TM30 mayhem and updates

25 minutes ago, genobkk said:

I know an American guy who owns a condo in Pattaya  he was fined for not reporting himself. He went into immigration to extend his tourist visa.  He stays in Thailand about 6 weeks a few times per year   He is coming soon but wanted to stay with a friend in Bangkok, but his Thai friend does not know how to do the TM30 so he must rush to Pattaya after a flight from Florida to do the TM30 then come back to Bangkok to stay with his friend for a few days.  This is a real issue 

Stay with his friend, book a room the final night.. 

Go to pattaya.. do TM30.. 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:12 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

If I need a password for any - any - website I visit, it is generated and emailed to me within minutes, or I am invited to make my own. Why does it take immigration not minutes, not hours, not days, but weeks to do the same thing? With the many reports I read of the 90-day reporting system also not fit for purpose, it just makes you wonder who is in charge of such chaos. But then, I remember that an IT Minister in Thaksin's government didn't even have an email account....

My bet is they do it manually because they can't do modern or don't trust that technology is that advanced or the people that make the rules up as they go a long do decree how it should be done and nobody has the balls to suggest to the boss that there is a simpler more efficient way of doing it.It is quite possible that the job of sending out passwords is done by one person for the whole country.Possibly by some retarded relative of the boss.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, ubonjoe said:

There are reports that they are not wanting a new report done every time  you leave and enter the country or if you make a trip within the country and stay in a hotel.

I respect your knowledge in every way, but I have to report for Samut Prakan the different way.

If I don't report within 48 hours after I re-entered the country I have to pay a fine before I can do any 90 days report or a visa extension. Was enforced like that around 1 year ago. (Maybe one of the first immigrations in the country?)

Regarding trips inside Thailand I would say it's hard to control if you e.g. travel by car.

Hot off the press from Chiang Mai which has not always been great in the past but has improved substantially in the last year.

Arrived back in Thailand last night, sent an email to our landlord who then did the online reporting.  Long wait at immigration this morning, but the officer wasn't interested in seeing the screenshot the landlord sent us.  She said all on the system, don't have to come in UNLESS you need to do something in the main office (I presume extension or 90 day report).  If you have to do anything in the main office, come upstairs and I'll stamp the slip in your passport, otherwise all OK as long as you know that the landlord has done the online reporting.

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

"Registration for TM30 online"

Looking at the documents required for registration, as a foreigner I would need a copy of my passport and a copy of the house registration. Does the house registration have to be in the applicants name ? Because in that case the online registration would only be available to condo owners ? My sister in law owns the house, and I used her when registering my change of address and TM30 a few months ago. She is not computer literate though, anything more than Facebook on her phone is too hitech for her !

My wife is not much better, although she can manage Facebook and Youtube on her ipad, so it would be a lot more convenient if I could register in my name using the tabien baan with S.i.L's name as housemaster.

So, has anybody registered using the tabien baan in somebody elses name ?

You could register in your name as the possessor of the property (show blue book and lease) but why bother. Just do the registration in sister in-laws name, so long as you have username and password you can log in and do a report for you staying at the house. The persons name when registering to use the system is nothing to do with the people being reported. 

46 minutes ago, mobako said:

So i need to do an extension next week but Im staying with AirBnb for a month and don't have a contract.Can you guys tell me what are my actions at this point then?

Check in to the cheapest hotel you can find and use that address for your extension. You don't need to actually sleep there.

51 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Check in to the cheapest hotel you can find and use that address for your extension. You don't need to actually sleep there.

Are you confused. Depending on imm office, the tm30 is required when you return to your "home address". The post you picked up on was living here on extensions of stay. 

eg CW he needs file tm30. 

Jomtien needs do nothing. 

BTW almost all airbnb do not file tm30, so if no other recorded trip away from home, why do anything.

When I arrive Bkk from overseas next week I'll go home and pick up the wife and son and fly north in the afternoon. Normally I'll arrive from work on a friday and wait till the following Monday before seeing immigration concerning TM 30.

This time I'll be arriving mid week but going away same day. Question is, do I need to do anything? Since we'll be away for about a week and staying in a hotel I guess the hotel will do the TM 30 registering and then when I get back home to BKK I'll see immigration?

8 hours ago, mobako said:

Do i need to ask for any papers from the hotel?What actually they should provide me with to go to immigration?

What type of visa/extension do you have? I had assumed you wanted to extend a tourist visa or 30 day waiver.

If that is not the case then my previous advice to check in to a hotel is wrong.

10 minutes ago, thedemon said:

What type of visa/extension do you have? I had assumed you wanted to extend a tourist visa or 30 day waiver.

If that is not the case then my previous advice to check in to a hotel is wrong.

I am on visa exempt since I normally work 8 weeks on 4 weeks off. So I rarely stay more than 4 weeks. But I am still obliged or rather my wife is to register with immigration that I am staying at our property. Only difference this time is that we are going away so I wont be sleeping at home but at a hotel. But I can imagine though that the immigration will give me a bollocking when showing up a week and a half late after arriving. 

6 hours ago, thedemon said:

That's correct,i want to extend a tourist visa.Just can't understand what they should give me at the hotel.

6 hours ago, mek said:

I am on visa exempt since I normally work 8 weeks on 4 weeks off. So I rarely stay more than 4 weeks. But I am still obliged or rather my wife is to register with immigration that I am staying at our property. Only difference this time is that we are going away so I wont be sleeping at home but at a hotel. But I can imagine though that the immigration will give me a bollocking when showing up a week and a half late after arriving. 

If you are here for less than 4 weeks, why would you need to go to the immigration office? Is your visa-exempt entry not good for 30 days?

1 hour ago, mobako said:

That's correct,i want to extend a tourist visa.Just can't understand what they should give me at the hotel.

You don't need anything from the hotel. Just use the hotel address as your address in Thailand on the form for extension of stay.

My understanding is that if you use a private address, many offices will then ask for a TM30 report which has probably not been filed if you have been staying at an airbnb rental. With a hotel address, they won't ask for that.

8 minutes ago, mobako said:

So they will have records of me checking in in the hotel in their system,right? Will they see that its only 1 day stay? Or in that case do i need to check in just  1 day before going to immigration?

If you are staying at a hotel then the TM30 report is not your problem, it is the hotels responsibility.

If you have checked into a hotel prior to applying for an extension then listing that hotel as your address is legitimate. The form doesn't ask how long you will stay at that address.

Edited by thedemon

Tha

4 hours ago, thedemon said:

If you are staying at a hotel then the TM30 report is not your problem, it is the hotels responsibility.

If you have checked into a hotel prior to applying for an extension then listing that hotel as your address is legitimate. The form doesn't ask how long you will stay at that address.

Thanks for helping!:)

Both points which Thailand doesnt care about.. These are Thai rules in Thailand.. They determine everyone non Thai as being here only as long as tolerated.. 

Think differently ?? Skip the visa extension and see how much that address remains your own.. 

I am on a multiple entry 1 year visa/ smart visa. never requested to do a TM30 nor a 90 day report

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

You mentioned what happened if I skip my extension. But I have never had one! So TM30 not apply?

The smart visa requires extensions at the end of its period of stay, try skipping the extension is what I said. Anyone who fails to do so, and doesnt leave, is on overstay and will get a hard lesson in where thier 'permanent home' is if discovered. This is what I was emphasising to the person who claims his address is his permanent home, as opposed to other 'temporary addresses'.. Thailand views all non Thais as merely being transient temporary residents, none of which are 'permanent homes' or residency. 

The smart visa folks have to do the 90 days reports annually I believe, tho that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. 

Edited by LivinLOS

The smart visa requires extensions at the end of its period of stay, try skipping the extension is what I said. Anyone who fails to do so, and doesnt leave, is on overstay and will get a hard lesson in where thier 'permanent home' is if discovered. This is what I was emphasising to the person who claims his address is his permanent home, as opposed to other 'temporary addresses'.. Thailand views all non Thais as merely being transient temporary residents, none of which are 'permanent homes' or residency. 

The smart visa folks have to do the 90 days reports annually I believe, tho that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. 

Not true, as I can always fall back to non o visa ( not to a extension) . My government possibly has a different view as my residency is registered with the MFA/embassy. My ID card shows my permanent address in Thailand as well

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Not true, as I can always fall back to non o visa ( not to a extension) . My government possibly has a different view as my residency is registered with the MFA/embassy. My ID card shows my permanent address in Thailand as well

What isnt true ?? Again I wrote "Anyone who fails to do so, and doesnt leave, is on overstay".. I would have thought someone who qualified for a smart visa would have better reading skills. 

Clearly you are not reading what is written, or what specific part of the conversation(s) are being replied to.. The context of this was about how none of our addresses in Thailand are permanent addresses in the eyes of immigration.  Unless you are a PR or citizenship holder, all other addresses are temporary addresses in the eyes of Thai authorities. So I am at a little bit of a loss what your contributing to that. 

Edited by LivinLOS

3 minutes ago, wobalt said:

My government possibly has a different view as my residency is registered with the MFA/embassy. My ID card shows my permanent address in Thailand as well

Your government's view is irrelevant. The Thai government's view is that you are not an immigrant, therefore you have no permanency in Thailand

• Thanks 1

What isnt true ?? Again I wrote "Anyone who fails to do so, and doesnt leave, is on overstay".. I would have thought someone who qualified for a smart visa would have better reading skills. 

Clearly you are not reading what is written, or what specific part of the conversation(s) are being replied to.. The context of this was about how none of our addresses in Thailand are permanent addresses in the eyes of immigration.  Unless you are a PR or citizenship holder, all other addresses are temporary addresses in the eyes of Thai authorities. So I am at a little bit of a loss what your contributing to that. 

I replied to your post saying “ every time I would sleep somewhere I changed my address. I still believe that is BS. Nothing to discuss anymore.