British Prime Minister Johnson promises a bold new Brexit deal

webfact

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Don't worry we'll soon have parity with the dollar and it will make holidays to US easy for those that can afford one. This is the Brexiteers pain - a door through which we must all pass before we get to the mountaintop of sovereignty / freedom. A place where the rich establishment with a cheery wave to the British working man shower him with cash and benefits in a unique reversal of capitalism. 

Image result for zimbabwean dollar

Well, at least the outlook isn't too* bleak.  We shall simply have to engage our stiff upper lips as we feast on badger, just like the old days.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Maybe we'll get some of the Empire back from those grinning piccaninnies (BJ's word not mine) and when we properly run their broken down countries once again we can nick some of their resources if the Chinaman hasn't got them first for ourselves. Just like the good old days.....doesn't matter about the piffling details just be positive - that should do it. Doodle  pip - behold your rulers and bow down before your betters. The new champions of the English working class. 

Image result for bullingdon club

So this long gone history you referring to

http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/famous-elizabethan-pirates.htm

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I get it you want a British passport. No shame in that as millions seem to want one too. in fact it is the most sought after passport in the world.

Leaving the EU will be like the abolition of slavery to me. Regrets, I have only two. One we should have never joined and two, we should have left much earlier.

I am curious about where you read that British passport "is the most sought after passport in the world". Do you mean for travel, or for the privilege of being a UK citizen?

I googled, and this is the list of "most powerful passports" in 2019, for ease of travel:

1 Japan (free access to 190 countries and jurisdictions)
2 Singapore & South Korea (189)
3 France & Germany (188)
4 Denmark, Finland, Sweden & Italy (187)
5 Luxembourg & Spain (186)
6 Austria, Portugal, Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland, UK & USA (185)

I can well imagine that some of the destinations allowed are probably marginally interesting, so let's say they basically are all up there together, but I don't see an obvious advantage in the UK passport. In fact, when I read about the joys of dealing with the UK Embassy in Bangkok on this forum, I am quite happy with mine.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I am curious about where you read that British passport "is the most sought after passport in the world". Do you mean for travel, or for the privilege of being a UK citizen?

I googled, and this is the list of "most powerful passports" in 2019, for ease of travel:

3 France & Germany (188)

I can well imagine that some of the destinations allowed are probably marginally interesting, so let's say they basically are all up there together, but I don't see an obvious advantage in the UK passport. In fact, when I read about the joys of dealing with the UK Embassy in Bangkok on this forum, I am quite happy with mine.

It was a 100 years ago maybe which is where Great Britain is looking to go back to with BJ and Brexit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fishtank said:

Boris the lying wife beater and his extreme right wing cabinet.

Really gives us confidence for the future.

With Boris the future is grim on all fronts, not more so than climate control policies. Look who he has just appointed,

Theresa Villiers.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

With Boris the future is grim on all fronts, not more so than climate control policies. Look who he has just appointed,

Theresa Villiers.jpg

No wonder trump claims BJ is "Britain trump", along with appointing Ministers who lean to 'right of centre'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

3 France & Germany (188)

I hope "laughing gravy" does not get a stroke to see 25 country' go ahead on U.K. ranking (not that i find that so important ….he does , seems ...lol) whereby many E.U. country's like mine …. lol

https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php   (2019) 

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Well yes because of this that you mentioned plus look how many foreigners are still looking to come to the UK for citizenship. Isn't that evidence enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I hope "laughing gravy" does not get a stroke to see 25 country' go ahead on U.K. ranking (not that i find that so important ….he does , seems ...lol) whereby many E.U. country's like mine …. lol

https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php   (2019) 

A stroke, I am fit as a fiddle. I am still waiting to see your EU passport that doesn't exist. It was you that mentioned this, so I suggest that you do find it important, as why mention it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

A stroke, I am fit as a fiddle. I am still waiting to see your EU passport that doesn't exist. It was you that mentioned this, so I suggest that you do find it important, as why mention it.

Glad to hear you are ok sir , I was worried , such a shock to see so many are of higher ranking than U.k (lol) even the frog's..... 

And as said before you are right E.U. passport is not really existing but it carry the naming upper side in 4 languages , to make it easy for the only 1 language U.K. ones : EUROPEAN UNION and under that in second Alline the country …..you could ask Farage and many others to see how it looks , many from the brexiteers played safe and became E.U. passport holders by double nationality (lol)

Even your U.K. passport carry in first line up "European Union "....

Edited by david555

18 minutes ago, david555 said:

Glad to hear you are ok sir , I was worried , such a shock to see so many are of higher ranking than U.k (lol) even the frog's..... 

And as said before you are right E.U. passport is not really existing but it carry the naming upper side in 4 languages , to make it easy for the only 1 language U.K. ones : EUROPEAN UNION and under that in second Alline the country …..you could ask Farage and many others to see how it looks , many from the brexiteers played safe and became E.U. passport holders by double nationality (lol)

Even your U.K. passport carry in first line up "European Union "....

Well there is a first you admitting you were talking rubbish. Some progress.

As to others who have dual nationality, that is fine. Its their choice. I won't be following

I do not sprout hate an jealousy for an EU country like you do with the UK. It is the EU entity that I dislike not any country in Europe or those who have sold their souls, to the EU.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well there is a first you admitting you were talking rubbish. Some progress.

As to others who have dual nationality, that is fine. Its their choice. I won't be following

I do not sprout hate an jealousy for an EU country like you do with the UK. It is the EU entity that I dislike not any country in Europe or those who have sold their souls, to the EU.

"sprout hate an jealousy" is more coming from your side it looks …. as I only defend the position from E.U. side and truly i feel pity for the so called 48 % , and especially for  the Scotts who choose in majority to stay in European union 

The whole situation came from the red lines , once red lines where on table the blockage appeared .

Remember Junckers main reply  : it is not the E.U. is leaving U.K. but  the U.K. leaving the European Union ….

(meaning we can not stop you leaving , but you can not change our Union …)

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

"sprout hate an jealousy" is more coming from your side it looks …. as I only defend the position from E.U. side and truly i feel pity for the so called 48 % , and especially for  the Scotts who choose in majority to stay in European union 

The whole situation came from the red lines , once red lines where on table the blockage appeared .

Remember Junckers main reply  : it is not the E.U. is leaving U.K. but  the U.K. leaving the European Union ….

(meaning we can not stop you , but you can not change our Union …)

You go ahead and defend the EU as I have mentioned many times you are getting shafted by Germany but seem to like it. I will wait for the next time you sprout hate and jealousy about the UK, as from your previous posts you can't help yourself. So pointless discussing this, until next time.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

You go ahead and defend the EU as I have mentioned many times you are getting shafted by Germany but seem to like it. I will wait for the next time you sprout hate and jealousy about the UK, as from your previous posts you can't help yourself. So pointless discussing this, until next time.

:coffee1:  ????

21 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

those who have sold their souls,

I suppose one can tell that my home country sold its soul to the E.U..

The big change which occurred to me is that now the currency I use when in Belgium is that it isn't anymore the Belgian Franc, but the Euro. 

Belgium is still issuing different rules and laws than other countries in Europe in order to accommodate the Belgians, the E.U. hasn't any interference in this matter. 

For me personally it is a not  negligible one 25% more pension as I am married, my widow will receive 85% of my pension till the rest of her life. 

I still hear the Belgian anthem playing on evenements. 

Sometimes they also play next to the Brabanconne(Belgian anthem), another melody, one from Beethoven. 

Not really a problem, most of us don't even know what it represents, as it is of no really importance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Whats its main business.

No idea, our chocolate and beer is well known. 

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You sing the national anthem you can get arrested

Than there is something rotten in your state, but I assume you can not blame the E.U. for this. 

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

we tried the cub for 44 years and (still not left) and we voted leave

That's fair enough, as Charles de Gaulle told it many years ago : the U.K. doesn't fit in the European Union.

You are an Important country, always have been.

You are not the kind to adapt to others, more the one which should told the others how to do. 

There was a time it worked well.

Now there is Germany and even France which have identical ambitions. 

We Belgians are more adept of the following :

The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on. 

45 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe Belgium is lucky then, other countries are not. I am not trying to belittle Belgium at all but what does it export. Whats its main business.

You say you can sing your national anthem, that is great. Sadly in the UK you fly a union Jack and you are racist and told to take it down, as a hate crime. You sing the national anthem you can get arrested. Maybe this will be coming to Belgium soon but for Belgium's sake, I hope not.

The whole EU and the UK people should take note, that as a country we tried the cub for 44 years and (still not left) and we voted leave. That should be the end of it.

I see Union Jacks all over the place, and that's in Scotland, I have never heard of anyone being told it was racist, maybe other posters can confirm your assertions, it sounds extremely odd to me. My (Rather nutty it is true) neighbour has one over his front door, everyone tolerates him, it's a friendly village.

Kindly advise under which law you could be arrested for singing the national anthem. 

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You should read more. In fact it is easily found in internet searches. same with the English flag. It takes a minute. People have been told to take them down by the police as it could incite hate.

The same with singing the national anthem, the police can and have said it can incite hatred. Go and sing it outside your local mosque and see what happens.

You do seem to live in a lucky village, for now. Good luck to you, that it stays that way.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/772512/union-jack-flag-banned-britain-patriotic-veteran-andrew-smith

https://kippercentral.com/2018/04/21/khans-london-union-jack-banned-and-branded-offensive/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/45503/Police-told-man-to-hide-racist-St-George-flag

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/id-arrested-take-down-england-1672407

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-bar-owner-benidorm-told-13886071

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/pub-english-flags-highway-code-11505807

Horror of horror - non compliance to council regs is the primary complaint, with police being anal with road safety. From my understanding real police intervention is applied during concern for incitement for violence during street demos by the right of centre. You know the self declared 'patriots' so loved by some members of this forum.

• Like 2