Forum is plagued with spammers - 2 suggestions

simon43

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst somewhat annoying they are only usually present for a few minutes often less.

Yes, but you are relying on human intervention and manual deletion of this spam. It would be so much easier to remove it immediately and automatically.

I understand that it's probably not a software mod that TV can do - I don't understand why Invision hasn't included this in their configuration - other forums using their software must also experience the same problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Yes, but you are relying on human intervention and manual deletion of this spam. It would be so much easier to remove it immediately and automatically.

I understand that it's probably not a software mod that TV can do - I don't understand why Invision hasn't included this in their configuration - other forums using their software must also experience the same problem.

You are probably right, but there is and will undoubtedly be a cost involved going through Invision etc for some kind of "patch" or manually configuring it etc. I would think many sites/forums are plagued with these because of the huge upturn in affiliate marketing/earning.

Manual intervention is free ! Mods cost nothing ! 

In my opinion it's sporadic, not that bad and managed quite well at the present levels by the team.

• Thanks 1