Are they capable of feeling empathy?

Elizway

Or even sympathy? 

The more I interact with Thai women (and observe relationships), the more I am realizing that there is something very off in their character "from my perspective". 

They lack empathy/sympathy.

They do well in faking it, but that's just in the beginning out of politeness or they are being at their best behavior. But later, when they are more comfortable around you, and they can be themselves, you would think they don't care anymore because of their lack of sympathy/empathy, when in fact, they are just not faking it anymore,and just being their true selves.

Yes, maybe they don't care anymore in a sense that they don't care to fake it for you anymore. 

They have a Tsunami of emotions and they want you - expect you - to acknowledge them, but they never reciprocate.

Never apologize. They are never wrong. It's all about them. They won't lift a finger to understand you. But they expect you to understand them.

I see them doing that even with their own kids. 

The worst is when the kids grow up in a western environment because then mom is just too cold. 

Anyone else notice this? 

5 minutes ago, Elizway said:

Or even sympathy? 

The more I interact with Thai women (and observe relationships), the more I am realizing that there is something very off in their character "from my perspective". 

They do well in faking it, but that's just in the beginning out of politeness or they are being at their best behavior. But later, when they are more comfortable around you, and they can be themselves, you would think they don't care anymore because of their lack of sympathy/empathy, when in fact, they are just not faking it anymore,and just being their true selves.

Yes, maybe they don't care anymore in a sense that they don't care to fake it for you anymore. 

They have a Tsunami of emotions and they want you - expect you - to acknowledge them, but they never reciprocate.

Never apologize. They are never wrong. It's all about them. They won't lift a finger to understand you. But they expect you to understand them.

The worst is when the kids grow up in a western environment because then mom is just too cold. 

Anyone else notice this? 

No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Elizway said:

The more I interact with Thai women (and observe relationships), the more I am realizing that there is something very off in their character

Where you meet them? You don’t meet Thai men also? 

I think maybe they they don’t like you. You think about that? Why?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Elizway said:

Sounds like every woman I've ever met, once the mask is off.

Why pick on Thai women?

I do acknowledge that there's a load of guys that never see past the mask.

And only find out in the asset stripping end game.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Who make ww1 and 2?

Who bomb Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos?

Who kill the kids in Iraq, Ahganistan, Syria and soon Iran for oil?

Who colonies all the country?

This thred good opportunity for the guy to criticize, complain, ridicule Thai people. 

Elizway, the Thai expert right?

Can you speak, read Thai? Because how can you understand people if you can not understand what they talk? But you can know everything right? Genius.

Touche, Elizway....????

18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Who make ww1 and 2?

Who bomb Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos?

Who kill the kids in Iraq, Ahganistan, Syria and soon Iran for oil?

Who colonies all the country?

This thred good opportunity for the guy to criticize, complain, ridicule Thai people. 

Elizway, the Thai expert right?

Can you speak, read Thai? Because how can you understand people if you can not understand what they talk? But you can know everything right? Genius.

Classic definition of whataboutism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Yinn I applaud you for your constant defence of Thailand and Thais and I assure you I find the constant whinging on here sickening. But, you can do more damage than good depending on the way you counteract it. Rather than stooping to their level (which is basically what you are doing from what I have seen) point out their personal stupidity rather than try and tar all farang with the same brush.

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

@Yinn I applaud you for your constant defence of Thailand and Thais and I assure you I find the constant whinging on here sickening. But, you can do more damage than good depending on the way you counteract it.

Yes, I think about that already.

But against rule to attack the member. I did this before and have trouble with the wonderful moderator. 

I not “constant defense” thailand, i criticize some thing. But thred like this to stupid, just to attack thai people/woman. The reason.

I happy to read most member do not agree with it.

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

Rather than stooping to their level (which is basically what you are doing from what I have seen) point out their personal stupidity rather than try and tar all farang with the same brush.

Ok, I will try. 

I do say many time before 90% of farang is good, like 90% Indian, Russian, Chinese, Muslim etc.

I don’t care where come from, just care the person. In Ranong we have Muslim, Burma, Thai, Issan no problem. I like everyone if good person and polite. 

Sorry sound like I tar all farang with the same brush.

you are correct, I was wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Elizway said:

Anyone else notice this? 

Yep, can relate to all that you say and have observed similar over a long period of time. Thai women have their pluses but I seriously question whether they make good partners for Western men who are looking for a genuinely fulfilling relationship based on mutual respect.

For Thai men, Thai women are fine and all is well in Thai : Thai relationships. I, however, believe that the cultural differences between Thais and Westerners and the respective cultures, especially on matters of love, relationships, family life etc are very, very different. And that is why I think Thai women : Western men relationships fail more often than not.

Most Western men I know who have a Thai wife are in what an unbiased outsider could reasonably describe as a dysfunctional relationship. Not all are in such relationships, but most I see are. I know I'll get flamed for saying this but it's what I have long observed.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mstevens said:

Most Western men I know who have a Thai wife are in what an unbiased outsider could reasonably describe as a dysfunctional relationship. Not all are in such relationships, but most I see are. I know I'll get flamed for saying this but it's what I have long observed.

Could it be that the falangs who marry Thai women are misfits themselves, usually arriving in Thailand after failed relationships in their own countries, hence the reason for Thai/falang failure rates? Of course I'm only generalising, as are you.

Edited by giddyup

6 hours ago, mstevens said:

Most western men I know are in dysfunctional relationships (no need to mention Thai wife).

It's what marriage does to couples after about 4 years.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Yinn said:

You don’t meet Thai men also? 

Why would farang expat men want to meet Thai men unless they were of that persuasion?

In MY experience, the girls do not possess an empathy/ sympathy or a romantic gene. I didn't have much to do with the men and never took one to dinner on the beach.

I could take a GF to a lovely beach and take her to dinner on the sand with the waves gently lapping the shore and a full moon reflecting on the sea, and she only expressed interest in the food ( they didn't care about flowers either ). 

The end of my relationship with my wife began when I had an accident and she had to drive me to hospital every day. I was obviously just an inconvenience for her, not her husband and love of her life. No empathy/ sympathy at all. Different when she was in hospital, of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The end of my relationship with my wife began when I had an accident and she had to drive me to hospital every day. I was obviously just an inconvenience for her, not her husband and love of her life. No empathy/ sympathy at all. Different when she was in hospital, of course.

Ask not what your wife can do for you, ask what you can do for your wife. (JFK)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1