British Prime Minister Johnson promises a bold new Brexit deal

webfact

Seems like Britain's answer to Donald Trump thinks that British voters are as gullible, ignorant and uninformed as their counterparts in the USA. There will be no new deals made with the EU. The EU have repeatedly said this.
Boris is going to find out that British voters, from both sides, are far more informed than he had hoped.

Ah the remainer who wants to block the decision ! Fight them to hell

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Seems like Britain's answer to Donald Trump thinks that British voters are as gullible, ignorant and uninformed as their counterparts in the USA. There will be no new deals made with the EU. The EU have repeatedly said this.

Boris is going to find out that British voters, from both sides, are far more informed than he had hoped.

But of course with the crew of sycophants he has installed in number 10 he won't realise the truth until it is too late.  Unfortunately I don't think Boris is honourable enough to resign or call  a GE should no revised agreement be reached with the EU before 31st October as he has promised.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Boris knows the EU won't renegotiate anything meaningful. They might add some fluff around the future relationship but they won't make significant changes to the WA and he knows that.

He just wants to be seen to be trying. This has 2 benefits. It further exposes the EU as the bullying, intransigent organization that it is. It also allows him to go for No Deal while claiming that it was the EU's fault that an agreement could not be reached (which in my opinion is true since they will not negotiate anything in good faith and only seek to punish the UK for leaving).

Given the choice of May's pathetic surrender treaty or No Deal, Boris wants No Deal. But he'll say he wants to negotiate in good faith and give the EU the perfect opportunity to continue to show the world their arrogant, inflexible approach. Smart move IMO.

Is there time to actually negotatiate a new deal. The EU negotiating team would require a new mandate.

With the coming shutdowns there is insufficient time.

Edited by cleopatra2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Is there time to actually negotatiate a new deal. The EU negotiating team would require a new mandate.

With the coming shutdowns there is insufficient time.

For the E.U. side the U.K. is automaticly out if no extension is asked by them , so Boris is selling empty air , he has nothing to do to get out by default position ....

On U.K. side i am not familliar with the possibillity's .... , but i see noway how it can be done to force him to ask for extension ...

So that "great statesman" (?...lol ) get it automaticly & selling it as a great achievement 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If there is the will then there is enough time. Unfortunately there is no will from the EU side.

If I was Johnson I'd tell them to stick a decimal point between the 3 and the 9 of the financial settlement and drop the backstop. We'll throw in a lifetime supply of Scotch Whisky for Juncker as a sweetener, that's gotta be worth another Billion quid. Give them 24 hours to let me know their answer. 

I think Johnson is looking to remove the backstop only.

Since the public has little knowledge of what is actually in the WA except for the backstop. Boris will put this as a new deal.

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

For the E.U. side the U.K. is automaticly out if no extension is asked by them , so Boris is selling empty air , he has nothing to do to get out by default position ....

On U.K. side i am not familliar with the possibillity's .... , but i see noway how it can be done to force him to ask for extension ...

So that "great statesman" (?...lol ) get it automaticly & selling it as a great achievement 

Indeed. The EU could take that view. You're out by end of October UK. Especially if no extension is requested. But then they wouldn't get their payment May promised; have all sorts of problems with businesses who export to UK and have the Irish government ripping their hair out in frustration.

The UK would be murky. If parliament refused to pass the legislation repealing and replacing EU laws into UK law the country would be in some sort of limbo.

In such a scenario it's unlikely all other WTO member countries would agree to the UK becoming a member, membership is currently via the EU membership, and would not agree to UK schedules.

The loony Farage supporting Brexiteers, would of course, shout with glee that the UK is out and got it's "sovereignty" back. But like Boris, most of them haven't got a glue about the detail or what they're talking about. The devil is always in the detail. And this detail in large and complex in particular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. The EU could take that view. You're out by end of October UK. Especially if no extension is requested. But then they wouldn't get their payment May promised; have all sorts of problems with businesses who export to UK and have the Irish government ripping their hair out in frustration.

The UK would be murky. If parliament refused to pass the legislation repealing and replacing EU laws into UK law the country would be in some sort of limbo.

In such a scenario it's unlikely all other WTO member countries would agree to the UK becoming a member, membership is currently via the EU membership, and would not agree to UK schedules.

The loony Farage supporting Brexiteers, would of course, shout with glee that the UK is out and got it's "sovereignty" back. But like Boris, most of them haven't got a glue about the detail or what they're talking about. The devil is always in the detail. And this detail in large and complex in particular.

The EU could take that view.

It is not just take that view …. it is default option , E.U. can not by themselves extend ..! I don't see which white rabbit we E.U. could /would get out of Hat or sleeve , ECJ only granted U.K. the option to extend asking or wit draw A50

The 39billion incident / consequences  is for further down the road after ...

Edited by david555

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Would not the immediate effect be the UK is not a member and the treaties at international level cease.

However domestically the UK would have to follow the treaties untill section 1 of the EU withdrawal act is brought into force repealing ghe 1972 communities act

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Just hours after arriving in Downing Street, the new Conservative Prime Minister began work with one of the biggest culls of senior government jobs in recent British history, changing all of the main ministers. Most of his appointees were Brexit supporters.

This government will be the most farcical on record.

Proven fact Brexiteers have a lower IQ... :whistling:

The Times, The Independent, The Mirror, The London School of Economics are not Mickey Mouse nether heard of websites set up to propagate false information.

'The EU' has of course no existence independent of its members, one of the 3 most important of which has been for some 40 years the UK.

It's fascinating for an outsider to see the depth of venom, hatred & contempt that so many English persons seem to have for a club of which they themselves have been for so long such prominent members. Self-disgust is an interesting phenomenon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Would not the immediate effect be the UK is not a member and the treaties at international level cease.

However domestically the UK would have to follow the treaties untill section 1 of the EU withdrawal act is brought into force repealing ghe 1972 communities act

That looks then as a U.K. only problem for them to solve.....Out is out …..remember.. (Lol) ...

(for the E.U. at least from that moment )

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Johnson, who has been hailed by U.S. President Donald Trump as Britain's Trump,

I don't think it's a good thing... better compared to Prayut both not elected by the people but by their sympathizers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

I think Johnson is looking to remove the backstop only.

Since the public has little knowledge of what is actually in the WA except for the backstop. Boris will put this as a new deal.

I seem to remember that it was the UK that requested the backstop.

Not EU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Basil B said:

This government will be the most farcical on record.

Proven fact Brexiteers have a lower IQ... :whistling:

The Times, The Independent, The Mirror, The London School of Economics are not Mickey Mouse nether heard of websites set up to propagate false information.

I think it is somewhat unfair of you to suggest Brexiteers have lower IQs and then post 4 links to illustrate that point.   Simply put , how do you think, given IQs purported lower, they could possibly even understand what you have posted and linked ? Perhaps for them to simply understand  your point could you have posted some pictorial explanation or possibly better illustrated it to them in a cartoon ? ????

• Haha 2

Just now, fishtank said:

I seem to remember that it was the UK that requested the backstop.

Not EU.

Ouch !! and they just liked to forget that now .....why hurting our U.K. friends now ? ….lol

• Like 1