Why it’s time to step away from Thailand

connda

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

EXPAT

Expat Investor Jim Rogers Loves Singapore And Doesn’t Miss the U.S.  Google.  Who you going to believe some itinerant poster on TV or Billionaire investor Jim Rogers?

Ask him why he is in Singapore and not Thailand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

Ask him why he is in Singapore and not Thailand.

You wrote, "As a matter of fact, some parts of Asia are so expensive, that there is an invasion of Asians into Europe, US, Canada, Australia."

I wrote, "Expat Investor Jim Rogers Loves Singapore And Doesn’t Miss the U.S.  Google.  Who you going to believe some itinerant poster on TV or Billionaire investor Jim Rogers?"  

There is no invasion of Asians into Europe.  

18 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You wrote, "As a matter of fact, some parts of Asia are so expensive, that there is an invasion of Asians into Europe, US, Canada, Australia."

I wrote, "Expat Investor Jim Rogers Loves Singapore And Doesn’t Miss the U.S.  Google.  Who you going to believe some itinerant poster on TV or Billionaire investor Jim Rogers?"  

There is no invasion of Asians into Europe.  

The reason multi billionaires move to Singapore is to save hundreds of millions of dollars of tax. Eduardo Saverin did exactly that when he also moved to Singapore.

In Singapore, taxation is low on locally derived income and zero for overseas income.

As of Asians getting second residences/citizenships, the market in Hong Kong is growing at the moment.

https://amp.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3019392/portugal-new-home-those-who-fear-hong-kongs-fate

In other words, they want to keep their options open in case China takes over, and they lose their liberties.

Thailand is currently moving in that direction.

Edited by lkv

10 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

You are not including the USA I assume?

That's right, USA is not on my list over civilised countries.

And the gun law is ridiculous. 

Edited by balo
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lkv said:

The reason multi billionaires move to Singapore is to save hundreds of millions of dollars of tax. Eduardo Saverin did exactly that when he also moved to Singapore.

In Singapore, taxation is low on locally derived income and zero for overseas income.

As of Asians getting second residences/citizenships, the market in Hong Kong is growing at the moment.

https://amp.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3019392/portugal-new-home-those-who-fear-hong-kongs-fate

In other words, they want to keep their options open in case China takes over, and they lose their liberties.

Thailand is currently moving in that direction.

You wrote, "As a matter of fact, some parts of Asia are so expensive, that there is an invasion of Asians into Europe, US, Canada, Australia."  Admit you are wrong, don't live here, and we will get on with life.  I'm going to see millionaire investor and fund manager Marc Faber who lives in Thailand.  

Much of what the OP is saying is essentially true. This is a xenophobic country where the political structure allows a two tier system designed to make a few rich at the expense of the masses and it has become institutionalized meaning there must always be distractions and scapegoats to keep things on course.  Now throw in the influx of Chinese capital and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where all this is going....

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You wrote, "As a matter of fact, some parts of Asia are so expensive, that there is an invasion of Asians into Europe, US, Canada, Australia."  Admit you are wrong, don't live here, and we will get on with life.  I'm going to see millionaire investor and fund manager Marc Faber who lives in Thailand.  

Asians are not moving to the usa to save money by living in the midwest.  They are moving because many are trying to protect their capital from their government with things as simple as currency fluctuation to things more serious such as illegal activities.  Do you think all the Chinese capital flowing worldwide is from legitimate sources.  Think again.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, madmen said:

Taking an Asian wife or GF back to OZ I could never do. The racism is insane and wouldnt be fair on the girl, The guys consider Asian woman as the last thing you pick up in a nightclub at 3am if you did not find better and refer to them all as slopes. The Woman are worse and don't want them in the social circle because they are all prostitutes and will steal their husbands

That's the harsh reality 

I have to disagree with this statement as my wife spent over 8 years in OZ with me. Maybe it was different to your idea because we lived and worked in more remote areas (country towns) not cities. She integrated really well and had many female friends. She did tell me about a couple of times she was the recipient of racist behaviour but most people were not an issue.

On 7/31/2019 at 4:13 PM, totally thaied up said:

I am filling out the forms for a 309 Visa now in Australia. The requirements are pretty straight forward and if you have been married long enough (and did a few trips back to OZ), it is not that hard. Just fill in the paperwork, translate what they want, do health checks, get the STAT DECS from friends and family and off you go after paying the fee. Might have bit of a wait but you can apply for a bridging visa if you wish. 

In all honesty, not that hard.

And the rules won't be changed by some individual on a power trip.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, tlandtday said:

Much of what the OP is saying is essentially true. This is a xenophobic country where the political structure allows a two tier system designed to make a few rich at the expense of the masses and it has become institutionalized meaning there must always be distractions and scapegoats to keep things on course.  Now throw in the influx of Chinese capital and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where all this is going....

If you want to see xenophobia go read any of the Brexit threads.

• 1 month later...