Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

12 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Probably stressed out with the uncertainty of the current climate.  

No just blatant ripped offs, cheating, dishonourable behaviour,  a complete loss of the informal rules  and etiquette of 'the game' ..Too many FOF new girls and insufficient mama sans to train them. Also some of the older cynical girls don't realise the men in Pattaya are old hands not gullible passing through tourists. The new norm of cheating and ripp offs will kill off the GG scene more than Covid and I'm speaking as a GG fan for many years who has never experienced a problem until recently.

1 hour ago, moontang said:

Set your radius to 1 km And be in the range of the bars and you will see..some of us actually specify that we are STRAIGHT.  The freelancers at the discos are as bad as it gets..do you still believe in Santa Claus?  The volume of p4p business online has grown more than Lazada over the last five years..And don't forget www.smooci.com

Oh...BTW..Do you use free tinder or have you upgraded?

4 minutes ago, Nout said:

No just blatant ripped offs, cheating, dishonourable behaviour,  a complete loss of the informal rules  and etiquette of 'the game'

Of course, which goes hand in hand with the current climate.

Very few clients so more temptation to pull stunts in the hope of making up the difference.

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Expats supported the Beer Garden but I guess it is just to big a operation to downsize to meet current usage.......If it was me I would  cut back to just a few employees......Service might suck but at least the doors could stay open..... 

switch to self service, use those fridges and one till, works in some places

3 hours ago, Nout said:

No just blatant ripped offs, cheating, dishonourable behaviour,  a complete loss of the informal rules  and etiquette of 'the game' ..Too many FOF new girls and insufficient mama sans to train them. Also some of the older cynical girls don't realise the men in Pattaya are old hands not gullible passing through tourists. The new norm of cheating and ripp offs will kill off the GG scene more than Covid and I'm speaking as a GG fan for many years who has never experienced a problem until recently.

maybe time to agree the deal up front

5 hours ago, Nout said:

Thanks I didn't notice it? Is Soi Boomerang the one with Golden Times and Baku lounge etc?

Yes.... quite a hot spot and upcoming little area. Had a good time there midweek.

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Some off topic posts and replies removed, topic is about closure of your favorite bar or restaurant

I think the whole thread has been off topic for at least 6 months lol.

OP was all doom and gloom that Pattaya was dying and all bars and restaurants would close due to lack of 2019 high season (same has been said for last 10 years). Covid closures have nothing to do with this thread OP

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I think the whole thread has been off topic for at least 6 months. OP was all doom and gloom that Pattaya was dying and all bars and restaurants would close due to lack of 2019 high season (same has been said for last 10 years). Covid closures have nothing to do with this thread OP

I must be dyslexic. Every time I see you comment I see Aussiesexpat . 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I think the whole thread has been off topic for at least 6 months lol.

OP was all doom and gloom that Pattaya was dying and all bars and restaurants would close due to lack of 2019 high season (same has been said for last 10 years). Covid closures have nothing to do with this thread OP

I disagree.  This thread is more on topic now than ever.

Obviously, there are hundreds, if not thousands of closures across Pattaya due to Covid, however, the question remains for individual establishments, are they temporarily closed, or are they closed for good, or is an establishment closed only because it is changing location, most likely due to cheaper rent.

I suspect when the boarders open and some tourists start to plan their trip to Pattaya, this thread will be of benefit to them, so they can see if their favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, or guest houses are open.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I suspect when the boarders open and some tourists start to plan their trip to Pattaya, this thread will be of benefit to them, so they can see if their favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, or guest houses are open.   

Since the search function here at best is hit and miss, there are 135 pages and counting to plough through.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Since the search function here at best is hit and miss, there are 135 pages and counting to plough through.

I'm sure some will post asking on the current status of some establishments in the future, whilst others have probably been following the thread on a casual basis.     

On 9/21/2020 at 5:48 AM, jacko45k said:

Don't they have freelancer girls in there too mixed in with a few staff? Seem to recollect asking one to get me a beer once and she passed the job off. Never know who works where these days.

Yes, full of freelancers.  They can serve drinks, but I believe when it comes time to pay, they have to get a salaried staff member.  They are given a coupon for each lady drink bought for them.  These are cashed in at the end of the night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Could you have a bigger ego implying your thread is so important. Last few pages have been about sex by tinder which you have posted half of.

You are confusing importance with relevance.  

It is a fact that apps are taking profits away from bars that have relied on the traditional lady drink / bar fine business model. 

It is very much on topic to discuss how these apps are effecting those businesses, as many were struggling, pre Covid, and many will close in the future, should they not change their business model.  Same thing with AirBnb effecting hotel and guest house occupancy rates here, even though daily rental is illegal.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Any new closures to announce for the benefit of the thousands of tourists overseas sitting on the edge of their seats with anticipation following this thread ? 

hope so, they obviously need something to fap and rage over.

Meanwhile those of us that live here just on with life.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Any new closures to announce for the benefit of the thousands of tourists overseas sitting on the edge of their seats with anticipation following this thread ? 

I think the "thousands of tourists" are monitoring the boarders opening and visa requirements, and when they are sorted, they will turn their attention as to what's open and what's closed, and whether it's worth coming here or not, which this threat may offer some information for them.  

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I think the "thousands of tourists" are monitoring the boarders opening and visa requirements, and when they are sorted, they will turn their attention as to what's open and what's closed, and whether it's worth coming here or not, which this threat may offer some information for them.  

So I'll take that as a no from you on any new closures to report. 

Just now, Don Mega said:

He does not live in Thailand/Pattaya so is frantically searching social media to keep his thread alive.

I do live in Pattaya and have found the thread informative and relevant to me. Nothing worse than turning up at a restaurant to find it closed. Beer Garden is a classic example. I drop in on spec for lunch occasionally but rarely pass it. Wouldn't like to park my car up, walk round there and find it closed.

• Like 1

Just now, Don Mega said:

He does not live in Thailand/Pattaya so is frantically searching social media to keep his thread alive.

Been living here full time for a couple of years.  

Most of the larger establishments that are my favorite, or I frequent regularly, are still open, however, most of the small little places that I would occasionally go to are closed. 

Of what is still open, I try to spread the money and support them, and hope they can remain open.  Time will tell if they can remain open.   

5 minutes ago, nausea said:

I don't live overseas, but I can tell you one thing, until the beer garden reopens I won't be coming back to Pattaya. Whether this or that go-go bar, or beer bar, shuts is of little interest to me; but there are certain iconic places, the beer garden being one of them.

Several posts on the status of The Beer Garden over the course of this thread.  I am sure there will be further updates in the future.   

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

I do live in Pattaya and have found the thread informative and relevant to me. Nothing worse than turning up at a restaurant to find it closed. Beer Garden is a classic example. I drop in on spec for lunch occasionally but rarely pass it. Wouldn't like to park my car up, walk round there and find it closed.

Same goes for those overseas and thinking of coming back to Pattaya for a holiday. 

They would want to know if their favorite places are open, or if they are closed, or moved location, and how the atmosphere is in there.   

Over the course of this thread a few things have surprised me.  Probably the biggest surprise for me was Retox being put up for sale, just before Covid, so they could see the writing on the wall.     

• Like 1

Just finished a longer walk here in Central Pattaya. Yes - many things are closed. But perhaps many will come back to life again like the flowers in spring when the tourists come back. It is hard to have a clear picture. But if there are enough tourists here again these places will open pretty soon with the old or a new business. I am not worried that Pattaya will die. Perhaps some businesses of some owners but not Pattaya. I think there is no reason to be worried. I never forget the Asian Crises her in Pattaya. Many new buildings that were constructed at this time stopped. But after the crises they finished them.

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

I'm sure some will post asking on the current status of some establishments in the future, whilst others have probably been following the thread on a casual basis.     

As there is no general Pattaya bar/caff/resto thread people naturally gravitate here. 

16 minutes ago, rott said:

As there is no general Pattaya bar/caff/resto thread people naturally gravitate here. 

I live in Buriram and I read this thread because me & Mrs MD visit Pattaya 6-7 times a year for 3-4 nights per visit and I like to know if my favourite eating/drinking places are open or not. Very useful IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yes I think Leaver left sometime ago hence the negativity, he won't admit that.

i went to Walking St tonight, buzzing, I'm glad Dollhouse and Windmill keeping the legend of Pattaya alive