Is it worth it going all the way to Laksi to get documents translated and certified?

I need to get official (certified by Ministry of foreign affairs) translations of a few documents (marriage cert, birth cert, house book, etc), but time is valuable to me and I would like to know if all this can be done in one day - and how early would I have to get there?

I could use a service from Pattaya but last time they messed up a name translation and I don't want that to happen again. I'd rather be there to make sure they don't screw up this time as my embassy will be very unforgiving even with the smallest mistake.

What's the easiest safe way for me to get it done?

The Consular Affairs Department of the MFA does not do the translations. They only certify the translation. 

Info is here on there website (click to enlarge the flow chart). http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/71860-ขั้นตอนการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร---Legalization-Proc.html

There are translation services within the Consular Affairs building that will do the translation.

I don't think it can be all done in one day but they will send them back to you by EMS.

If you use a translation service in Pattaya the Department of Consular Affairs would bounce back a bad translation. You should be able to find one that can handle the translation and certification for you.

• Like 1

[mention=130451]FarangFB[/mention] FYI…. On the 2nd floor of the MFA Consular Affairs building there is a small translation shop directly in front of you at the top of the escalator.  The people who do the translations for the shop are MFA Legalisation Department employees who do the translations in their ‘free time’.

MFA-Translation-Shop.jpg.c672e7599dd8faa70f5a9d0804c54cec.jpg

Because they do translations which specifically need legalising, they have a library of document templates, so the documents that you mention will present them with no problems and they should be able to do them fairly quickly.

How long will it take?  That will depend upon their existing workload and the availability of a translator.

Their prices are similar to what you will be charge elsewhere, about 300 to 400THB per sheet of A4 depending upon complexity of the document.

They can arrange (at an extra cost) to have the documents legalised.  I’m not sure if they bypass the normal same day procedure, but I suspect that as they are MFA employees they are able to facilitate a quick certification if requested.   The bonus with their service is that in the unlikely event that there is a problem during the legalisation process, they will get it sorted immediately.

You can collect your documents from the shop once they have been legalised, or they can arrange to have them sent to you by EMS.

Hope this helps.

Have read 2500 b for full service including translation and MFA stamp. They sell you the full service because they will fix any mistakes with the department. Leave there one day and come back the next to collect.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app