Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And I heard it was due to a rent issue.... not sure they even used many agency girls or any.

Heaven Above should have closed a year or two earlier, a slow painful death, girls went downhill, even the draft beer got smaller, you know a place is in trouble if they do that. 

I ordered the large beer a couple of times but the head on it was so big I was tempted to blow it over the waitress Western style

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Heaven Above should have closed a year or two earlier, a slow painful death, girls went downhill, even the draft beer got smaller, you know a place is in trouble if they do that. 

I ordered the large beer a couple of times but the head on it was so big ug I was tempted to blow it over the waitress Western style

Didn't find it so.... but I usually went with a group, if I went alone it was less enjoyable. My favourite place for a while and a regular on our Walking St crawls. Never drink draft personally, except in Sapphire.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Didn't find it so.... but I usually went with a group, if I went alone it was less enjoyable. My favourite place for a while and a regular on our Walking St crawls. Never drink draft personally, except in Sapphire.

come on it closed for a reason, wasn't doing well, a few years ago was my favourite agogo. You can tell which agogos are successful, Pinup, Windmill, Dollhouse 

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

come on it closed for a reason, wasn't doing well, a few years ago was my favourite agogo. You can tell which agogos are successful, Pinup, Windmill, Dollhouse 

As I said, I heard it was a rent issue, but, well, one is not always told the truth by these guys, Also told it would be reopening at a new location, then Covid happened. It was always still Happy Hour when we got in and quite popular. Yes to first two, but Dollhouse can be frequently off too.

Edited by jacko45k

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So Devils Den died, no mention on this thread unless I missed it. It was kinda famous but looked like not many people went there, owner seemed to be the only business serious about STI testing 

The owner reported on a local Pattaya forum that the landlord would not reduce his rent...so he,s closed it down BUT intending to set it up again in another location...didn`t actually indicate when though :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When is the last time you went? I've found it consistently good the last 2 years along with Electric Blue and Beavers, the later two now closed due to Corona have moved the best girls to Dollhouse

Three weeks ago, maybe 4. In fact I switched to LKM because I felt Walking St area was 'lacking'....

I have since had Dollhouse recommended by a pal so maybe they got sorted.

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, petermik said:

And yet they are devoid of customers....:sad:

I see the 39 baht beer didn,t last long...the buggers have put it up to 40.... very busy last night and plenty of single ladies looking for some company :thumbsup:

Which bar is this? 40B beer and lots of ladies?

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Which bar is this? 40B beer and lots of ladies?

Climax bar corner of LK and soi Buk....next door (walking towards soi Honey) is Blue Cafe...next to this is the double fronted 40 baht beer bar (forgotten the name) the lots of ladies were freelancers that seemed to converge on the place after 9pm....that,s when the band usually fires up also....the resident "ladies" are nothing to write home about though :thumbsup:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nout said:

Bars don't usually offer food. As for sport on TV in a bar. No thanks. But yes to girls and sex. That is the spirit Pattaya.

I agree, girls and sex made Pattaya famous, or infamous, and made a lot of people rich, especially Thai's, in the past.  

However, just as Uber and AirBnb changed transport and accommodation, Apps are changing hook ups in Thailand.   

You can go to a bar with some friends.  Have some beers.  Have a meal.  Watch a match.  Then, get on an app and a girl will come to the bar you are in to meet you and you can take it from them.  No lady drinks.  No bar fines.  No BS.   

It just works.  ????  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Agree . Only problem with the apps Is the pictures can be very misleading . The filters most phones have these days can make the most bog standard essarn looking lady look like a princess . Buyer beware 

I always do a quick video chat before proceeding.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

It was well reported that they were closing up in LK Metro, but opening up elsewhere, which at the present time the location remains a mystery.

Will be interesting to see who is doing the refurbishment, and what it will become.   

32 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Bars with the traditional lady drink and bar fine business model will struggle in the future.  (Covid aside) 

They were struggling pre Covid.  Rising lady drink and bar fine prices failed to attract customers in the numbers they did in the past on the beer bar complexes.   

If I am meeting a girl from an app, I always arrange to meet in a bar.  You can have a chat and a laugh.  One girl I found very humorous and ended up playing pool and hanging around the bar for a while before taking her to dinner and out for some live music and then back to my place.   It's all the same, except for lady drinks and bar fine.  

I predict very few bar girls will be salaried staff in the future.  This will be a legacy of Covid on the bar scene here. 

They will be freelancers, which means they can leave the bar whenever they want.  Most will be on the apps, and if they get a customers, they will leave the bar for an hour, or for the shift, if it is long time.  

This is very clever. You don't need a bar lady. You need a lady in the bar and order it on the internet.

Next time when I go to a restaurant - when they ask me what I want to eat I will tell them that the grab driver will deliver it at any moment, But you would like to have a beer because by law you could not order this on the internet. I think this is the future. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Oldie said:

This is very clever. You don't need a bar lady. You need a lady in the bar and order it on the internet.

Next time when I go to a restaurant - when they ask me what I want to eat I will tell them that the grab driver will deliver it at any moment, But you would like to have a beer because by law you could not order this on the internet. I think this is the future. 

Huh?

You can go to a bar alone, or with friends, or with your girlfriend, or arrange to meet the afore mentioned in the bar.  

I never suggested I was arranging meetings in bars on Soi 6, for example.  

Bars like Billabong Bar on LK Metro, for example, no problem at all.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Huh?

You can go to a bar alone, or with friends, or with your girlfriend, or arrange to meet the afore mentioned in the bar.  

I never suggested I was arranging meetings in bars on Soi 6, for example.  

Bars like Billabong Bar on LK Metro, for example, no problem at all.  

In respect of bars - if there are not too many doing this they will be happy for every customer. Sometimes even girls from bars want to bring you do other bars /restaurants too because they get a commission there. And on top of it the remaining night will shorter and you will get tired earlier. I know bars here in in Central Pattaya where you can eat too. Often I see there the same girl with a different farang. I can't remember that I saw the same farang there a second time. 

12 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Same for the UK high street. Already in tatters due to wholesale move to interweb shopping and retailers failing to keep up even when the writing's been on the wall for years. Adapt or die.  

There's not much adaptation a tin roof beer bar can do.  Poor facilities and comfort for customers, selling a "product" customers can order online.  

7 minutes ago, Oldie said:

In respect of bars - if there are not too many doing this they will be happy for every customer. Sometimes even girls from bars want to bring you do other bars /restaurants too because they get a commission there. And on top of it the remaining night will shorter and you will get tired earlier. I know bars here in in Central Pattaya where you can eat too. Often I see there the same girl with a different farang. I can't remember that I saw the same farang there a second time. 

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

If someone is sitting in Billabong Bar, for example, listening to the live music, and they have a look on an app and see a pretty girl and start messaging them, and 15 mins later the girl comes to Billabong Bar to meet them, and he buys her a drink and starts chatting with her, what problem would Billabong Bar management have with this?  Doesn't Billabong Bar now have another customer?  You see what I have just described quite a lot, but as I have said, not in Soi 6 bars, and the like.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jastheace said:

i agree also. the information highway has been slow to come to pattaya but not thailand. it is here.

btw, i prefer the 'old' system. call me weird, but i like to see, meet, talk and bond a little, then discuss hard cash for whatever goes. just my generation maybe 555. i like to feel the cloth before getting it cut to size.

Part of what made Pattaya a special case was it being like walking into a Makro full of totty, do some manshopping while browsing the goods up and close. Internet orders are global, no need for a city. That's now done, Pattaya lost it's main selling point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Part of what made Pattaya a special case was it being like walking into a Makro full of totty, do some manshopping while browsing the goods up and close. Internet orders are global, no need for a city. That's now done, Pattaya lost it's main selling point.

Accommodation, meals, entertainment, and a few activities, will still turn a baht here from mongers, but the beer bars who rely on the business model of lady drinks and bar fines will fade away.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1