Expat group launches online petition calling for TM.30 to be scrapped

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, lkv said:

Greenland has issues handling too many requests? ????

Datacenter: Key-Systems GmbHServer IP: 185.247.61.32

City: Nuuk

Nameservers: ns11.globehosting.net, ns12.globehosting.net

image.png.b2023528118fb84a004aae03b0df71cc.png

End of the tracertoute :

image.png.68577000d0a74ea6c9277590a316bab9.png

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

No it can't. The Thai government bowing to pressure from foreigners? It would cause loss of face and set a dangerous precedent. If anything, it will make them enforce the law more strictly.

not to mention that your signing a petition that is Against something the thai officials came up with>
nothing good can come of that
wont see my name there>

Divided, you can only complain about their new rules.

But create a group and you can ask for changes that could be taken seriously.

It's what China does and they get results. 

If they don't compromise, then get another SEA government on the phone and make an agreement with them to respect your group and in exchange you'll all move there with your money, all of the ingenuity and work ethics that European men bring to the table.

You're more valuable than Thailand allows you to be.

18 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

I've been dealing with Thai bureaucrats for 30 years. They will not respond to pressure from foreigners, particularly foreigners living in Thailand.  More likely the strict enforcement will fade away on its own after a year or two.  Remember when you told the head of your favorite taxi company in Pattaya "who you were" and he had zero response? That will be Thai Immigration's response to this petition.

There was some small measure of success from the fb page about illegal searching in Tong Lor some years ago, but the situation has since returned to normal.  They also seem to be mobilising again a little.

3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

not to mention that your signing a petition that is Against something the thai officials came up with>
nothing good can come of that
wont see my name there>

Yeah, to be placed on a blacklist is a misfortune. To sign up for one is just carelessness.

I am not going to sign it 

The reason - it is too selective and specific and doesn't go far enough, there are many rules/issues introduced by Immigration recently that make absolutely no sense at all.

If you are going to go to the trouble of making proposals to Immigration for possible changes then it should encompass a lot more than just this one issue

Of these issues many are forcing western expats to rethink their retirement options and Thailand is rapidly dropping down the list

I have no issues with sensible changes if Immigration want to introduce them but so far none of these new rules make any sense at all 

IMO they need to consider the effect they are having on the people that have complied with the rules rigorously for years and have now been thrown into an environment of expensive money transfer charges that do not always comply with their strict inflexible approach, they also need to consider the strength of the Thai baht and the pressure that is exerting on some that might now have difficulty reaching financial requirements after years of compliance  

I don't have a problem making suggestion to Thai immigration - I don't think they would take a negative view at all, there may be issues brought to their attention they didn't consider, nobody is saying they are wrong, we are just making suggestions they maybe didn't consider 

not surprised Thailand are strict on immigration

they can see what's happened to Londonistan etc. so just trying to protect their country

how many people signing that petition have been directly affected by it? very small percentage I expect...

32 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

I've been dealing with Thai bureaucrats for 30 years. They will not respond to pressure from foreigners, particularly foreigners living in Thailand.  More likely the strict enforcement will fade away on its own after a year or two.  Remember when you told the head of your favorite taxi company in Pattaya "who you were" and he had zero response? That will be Thai Immigration's response to this petition.

In other words you do not have a clue at all, but you think you know what the outcome would be.

So i suppose best is not to do anything, just stick to bitching and moaning on anonymous forum?

In case of my taxi, he never met me and did not know who or what owner was.

And yes, there was no response on the day of driving me, 3 days later when i instructed staff to stop using this company, he did call and did offer apology, not to me directly but via my staff and did offer to drive me free of charge.

And yes, Immigration may not offer direct response, they may even respond with some negativity or justifications for their actions, but it does not mean it will not be noted and does not mean they may think twice before making any more changes.

You might even be surprised if some embassy's come on board or international media

I signed it BUT the opening sentence did not represent me, wish we could get over this "married to a Thai" thing, if they are married and working they should get PR.

".......representative group of foreign and Thai people living in Thailand with Thai spouses or partners and Thai children. We work here...."

Best of luck though as hopefully any press will benefit us all irrespective of personal situation. 

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I signed it BUT the opening sentence did not represent me, wish we could get over this "married to a Thai" thing, if they are married and working they should get PR.

".......representative group of foreign and Thai people living in Thailand with Thai spouses or partners and Thai children. We work here...."

Best of luck though as hopefully any press will benefit us all irrespective of personal situation. 

Getting PR is not as easy as it sounds even for the married and guys working for decades. Not to mention waiting time and non refundable payment of few hundred thousand.

1 hour ago, Myran said:

Nice move, will sign for sure. But they should've let someone proofread the letter beforehand. It's a bit of a mess.

It could do with being a lot shorter IMO & I'd like to have seen realistic references to the problems caused by the exchange rate & perhaps a suggestion to grant PR to married/retired/working foreigners after say 3 years of trouble-free living in the Kingdom.

Just my 2p 

I don't know why all the carry on about TM30,last time i did one was

2 years ago when i arrived back from Vietnam,i don't believe you have

to do a TM30 report if you are just travelling within Thailand.

There's no way they are going to scrap it,the big boss of Immigration,

just the other day told us that it had to be done,and it's easy(maybe 

he has not tried his own app,as people are saying it does not work !),

BUT there's no way he's going to back down after saying that,AND it's

a very good money earner, Chiang Mai alone must have taken in millions

issuing 1600 Thb fines.but good luck with the petition.

regards worgeordie

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"Hey Big Joke, how are you?"

"I hear Expats are signing a petition to ban TM-30"

"Who are Expats? TM-30? Is that new model BMW?"

1607980461_.jpg.397b32fbb073986fa4ce96dc6a3e4431.jpg

Its now ,Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang, Big Oud, the one in the front ,who's pulling the strings,

regards worgeordie

57 minutes ago, Travello01 said:

It's what China does and they get results. 

Very true, but it's Chinese nationals petitioning the Chinese Government, with the support of their village/township/city/provincial Councillors.

Hand the Chinese Government a list of foreign resident dissidents and it's party time. I do hope the same doesn't apply in Thailand. This should have been discussed at a higher level than Mins Bar.

Archived