration guys are big guys? How? Why? In my opinion they are actually very small men, who continue to perpetrate the racism, and xenophobia, that leads to a mild mass hysteria against foreigners, on the part of all government employees, and even some common people. It is destructive policy, it is destroying tourism, and it is discouraging ex-pats from staying here.

If you guys had any intelligence, you would be doing things to encourage us to stay, and making our lives easier, not harder. Many ex-pats are good guys, who bring alot to the table here, and contribute to Thailand on countless levels. We deserve to be treated with some dignity. And we are faced with choices. Do you realize that? Do you care one iota? Is this a deliberate policy to get rid of the ex-pat community? Many of us were encouraged when the biggest joke was exiled, and thought that there was at least a small possibility that immigration might get smart, and do the right thing. Instead, Big Oud appears to be equally ignorant and devoid of common sense, reason, and vision. Only time will tell if he is as big a racist and xenophobe as the biggest joke was. 

It boils down to they all being tarred with the same brush....If those who control the country had any sense they should be able to sort probs and advise those who control different departments. But no, they are all the same, that's why they cannot fix road carnage, nobody can work out a fix..

An early post had a picture of a poster.  In the poster it stated that you had to do a notification of travel outside of the province 48 hours prior to travel.  Does anyone know of any such law and to whom you would notify?  It is ridicules but that is what the poster says. 

The TM30 reporting is unbelievable. I have just been through the ringer with Immigration due to being divorced, I live alone with my 6 year old son, he is the owner of the land and house, (neither I nor her can sell the house or land until he turns 20 and even then it is his decision what he does with it) but my ex wife who has not lived with me for over 4 years has the Blue book and is the House Master in accordance with Thai Law. She will not give up the Blue book as she is able to obtain loans with it. I have had a running battle with them and they have finally told me that I have to get a Thai friend to fill in the TM30 to say that I live there, or get a hotel to do the same. As far as I am aware that is falsifying an official document, but that is what I have been told to do and is my only way to report my return to my sons house if I am out of the Province overnight. 

seriously......if you are going to stay with friends for a few days in another city, province, etc, who the hell is going to know apart from you?

just ignore it.

if you go to stay at a hotel, no problem, the hotel does it for you.

The acting head of Thai Immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang appears to be stepping up his policy of making sure that all house owners and hoteliers report the whereabouts of foreigners within 24 hours or face fines.

Dear Mr. Lt-Gen.,

please give order that all farangs must report about (the illegal) corruption, especially in your own Immigration area. And please let us report by a form TCxxx, drafted by your office. And last not least, please give every "reporter" a reward of 2.000 Baht - within 30 days.  :cheesy::intheclub:  :clap2:

Let them destroy everything with non-sense stuff like that. It`s a typical Thai-thinking. Stuff like that will lead that less and less people buy condos, whether they are farangs or Chinese. And that`s where the fun begins, as it won`t just affect us, but the whole national economy. There are dozens of new condo complexes in BKK which recently have been built or are being built. Thai people won`t buy them fore sure and less and less foreigners will see it as an invest.

I support a government which has the aim to take the bad guys out, but it won`t work in a stu*** corrupt country like Thailand.

20 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Is there any significance in the words "on a temporary basis"?

I own my condo and live there permanently by extending my retirement visa every 12 months.

Do you have a Thai residency?

No - you retirement „visa“ is only a visa exemption - so you are here on a temporary basis.

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

lkv   

That form pictured is the TM30 notification, I have one just like it, as well as the 90 day form with the next report date, and an old departure card completing the trio of forms that must reside in my passport permanently.

As I've mentioned in previous threads/topics, I have never filled in a TM30 and travel out of Thailand a few times a year.

But I always do my 90day reporting, in person on the date(or close to) which they gave me at last 90report.

I think the rules state that the 90 days starts over from day 1 when you re enter the country from an overseas trip.

Never tried that one.

Has anyone here ever recalculated their 90days reporting based on a new interim arrival date?

16 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Hello immigration I have news for you - Internet Explorer was discontinued a few years ago! But then again everything here is behind the rest of the civilized world for 10-20 years.

Why doesn’t the “general” concentrate on the long cues at Suvarnabhumi Airport instead of trying - in good Big Joke fashion - getting his face into the news at every opportunity !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What are you talking about? Every installation of W10 (with the exception of the 'N' versions(?)) still has it incorporated.

I have a message for you Sompong, NO !

I am renting a property where my condo owner will NOT be informing you I’m staying there. As for the foreigner I’m renting one of my properties too, I will also NOT be informing you of this, I’m not a snitch.

I will also not be informing you where I am staying every 90 days.

Go ahead, find me & fine me !

... which means that when you return home after your hotel stay, you must do your 'bail' report at your local immigration office, because now the immigration database shows you residing at that hotel.

15 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

who the hell is going to know apart from you?

just ignore it.

Right - but it does not cover everything involved!

With the hotel reporting you, they created evidence that you staid away ... So, when returning, you have to report your return to immigration with TM30 again.

(Not my opinion - statement from CM immigration officers at a meeting in our condo) 

edit: sorry for stating this twice, @simon43 was faster...

18 hours ago, Skallywag said:

No one is ever going to do this when friends come over and stay the night. 

If we start seeing police going door to door and collecting 2,000 baht from those who have not filled out a TM30 form I will eat my words. 

So many laws on the books that are never enforced anywhere....littering in thailand is a 2000 baht fine, riding without a helmet - 500? baht fine.  Riding motorcycle on sidewalk ...   so many laws they break and few ever are enforced

there was a news article posted on july ten in tv, thailand news by mr. fairfield on this happening to thai housemasters.  you probably won't read this anyway.

7 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

I think the rules state that the 90 days starts over from day 1 when you re enter the country from an overseas trip.

Never tried that one.

Has anyone here ever recalculated their 90days reporting based on a new interim arrival date?

Yes, I did several times - no problem with doing that.

The entry stamp is, what counts.

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

... which means that when you return home after your hotel stay, you must do your 'bail' report at your local immigration office, because now the immigration database shows you residing at that hotel.

Yes, IF the hotel does what they are supposed to do...

7 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

As I've mentioned in previous threads/topics, I have never filled in a TM30 and travel out of Thailand a few times a year.

But I always do my 90day reporting, in person on the date(or close to) which they gave me at last 90report.

Never tried that one.

I'll be trying it next month. I was due to report the 90 days in early May but having gone back to the UK for a trip , when I returned I asked the officer if my date was now changed to 90 days in the future. He answered in the affirmative. I asked him for a new form  giving 90 days from that date. He declined telling me to calculate 90 days myself.

So I'll report in early August and see what they say.!

20 hours ago, SammyT said:

I bet you'll still be here in a year. Just like everyone else who threatens to take their expat retiree money elsewhere...

You want to bet me, just got back from Vietnam, going again in 2 weeks, I'll find my spot there on this trip, then I'll come back and ship my stuff there. I feel for the the guys that are vested in Thailand, with families and property, I knew better than to do that. Wont do it in Vietnam either.

Archived