TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

As foreigners both my wife and I are on the yellow book as yet I have never had to fill in a TM 30 . When I do my yearly extension of stay I submit a copy of our yellow book as well as copies of our This issued pink ID Cards . On a personal level I have found having a yellow housebook and pink ID card less problematic I even get discount when showing my card. 

I have both a Yellow Book and Thai issued Pink ID card - and a fine was levied against my wife two years ago when this TM30 nonsense became the new Cash-Cow for Thai Immigration.  I paid the fine of course.

So, you have never had to file a TM30?  Then that simply exemplifies the already known fact that Thai Immigration is divided into fiefdoms which operate independently from the head office and who apply their own rules and regulations.  Nothing new under the Sun.  Your office does not require a TM30 if you have a Yellow Book?  Well, until the time comes that they decide that they do.  Then your wife will be holding out her hand for the 1800 THB that your Immigration Office will demand in compensation for your wife having broken Thai law.  Like mine and others, your wife will eventually become a criminal by association with you.  My guess is that it's simply a matter of time.  Your Immigration hasn't caught up with the others yet.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

Yes, if you have a house book, you don't need to do this nonsense.

21 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Shhhhhhhhh!  Don't remind them, we're hoping they forgot about it for now.

It wouldn’t surprise me if immigration use Thaivisa for one of its main sources of undercover research..

23 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

As I've mentioned in previous threads/topics, I have never filled in a TM30 and travel out of Thailand a few times a year.

But I always do my 90day reporting, in person on the date(or close to) which they gave me at last 90report.

I think the rules state that the 90 days starts over from day 1 when you re enter the country from an overseas trip.

Never tried that one.

Has anyone here ever recalculated their 90days reporting based on a new interim arrival date?

Yes, the 90 days Always starts from when you enter the country.

21 minutes ago, simon43 said:

... which means that when you return home after your hotel stay, you must do your 'bail' report at your local immigration office, because now the immigration database shows you residing at that hotel.

Depends on where yuo stay. I meet IO officers 90 minutes/year.

21 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It is encouraging to note that this requirement has been on the books for 40 years...lets hope mandatory health insurance is likewise placed an a shelf for many years...

Everyone should have health insurance, for many reasons. I also think there should be a language exam for those wanting long term yearly visa extensions.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, if you have a house book, you don't need to do this nonsense.

how many times has it been said on tv that non thai cannot be listed in the tb, blue book,???

i tried to use the yellow book to self report, cannot said the io, bring me signed copies of blue book and housemaster's id, of the address i am staying.  i did this and the io completed the form and stapled in my pp.  no fines involved, this at chiang rai.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

When staying in a hotel, don't give them your passport if you are a long termer. Give them the pink non Thai ID card or driver's license.

what difference, unless the licence / pink ID card was issued prior to any passport renewal - then your licence / ID won't immediately agree with your name / passport No in immigration records.  

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Everyone should have health insurance, for many reasons. I also think there should be a language exam for those wanting long term yearly visa extensions.

Make it a 10 or 20 year visa and i would agree with a language test, but a one year Visa. no way.

21 hours ago, z42 said:

Idiocy at its finest. This thing won't last. When large numbers of Thais start getting fines it'll be reined in.

But what a pathetic spectacle it is right now. A mate of mine had his door knocked on and his condo owner fined after he visited a province only 40km away 

This because the Thai government push for 5G

3 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

it's their loss bro.

if by some chance that is your actual photo associated with your TV account, it is a easy match for facial recognition. If I were you, I would close your account and start over with a new avatar and make no reference to your old account. 

29 minutes ago, NightSky said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if immigration use Thaivisa for one of its main sources of undercover research..

5555! - I'll confirm that next week! - I'm about to do a retirement visa extension and my finances are base around my income coming in via Transferwise - That now shows up on bank statements as SMT - short for SMART - overseas transaction.

We'll see what My local Immigration crowd says about that! - It's all over TV and not anywhere e3lse!

38 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

in all my hotel stays during the last year, they requested my passport and made a copy, even in the deep provinces...

Of course they did, perhaps for you thinking that's what hotels do, but how do you know if they pass the info on. You don't..

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Agreed. Also an IQ test ( weed out the dummies ) plus should be able to do 100 meters in less than 16 seconds ( weed out the beer guts and old codgers ) and down a small bottle of Lao Khao within 5 minutes to prove that thorough integration has taken place. Maybe even a wai test. Applicant is shown full size pictures of different kinds of Thai people and the appropriate wai must be given. ( or grahb , whatever seems best )

The list is endless.

Why lie that it's to keep foreigners safe. By definition they are saying it's an unsafe country. What they mean is we are extreme nationalists and don't like you being here and very paranoid but want your money.

FB_IMG_1563623755601.jpg

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

Agreed. Also an IQ test ( weed out the dummies ) plus should be able to do 100 meters in less than 16 seconds ( weed out the beer guts and old codgers ) and down a small bottle of Lao Khao within 5 minutes to prove that thorough integration has taken place. Maybe even a wai test. Applicant is shown full size pictures of different kinds of Thai people and the appropriate wai must be given. ( or grahb , whatever seems best )

The list is endless.

Neer will need his mum present for that lot...????

TM-30–no problem.  90-day reporting—can do.  OA-M with marriage, and now proof of health insurance—will comply.  Now can you please ask BoT to stop screwing with the hot money inflows, so we can get that damned Baht down?

19 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

On the TM6 is my address.

On my pink ID card is my address.

On my yellow house book is my address.

On my thai driving license is my address.

On my Thai health insurance card is my address.

12 Call, my electricity supplier, 7-11, Big C,

Lotus Tesco, Makro, Watson, Home Pro,

the BTS, my Banks, my Moneychanger all have my Address.

The immigration has my fingerprints, face scan, my phone number and my blood type.

If I visit Thai relatives and sleep there for one night, do they have to go to immigration and get in touch? I have Thai relatives who can neither read nor write.

The TM 30 does not make sense to me.

The TM 30 System should definitely be overhauled.

Yes not have sense for foreigner but for Thai immigration officer is so happy work when foreigner arrived on to office immigration and so sad when foreigners go ways, we are the jobs for this Thais peoples, think about this prospective, we are theirs precious cows and go happy, if you think same a foreigner you never go happy on smile country.

21 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Y'see I don't mind compulsory Health Insurance but not as an added requirement. Logically it should be either 800,000 OR Health Insurance for that amount..

Oh...I seem to have lost everybody at "Logically"......

That' what I thought to but now one can only use THB400K  for 5/6 months if needed for medical the other 6/& months one can't use Any of the THB 800K so don't get sick .at the moment one doesn't need to have Health Insurance . If the THB 800K could be used it would be Fair As long one tops it back up before the next  extension is due again. But Hey this is Thailand Logic,,, Nah

Archived