Assuming EU will not budge, Britain ramps up preparations for no-deal Brexit

webfact

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The term soft Brexit or leave was made up by Reamainers after Leave won. There was no term soft on the ballot paper. You may not know not being British or voted in the referendum.

Being also not a Brit and so not knowing...,I wonder if the option "No deal" was that on the ballot paper then?…..(lol) 

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It was leave or remain, even the ill informed and ignorant know that. So leave, as many have pointed out means leave. In English not Dutch that means by any means possible. We don't need to put terms on the end as it is clear, as English mustard.

Good morning ,I was just answering one stupid remark with another stupid from me , hoping you would see yours …. 

Not apparently ….:smile:

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It was leave or remain, even the ill informed and ignorant know that. So leave, as many have pointed out means leave. In English not Dutch that means by any means possible. We don't need to put terms on the end as it is clear, as English mustard.

Who ever said leave means leave by any means possible? Was that written in the question at the referendum?

If someone asked you if you wanted to remain on or leave an island and you said yes to the latter, only to find the way you are going to leave is on a boat riddled with holes, you might change your mind about leaving.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

England, Scotland, Wales are counties.

The UK is a nation.

Though I have noticed Brexiteers frequently refer to England when discussing their hopes/fears for Brexit.

12 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes those who voted did ,if you cant be bothered to vote ,tough ,we voted leave , thats it the votes were counted and leave won ,when we have a general election ,do we have another if the losers dont like it ? and dont say "yes in 5 yrs time"

General Elections are advisory. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well if you don't have a list of what leave means then you take the exact term, literally. remember the leader of remain telling everyone, if people voted leave we would be leaving. David Cameron in case you forgot.

Your analogy is rubbish. How do you know there are holes. We haven't left yet. It is just the remainers and those trying their best, to frighten and keep the UK shackled to the EU. People won't die, we are leaving an entity, not relinquishing modern day living. Talk about doomsday talk. Please

Plenty of businesses giving plenty of warnings about the consequences, or are they all secret members of 'project fear'? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not affected by Brexit but Crazy Boris must scare the Euro mob and they may even be scared enough to renegotiate, I am hoping so. 

Prior to this they had no reason to because they had bluffed the UK parliament and May. 

Now they are not so sure as crazy Boris is likely to do anything, ha ha ha. 

The poll showing a gain in popularity for the conservatives should serve as a warning to Labor to start governing for the good of the country and keep the politics out of it.  If they indicated they would be interested in going along with Boris it could sway the Euro mob into coming to the party. 

Sadly it is affecting many of the expats in Thailand and that is regrettable, I hope the pain stops soon. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tebee said:

5 years ago the $ was worth about 32 baht now it's worth about 30 

5 years ago the £ was worth about 55 baht now it's worth about 37.5

I don't think those americans have anything like as much to worry about as the british 

I have no concerns... I am in for the long term.

A few Europeans are sweating.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

England, Scotland, Wales are counties.

The UK is a nation.

Though I have noticed Brexiteers frequently refer to England when discussing their hopes/fears for Brexit.

They are traitors to the Union I would have a few arrested and re-educated Thai style so they pay a real price (apart from their denuded baht) for their thick as mince folly. 

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I have no concerns... I am in for the long term.

A few Europeans are sweating.....

the brits must have sun sunstroke then,long term hahahhaha moggers says it could be 50 years,good luck,if i had grand children i would ask you to tell them how you got on,you wont see 50 again of €1.40 or $1.60  you folks get dafter by the day

13 hours ago, rosst said:

I am not affected by Brexit but Crazy Boris must scare the Euro mob and they may even be scared enough to renegotiate, I am hoping so. 

Prior to this they had no reason to because they had bluffed the UK parliament and May. 

Now they are not so sure as crazy Boris is likely to do anything, ha ha ha. 

The poll showing a gain in popularity for the conservatives should serve as a warning to Labor to start governing for the good of the country and keep the politics out of it.  If they indicated they would be interested in going along with Boris it could sway the Euro mob into coming to the party. 

Sadly it is affecting many of the expats in Thailand and that is regrettable, I hope the pain stops soon. 

mob ????  time for labour to start governing for the good of the country <deleted> have you been drinking? they are the opposition,and keep politics out of it hahahahaaha thats a good one,you sound like a cockney geezer who has just been to a footy match and had a skinful to drink and probably a scrap,get back in spoons

Plenty of businesses giving plenty of warnings about the consequences, or are they all secret members of 'project fear'? 

So how many of you right on PC lefty liberal Corbyn loving Remainers actually heed the voice of businessmen? Only when it suits your rabid remaining rhetoric it appears.
Big business is an obvious and founder member of Project Fear. If they can see consequences coming they had better make preparations for them. If, like Remainers, they think the sky will fall in and there’s nothing they can do, then they should not be in control of business.
  • Sad 1