Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Bars like Billabong Bar on LK Metro, for example, no problem at all

Don't they have freelancer girls in there too mixed in with a few staff? Seem to recollect asking one to get me a beer once and she passed the job off. Never know who works where these days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Huh?

You can go to a bar alone, or with friends, or with your girlfriend, or arrange to meet the afore mentioned in the bar.  

I never suggested I was arranging meetings in bars on Soi 6, for example.  

Bars like Billabong Bar on LK Metro, for example, no problem at all.  

He doesn't seem to know that us grown ups just go to the liquor store, supermarket,corner shop, and what do you know they all sell beer.who knew.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Just seen that Robin Hood Tavern will now close on a Wednesday and Closing Time will be 11pm. Weekdays, Midnight Weekend.

Yes it did not seem to be doing too well last time I visited. I tried the Sunday dinner, it is not a carvery as it is now plated up in the kitchen. Not too impressed with it, some components were served up tepid. Slowly slowly the screw turns....

I looked into the Avenue food court yesterday and it looks like they gutted a bunch of the remaining restaurant shells.......Someone took a bath on that project.......Even the new stand alone food booths in front of the food court were covered up and closed yesterday......I guess that's it for the whole food court operation including the new food stands in front...

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Pattaya Beer Garden has decided to close again, and hopefully re-open in better times.

There is some mixed messages but I believe it will close on the 30th.

I doubt anyone that's been in since it reopened is surprised at this one, quite a big domino to fall nonetheless. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:30 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes it did not seem to be doing too well last time I visited. I tried the Sunday dinner, it is not a carvery as it is now plated up in the kitchen. Not too impressed with it, some components were served up tepid. Slowly slowly the screw turns....

I used to go when the Sunday lunch was 200 baht, then they increased it to 300. Lost another 2 customers.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:53 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Pattaya Beer Garden has decided to close again, and hopefully re-open in better times.

There is some mixed messages but I believe it will close on the 30th.

Last day for the public will be the 29th.

Just read elsewhere that a new 3 year lease has been agreed and owner hopes to reopen when viable.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

I am friends with a lot of the staff.

They are all gutted, and believe its the end.

Yes, they gave me that impression last night too. I am only repeating what the owner wrote, which I believe you have seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Expats supported the Beer Garden but I guess it is just to big a operation to downsize to meet current usage.......If it was me I would  cut back to just a few employees......Service might suck but at least the doors could stay open..... 

Except that a place that size needs a minimum number of staff and needs to pay electric bills.

And THAT all needs a minimum number of customers - as I'm not in Pattaya, I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing that they are too few and far between.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, Don Mega said:

Cold beer, A decent feed and the F1 on the tv screens... is my kinda bar.

A pretty girlie rubbing my bits under the table is a bonus.

Each to his own but I can't think of anything more tedious and dispiriting than F1 in bar. A niche interest that can be watched at home. As for food. I know very few bars that do food because there is so much street food around. And who wants TVs in a restaurant. Anyway you are lucky the majority of bars have TV sport my quest is to find bars with no American house music and no sport. This situation has much improved recently.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 5:48 AM, jacko45k said:

Don't they have freelancer girls in there too mixed in with a few staff? Seem to recollect asking one to get me a beer once and she passed the job off. Never know who works where these days.

The staff have lanyards or ID.

32 minutes ago, moontang said:

Set your radius to 1 km And be in the range of the bars and you will see..some of us actually specify that we are STRAIGHT.  The freelancers at the discos are as bad as it gets..do you still believe in Santa Claus?  The volume of p4p business online has grown more than Lazada over the last five years..And don't forget www.smooci.com

Smooch does not operate in Pattaya.  I agree with you about FIS at Discos. They play a double game switching from being a not interested,  not available girl on a night out with girls until they decide to switch to a chosen guy but can then switch back to non available mode. I prefer Go Go girls but post covid the girls have developed very bad wired attitudes more so than I've ever known in 30 years.

Edited by Nout