NO, NO, NO Thai customer service.

Billpro785

Have noticed a trend lately, from working on my motor bikes, to printing something off a USB drive, the answer is always "no, no, no". Has anyone else encounter this ?   Seems with the high Thai baht, most shops or repair shops, don't want our expat business. Is it me, or has anyone else notice this ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

No, and in many cases they may say "no" because they don't understand what you want, or can't speak enough English to deal with you, so saying no is easier and saves face. (IMHO)

That's true, but an abrupt NO and threatening expression in her face (do not ask me again) leaves you for a moment with irritation...For this reason, I like to make my daily purchase at Central Festival where the salespersons are better educated and always friendly...

20 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Customer service at Thai Post Office.

Me: I'd like to buy a stamp.

PO: No stamps.

Me: But I see you have a stamp there.

PO: That last stamp, if I sell to you I no have stamp. I Post Office, I must have stamp.

(Yes, this really happened to me)

Then there was the girl selling kanom (Thai desserts) door to door. I offered to buy the whole lot.

"But if I sell you all I no have any to sell." ....

Duh.... it hurts my brain.

Been at Homepro to buy a new hinge for the toilet seat. Showed her the silver hinge and asked if she has something like that: "Mai mee". Walked through the shop and found a hinge. Went to her and showed what I found. "Yes, but this is white and not silver". Aaaargh!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

Been at Homepro to buy a new hinge for the toilet seat. Showed her the silver hinge and asked if she has something like that: "Mai mee". Walked through the shop and found a hinge. Went to her and showed what I found. "Yes, but this is white and not silver". Aaaargh!

You are lucky not being severely beaten for a loss of face. "Mai mee" means "leave me alone" in case you did not know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

You are lucky not being severely beaten for a loss of face. "Mai mee" means "leave me alone" in case you did not know.

I know, but I and my wife were really annoyed and I needed that in this moment. I am happy that I survived ????

Just now, CNXexpat said:

If you had said something like; see mai pen rai ( dont worry about colour) I'd agree but many Thais say it How they see it so in this instance you should be factoring that.

The high thai baht??? Yep, thats it alright, they know you got screwed on the exchange rate and think your baht is somehow tainted with misery, and have decided against doing business with you. You will make a great forex trader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Seems with the high Thai baht, most shops or repair shops, don't want our expat business. Is it me, or has anyone else notice this ?

How much do guys who work at repair shops actually know about our currencies? How did you come to your conclusion?

They do want all business they can get which might be the reason for doing it first place. 

As the pound goes down and the cheap charlies can't live in Thailand everything Thai including Thai service or Thai made items turn into Cra##.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tayaout said:

From experience it means they don't understand. Instead of saying they don't understand they say don't have or no. For example I went to buy 1 whole chicken from some vendor that sell only chicken. I ask Khai noung and he said don't have. I point the chicken and he give me 1/2 chicken... 

If you had asked for a chicken, instead of eggs, it may have gone better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1