British Prime Minister Johnson promises a bold new Brexit deal

webfact

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t recall ever making a remark on the IQ or educational attainment of Brexiteers, it’s an irrelevance in a plebiscite.

I do however question why anyone would swallow the ‘promises’ of an habitual liar, much less pain their hopes on him.

Has some-one said you have made an accusation about the IQ levels of Brexiteers, you don't stoop so low as some posters making such accusations, they have probably very little to contribute and so start to bait, if that what floats their boat good luck to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

No, we've always hated the French and Germans, that's why we keep having wars with them.

I think you’ll find most, if not all, the UK’s wars with France and Germany are rooted in the interests of a very small, very wealthy and influential minority.

Nothing to do with ‘hate’, though such emotions play well to the masses who do the suffering.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Has some-one said you have made an accusation about the IQ levels of Brexiteers, you don't stoop so low as some posters making such accusations, they have probably very little to contribute and so start to bait, if that what floats their boat good luck to them.

I wish it to be very clear that I have no need of such trivial and divisive ‘arguments’.

And if they are not part of my views, they cannot be generalized as the views of all Remainers.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The rest of us realise at a very young age that they are not to be trusted - especially if we are very intelligent, whilst falling slightly short of the genius level (150).

Genius IQ is 140 and over, and there's a special additional test to take to find your IQ if you reach that level, normal IQ test has a top score of 140, I know because I'm there. I never bothered with the additional test.

I never voted for Brexit, I rarely vote for anything, most genius don't participate in stuff as foolish as voting.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes ,shame that those in  Brussels are so stupid . still they dont care ,lots of dosh even when they retire .

What agreement then will pass the British House of Commons ?

Remind; it is the UK, who wants to leave the club, NOT the EU who begs the UK if they want to step out.

For me: 1 nov 2019: Schengen visa for every Brit who want to cross La Manche at Calais (oh sorry, you Brits only know English: the Channel of Dover)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes ,shame that those in  Brussels are so stupid . still they dont care ,lots of dosh even when they retire .

Nope, not what I meant at all.

A deal was negotiated and is all the british govt is going to get. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Pound's gone up ........ They must like Boris.

Different as Brexiteers, foreign exchange traders know how to calculate in forecasts, like the change if Boris the Liar gets the position of PM of the soon Single Kingdom. So, for the value of the Pound, do NOT look to what was already a 99 % chance a few days ago, but from the moment the referendum was a thread = 2015. From 1 pound = € 1,43 towards € 1,12. A marvellous job to make the UK copmpetative again after Brexit. Just lower the UK costs with a 30 %. Oh... pity for your international purchasing power. e.g. all you buy from the EU, where you get 56% of your imports from or.. how for your most the holiday budget will look like.

image.png.b03be1c76ddc6b71b333e6a44c552c02.png

Edited by puipuitom
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

If there is the will then there is enough time. Unfortunately there is no will from the EU side.

If I was Johnson I'd tell them to stick a decimal point between the 3 and the 9 of the financial settlement and drop the backstop. We'll throw in a lifetime supply of Scotch Whisky for Juncker as a sweetener, that's gotta be worth another Billion quid. Give them 24 hours to let me know their answer. 

Do not tell it to Nigel Farange. The EU might come on the idea to spop any of the agreed spendings towards UK and British, klie Nige;

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

They certainly know that no deal is the default position for 31 October whether Parliament/EU like it or not.

And how to get it as law in the UK ? Same as Olivier Cromwell: send the Parliament home ? 

Boris knows the EU won't renegotiate anything meaningful. They might add some fluff around the future relationship but they won't make significant changes to the WA and he knows that.

He just wants to be seen to be trying. This has 2 benefits. It further exposes the EU as the bullying, intransigent organization that it is. It also allows him to go for No Deal while claiming that it was the EU's fault that an agreement could not be reached (which in my opinion is true since they will not negotiate anything in good faith and only seek to punish the UK for leaving).

Given the choice of May's pathetic surrender treaty or No Deal, Boris wants No Deal. But he'll say he wants to negotiate in good faith and give the EU the perfect opportunity to continue to show the world their arrogant, inflexible approach. Smart move IMO.

So, when a Alliance of 27 nations with 450 million inhabitants do not bow for ONE with just a 67 million, who insists to leave, that is EU arrogance ?  So, tell then, what is GET through parliament, as till now we EU only know what you do NOT want.

• Thanks 1

If there is the will then there is enough time. Unfortunately there is no will from the EU side.

If I was Johnson I'd tell them to stick a decimal point between the 3 and the 9 of the financial settlement and drop the backstop. We'll throw in a lifetime supply of Scotch Whisky for Juncker as a sweetener, that's gotta be worth another Billion quid. Give them 24 hours to let me know their answer. 

Stop all - agreed in the current budget- payments to the UK and all British, to start with the pensions of all Brits in the EU parliament per 1 Nov. Nigel will be shocked...

6 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

So, when a Alliance of 27 nations with 450 million inhabitants do not bow for ONE with just a 67 million, who insists to leave, that is EU arrogance ?  So, tell then, what is GET through parliament, as till now we EU only know what you do NOT want.

They know very well what they want …. all the beneficiary's of the club … but not be in it and surely not paying membership and no ruling on them ......

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

I think Johnson is looking to remove the backstop only.

Since the public has little knowledge of what is actually in the WA except for the backstop. Boris will put this as a new deal.

The EU will not betray the Irish as the British do, 20 years after the Good Friday agreement.

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Stop all - agreed in the current budget- payments to the UK and all British, to start with the pensions of all Brits in the EU parliament per 1 Nov. Nigel will be shocked...

That's probably one of the first things from many , go happen if the 39 billions cancelled …..

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

I seem to remember that it was the UK that requested the backstop.

Not EU.

Brexiteers only read and know, what fits in their ideas.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Surely those who believe the lies and propaganda put out by the government/elite have a  far low IQ as they are prepared to believe everything they are told by said government/elite?!

Oh no, not the £350m bus again...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

elected by members of a very diversified parliament belonging to different political background/parties, Boris assigned by ONLY (and not all) the Tories members

Sorry, NOT elected by the EU Parliament, but appointed - just like the secretary of the UN - by the heads of state of the members. The EU Parliamant has only a veto right. That they TRIED this time the candidates would be limited to ONLY the spitzenkandidat of the three main parties… that failed.

3 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Is the CEO of the Bank of England, Scotland etc elected by the people ? Is any member of the House of Lords elected by the people ? The UK representative in the WTO, the world bank, FIFA, ambasador to ? are elected by the people ? ? The secretary-general of the UN, elected at whatever barony ( sorry: constituency 

Deflect and engage in as much whataboutry as much as you like, we are discussing how Boris and how Ursula von der Leyen are voted in and from where I'm standing the UK is far more democratic than the EU, but of course this will never be accepted by people when cut up have the letters EU running through them like a stick of Blackpool Rock.

11 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Read the EU internal organisation:

- the EU council exists of the heads of state of the EU member states, and THEY elect a president ( the Belgian Michel for the moment)

- The EU commission, a kind of board of ministers ( councellers), one for every EU member state. The head's of states of the EU member states elect a president ( Ursula) for whith the EU Parliament have a veto right.

- The EU parliament in which elected persons from all member states are in. They elect a president. 

So help me out here, this year there was a choice of 3 candidates.

1. Ursula von der Leyen

2. Ursula von der Leyen

3. Ursula von der Leyen

These candidates were chosen seruptiously behind closed doors.

So now to the nitty gritty, how many MEPs voted for these choices, 380ish.

16 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The EU = a Union of nations, NOT a country. How come, you brexiteers are so against the EU, but do not have the faintest idea how it works ? 

"A Union of nations" with their own currency, there own anthem and there own flag. ????????????

If you havn't realised why "you brexiteers" are are so against your undemocratic EU, can I suggest you havn't been following these threads very closely. But may I throw that question back at you, why are you EUmainers so against the British?

Great rant-o-thon by the way.