Weatherman warns of tropical depression approaching Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

What a welcome relief for the farm families who are totally vulnerable and at the mercy of the weather...

At the mercy of incompetent officials who cannot manage water more like.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

Wife is flying to Thailand from the US in six hrs from now, will be in Taipei 15 hrs later, Two hr layover and then connecting to BKK

Do you all think she will have a problem because of this weather??  

No.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

The last few days here, just outside Pattaya, have been hot enough to boil a monkey's bum. Got the sprinkler working overtime. Hope we get a few drops.

Outside Ayutthaya is the same. Thank goodness the meter has been broken for the last 6 months; new meter will come sometime in the future,

PS: Many thanks to NCC1701A and Laza45 for all the maps and info you provide. They're really appreciated.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Outside Ayutthaya is the same. Thank goodness the meter has been broken for the last 6 months; new meter will come sometime in the future,

PS: Many thanks to NCC1701A and Laza45 for all the maps and info you provide. They're really appreciated.

But not understood! ????

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

At the mercy of incompetent officials who cannot manage water more like.

Manage water? that's the problem, there is none to manage.

Guess they could ask the UK to help, where after a week with no rain they have hosepipe bans?

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Same in Nonkhun district, a lot of rain, but more of the kind one would expect in London or Paris, not the heavy tropical rain able to fill up the rice paddies in a few hours. 

This kind of thin rain evaporates as fast as it hits the ground... 

As for the depression, we will get some of the tail end of it, but not a direct hit, which very rarely happens with depressions in the South China Sea (which despite its name belongs to the US, by the way...). 

And the Indian Ocean?????

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

planes fly in most conditions.....they are built that way.....she wont get wet if she inside.....

Most conditions being the operative phrase  

I am not worried that she will get wet. Severe weather causes delays , cancellations and missed connecting flights, as I am in the US I have no way of knowing how severe this tropical storm is and was hoping to get some feedback. 

Thanks anyway 

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am not worried that she will get wet. Severe weather causes delays , cancellations and missed connecting flights, as I am in the US I have no way of knowing how severe this tropical storm is and was hoping to get some feedback. 

Thanks anyway 

It's not severe. Not a typhoon category. Just a Tropical Low...or Depression. .. a bit windy and a bit rainy.

The usual track from Taiwan to BKK is well south of the storm's track. They should get a good tailwind .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

What is the chance of this blow pulling in moist air from the Indian ocean across lower, some of central and the gulf of Thailand?

that almost always happens, it is just a matter of degree.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Thanks anyway 

It's still only a depression. No reason to fret.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

as the rain travels east over the gulf from Hua Hin it should be raining in Pattaya in about one hour.

sat240_latest.png

Thanks. Hope you are right and it catches the whole eastern side but last time it just died offshore! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Thanks. Hope you are right and it catches the whole eastern side but last time it just died offshore! 

looking at latest radar it should start raining in 6 to 12 minutes at the beach.

Edited by NCC1701A

13 hours ago, bambi01 said:

I am not sure what a photo of North Carolina, Charlotte, City Skyline from Route 74 USA is doing at the head of this article...?

Another mystery of ThaiPBS World *smiles*

I thought it was a bit weird putting that picture up too. The sub editor probably Googled, skyscrapers and clouds and that us what he came up with.

We just had a minor squall hit us in Pattaya. Some strong wind gusts and now some light drizzle coming down. Hardly enough to call it a proper "rain" and the winds have died down already.

14 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

We just had a minor squall hit us in Pattaya. Some strong wind gusts and now some light drizzle coming down. Hardly enough to call it a proper "rain" and the winds have died down already.

About two hours ago, had a big wind gust in Pattaya, it was so strong it knocked something off, heard a big boom explosion sound and then the power went off in our building, no electricity for the past 2 hours, none of our neighbors seem to care, the landlord even shouted at us in Thai “pai non”, which is like “go to sleep!”, nobody’s triggered besides me. Welcome to Thailand!