Scots favour independence from United Kingdom, Ashcroft poll shows

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Victornoir said:

46/43 it is a small majority, still within the margin of error.
It should be noted that Boris's shattering statements have their effect on both the pound and the unit.

????

Not only that, the sample was small at just over 1000 people. Huge margin of error.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes we can, it's just Scotland won't be part of the UK. If the worse comes to worse and Ireland/Wales leave we could call ourselves....hmm....England.

I must say  you are a clairvoyant what Bojo might bring if things turn sour....

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Because without the Scots you can't call it UK anymore

All I know is if California voluntarily offered to make itself its own country, Republicans would jump all over that deal because of the effect it would have on the composition of the House and Senate, not to mention the Electoral College implications. I have to think part of the reluctance is the sickness within the Conservative Party that allowed Theresa May to serve as PM for as long as she did. The Tories are spiritually bankrupt and many of them secretly fear overseeing a dominant majority in a Scot-less Parliament because they lack the self confidence to seize the initiative and lead. 

• Like 1

Bye bye Jocks.  Have fun trying to sell your natural gas in the world market...

Also, the exit of the Macs would be a bonus for all English speakers everywhere, since most of us proper speakers of the language can't understand a single blind word they utter.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

I like the idea that Scotland should pay outstanding debts while at the same time the UK is talking about not paying their debts if we leave the EU.

wrong, firstly it is well known that the figure is 9 billion, this is not a debt, it is the continued subscription for claimed commitments

Fiscal accounts are so bad in Brussels that nobody has any idea what is what

What Scotland owes is a weighted share of actual UK debt estimated to be about 50 billion

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Excluding those who said they did not know or would not vote, this amounted to 52% to 48% for an independent Scotland.

52-48 so contentious, I have said time and time again referendums need to be a clear majority, 2% swings can happen on a daily basis, unless there is a clear majority 60% or more then let it be as it was (status quo).  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Basil B said:

52-48 so contentious, I have said time and time again referendums need to be a clear majority, 2% swings can happen on a daily basis, unless there is a clear majority 60% or more then let it be as it was (status quo).  

I agree and have always said Cameron should have stated 5% clear majority or we don't do it - should be same for Scots.

• Like 1

I agree with you; a super majority would be far more satisfactory an outcome. But bear in mind that the referendum hasn't been called yet. If so, I would hope that the final tally would be much more decisive.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Too late this time (can't change the rules after the event) but going forward I completely agree. Definitely need at least 60% in favour of re-entering after 31 October. In fact, let's make it 70%.

• Sad 1