Expat group launches online petition calling for TM.30 to be scrapped

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Why put up with this Thai bullshit? Leave, many nice countries in the region with currencies worth something.

whats the draw with Thailand anyways?

Interesting nic you have so assume you know exactly what the draw is ????

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

The wordsmithing of that letter is terrible and that is being generous.  I'm not sure I would want to sign something like that although I certainly agree with the sentiment.  Not that it much matters as I am booked to leave Thailand in mid September after some 14 years here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, balo said:

When Prayut receive the petition, he will immediately take action, by arresting everyone who signed it to protect the image of Thailand. 

Of course, you are sure about that. But some people do know generals in Thailand and some high rank people. Contesting in Court was not the best option. I know some high people and we will see. Celebrities refused to be part of that project. We tried.

1 minute ago, bluebluewater said:

The wordsmithing of that letter is terrible and that is being generous.  I'm not sure I would want to sign something like that although I certainly agree with the sentiment.  Not that it much matters as I am booked to leave Thailand in mid September after some 14 years here.

Read again, it was changed 5 minutes ago. Refresh your browser.

54 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

everybody?

You're wrong

Imho the only people who were not allowed to stay temporary under section 34 when they arrived, but then later allowed to stay temporary and thus falling under section 37 are stateless people and people who were granted asylum in Thailand, after they illegally crossed a Thai border. I thought it's unlikely to have a member with such a status here on Thaivisa, so i said "probably everybody here". You know any other case?

Edited by jackdd
  • Confused 1

what i think about thai emigration, thai laws, this government and military is written clearly on my face and way I behave in presence of any thai government official. I try to make it hard for them.

this petition hasn't got anything to do with anybodies birthday.

don't care about humiliating extensions, just do border runs every 3 months for shopping and come back with a few hundred baht savings. Save time and nerves.

And no need to improve their circus. They exactly know what they are doing, they are doing it on purpose. Instead falling into their trap try to outsmart them. You are a lawyer so you should know well how to do it

Edited by londonthai
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely if the letter has been amended, you have to collect the signatures of those who signed prior to the amendments again, or show their individual initials against each amendment?

As an online petition, timings are traceable for signatures, as are IP addresses.

Or does it work differently in Thailand?

• Like 1

Just now, Traubert said:

Surely if the letter has been amended, you have to collect the signatures of those who signed prior to the amendments again, or show their individual initials against each amendment?

As an online petition, timings are traceable for signatures, as are IP addresses.

Or does it work differently in Thailand?

We would delete anyone who writes to us if they want. There is an encryption system and numbers are real. I do know website a little, but I work with some programmers for that one.

We modified the text to make it better, not to change the main content.

Sorry for inconveniences if any.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Isaanlawyers said:

We would delete anyone who writes to us if they want. There is an encryption system and numbers are real. I do know website a little, but I work with some programmers for that one.

We modified the text to make it better, not to change the main content.

Sorry for inconveniences if any.

why is it written SPONSOR ? how much did you pay to have the right to speak on this forum ?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Emergency treatment.

Suppose one needs treatment in another province, should the ambulance drive to immigration to report?

Mother in Law visit (Lao)

Nephews and nieces

What a mess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isaanlawyers said:

Yes, and I am sure you know the Thai Supreme Court decisions about defamation. Like for Taksin, and his defense, article XIV and others. We can disagree without calling each other's moron.

LLB from Canada? Not even a real lawyer. It's not a disagreement. You don't know the most basic facts.  

• Like 1