The week that was in Thailand news: The moaner on the bar stool is at home on the internet!

rooster59

23 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

There seems to be a predominantly higher amount of whining from citizens of one or two particular countries, at least it seems to me and I believe if you're read tvf for any length of time you'll see it. What makes me laugh is the number who chirp constantly that don't even live here on a full time basis, are kind of pathetic in a way. As the SB says, sometimes you just need a little sabbatical from tv for the negativity can get a little grating. I love living here and have been happy for many years. Marrying my Thai wife was probably the best move I've ever made and living here with her in Thailand are my dreams brought to life on a daily basis. 

If i had to take a wild guess about the Thai bashers and whiners. Oddly the same people who are constantly getting themselves into trouble. I would say #1 The Germans #2 The Swedes And tied at third place #3 The Brits & The Aussies .  They just have a knack for getting themselves into trouble.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

If i had to take a wild guess about the Thai bashers and whiners. Oddly the same people who are constantly getting themselves into trouble. I would say #1 The Germans #2 The Swedes And tied at third place #3 The Brits & The Aussies .  They just have a knack for getting themselves into trouble.

I don't want to get into finger pointing for it's about as helpful as the action depicted above. There are many reasons for putting down others, sometimes its just about propping yourself up..

Oh well I suppose Rooster can claim to be acknowledging, if chastising a minority group, mostly I read, occasionally rebuff, but seldom take on board overzealous generalizations and complaints

Not considered newsworthy enough for an article, it is what it is

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

The video you posted looks like a ferrang being attacked by a Thai guy and then jumped by another Thai guy who happened to be walking past so total cowardice and by the look it’s the Thais causing the trouble in this video. Thais are not angels either.

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 2

As usual a series of brilliant observations.  I identify with most of your life, except for being wise with my money and learning Thai.  I have only been here 19 years and arrived too late in life to be able to learn the language.  But I did become a PR and in my case the process took 6 years and involved things like going to the police hospital menopause clinic to have a doctor certify that I did not have third stage syphilis (apparently first or second stage would have been okay).

Re the drivers The best part oof going to get a new drivers license is when they make you watch a video where they pretend there are rules.  There are only two rules:  1.  All motorcyclists are suicidal and don’t care who they take with them;  and 2.  Nobody is ever in the lane they want to be in.

Cheers.