Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Agreed. The "pent-up demand" is being underestimated. Not to forget, here in Europe "Entertainment-Venues" have been closed for months.
Once Thailand opens, Tourist hot spots may "turn on a dime". Going from "dead" to "discustingly overcrowded".

And what if other "tourists hot spots" open up before Thailand does?  Who do you think gets the "pent-up demand" first?  

Thailand's looking at late 2022, maybe even into 2023.  Will "pent-up demand" wait that long for Thailand?  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Moving back on topic, this ad gives some rent prices, in covid, and out of covid.

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-gogo-bar-amazing-new-takeover-offer-423289

Even if it was given for free i still wouldn't want it

you have 0 chance to do any benefit even little money with a gogo bar in soi 13\3 

wich was totally deserted even before covid.

Asking 30k for the rent now (corona price lol) or 60k in ''normal'' time is imo just ridiculous

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

you have 0 chance to do any benefit even little money with a gogo bar in soi 13\3 

Asking 30k for the rent now (corona price lol) or 60k in ''normal'' time is imo just ridiculous

I agree. 

So, what will become of these establishments, with no buyers, and expiring leases, I expect their doors to close.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I agree. 

So, what will become of these establishments, with no buyers, and expiring leases, I expect their doors to close.

Yes unfortunately it seems the Thai owners of the land\building

prefer to have the place be closed forever and to fall derelict rather than 

be realist on the price asked. They probably have already enough

money for the next 2 or 3 generations, so why to bother

plus in Thailand it seems that if you down your price you lose face

as other Thais look at you like if you down yourself or you are desperate

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

And don’t forget all the wages you will have to pay while you wait for the impending tsunami of mongers that haven’t had any action for a good while.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

It was an Indian soi that one, maybe they've given up targetting the Indian market. I can't see anyone else buying it and making money. It's brand new apparently so doesn't even have any decent track record

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

And what if other "tourists hot spots" open up before Thailand does?  Who do you think gets the "pent-up demand" first?  

Thailand's looking at late 2022, maybe even into 2023.  Will "pent-up demand" wait that long for Thailand?  

Two GGB opened up on LKM recently..... someone seems to be getting ready. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

With the quarantine soon be reduced to 7 days for the vaccinated people and 10 days for the others, they probably think more people will be coming.

However i am not sure the numbers will be enough to assure the survival of these venues

from the dozen of friends usually coming each year from europe visiting me in Pattaya none of them want to do a quarantine, so at the moment they wait and go elsewhere on holiday.

The other problem is with the third wave of the virus actualy surging all other europe a lot of countries (UK, France...) make illegal to go on holiday in another country 

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It was an Indian soi that one, maybe they've given up targetting the Indian market. I can't see anyone else buying it and making money. It's brand new apparently so doesn't even have any decent track record

Yes the famous ''indian market''

and his restaurants wich don't need customers to stay afloat lol

i bet the gogo are on the same ''business model''

(A laundry picture comes to my mind)

About the track record for obvious reasons most of the businesses in the night entertainment don't have any decent one, all the books are made up in a way or another

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

And don’t forget all the wages you will have to pay while you wait for the impending tsunami of mongers that haven’t had any action for a good while.

True, not only the wages but also the alcool stock

the electric and water bill, the licences (Music, alcool..)

the taxes (Including on your exterior sign)

the police ''fee'' (If you don't want to be closed for running a

venue with illegal prostitution involved) and so on

imo for a gogo like this one the total monthly bill is around 100 000 bhts

all included even before to sell your first drink

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, a couple have reopened, but not sure what they are getting ready for.  

The more that reopen, prior to bigger numbers of tourists coming back, cuts the pie even thinner for all businesses.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

The more that reopen, prior to bigger numbers of tourists coming back, cuts the pie even thinner for all businesses.  

True, but the more that open the more attractive the area is to the returning tourists, so the more will return.

Chicken and egg, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The question is do they have enough customers to justify to stay open ?

How many more months can they afford to lose money day after day ?

I think everyone is now expecting tourism to blast back in October.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, polpott said:

I think everyone is now expecting tourism to blast back in October.

I suppose, if you count myanmar refugees as tourists...lol.  There is some peant up demand, for sure, guys separated from their girls for going on two years, and likely would like a bit of dividend on the remittances.  Will be easy enough to get some big numbers from China..but I cant see millions of farangs coming here for the first trip abroad in a few years.

Edited by moontang
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

I can assure you that there are many farangs desperate to visit. As for the UK, the majority will have had both shots by summer, virtually everyone by October. My mate who visited regularly before Covid will be over like a shot if he doesn't have to endure quarantine. Due to Covid he is awash with money, he hasn't been able to spend it.

I wonder how wide spread the refund problem from a well known airline is.  That would certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth.

1 minute ago, polpott said:

I've really no idea what you're getting at. Sorry.

A lot of people, who had airline tickets to BKK last Winter had their flights cancelled, and are still waiting on refunds.  My CC would have covered it, but apparently many buy tickets through less full proof channels.

11 minutes ago, moontang said:

A lot of people, who had airline tickets to BKK last Winter had their flights cancelled, and are still waiting on refunds.  My CC would have covered it, but apparently many buy tickets through less full proof channels.

I don't see how that relates to next October. I will be buying a ticket from Finnair to Manchester from Bangkok leaving late April. I have no worries about that ticket being honoured.

Edited by polpott

25 minutes ago, polpott said:

I can assure you that there are many farangs desperate to visit. As for the UK, the majority will have had both shots by summer, virtually everyone by October. My mate who visited regularly before Covid will be over like a shot if he doesn't have to endure quarantine. Due to Covid he is awash with money, he hasn't been able to spend it.

My situation exactly. Thanks for putting it into words for me.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Customers I expect.... but I am not optimistic.

One was a venue I never thought much of, and never went into (just rarely to see why I had made that determination). The other, I quite liked, but it had closed even before Covid, so a surprise to see it reopen. It appears my preferences are not always the ones that do well... (I actually think the opposite, I am the kiss of death! Perhaps responding to the lack of Kinks.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The question is do they have enough customers to justify to stay open ?

How many more months can they afford to lose money day after day ?

Lose money day after day is kids stuff...........

The big league is the Indian restaurants........No doubt losing money year after year after year.........Which just encouraged the opening of more  Indian restaurants, because they did not want to miss out on the opportunity to lose money too........

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Lose money day after day is kids stuff...........

The big league is the Indian restaurants........No doubt losing money year after year after year.........Which just encouraged the opening of more  Indian restaurants, because they did not want to miss out on the opportunity to lose money too........

There's money to be made in washing Rupees.

• Haha 2