TM30: “It’s really not that hard”, immigration official tells foreigners

webfact

3 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

So I go to download the android version and it says that app "is not available in my country". I'm in Thailand for christ's sake hahaha

Relevant reply to another BM:

33 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I'll take a guess on it saying something along the lines of not available in your country. If so, create a new Thai based account to download (the app is geoblocked, no doubt due to the fact it is of no use to anyone outside Thailand ... problem being, most foreigners would have an account set up in their own country originally).

One feared as much. This is all not about the system, which is demonstrably unfit for purpose. Its about bureaucrats not having to lose face.

The harder we push, unfortunately, the deeper they are likely to dig their heels in.

However, I'm sure I'm not alone in being thankful for the efforts of Richard Barrow and everyone else involved and wish them luck in any future negotiations.

• Like 2

Why do they not have this all on computer and hire 10 or so engineers and professionals to run the operation instead of having it all paper and spend a fortune on hundreds of thousands of employees that have to do the work of a robot and are basically just human computers in essence

Wouldn't it be better to decide to step into the modern world instead of pretending its 1500?

In one of the TM30 articles posted on this website, there was a sentence that read:

"If you live in a house which is in your wife's name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM30 form telling immigration you live there".  

My question is IF you in fact HAVE a "yellow tabian baan" book with your name listed in the book as living at the same property with your wife, who holds the BLUE BOOK;  AND you are also listed on the actual DEED at the Land Office stating that you can live in the house for life;  THEN do you and/or your wife still have to report your location via the TM30?

Just now, kevinmartyn said:

555. It would be ok if the online system's actually worked in Thailand including 90 days and TM30. But they DO NOT!

Yes goes online for one day - crashes from over usage and they wont pay out for proper hardware and dedicated servers but host it on some joke setup then they cry about it wont work (because they dont understand nor can they comprehend technical matters without foreign intervention) then they realise oh my buddha if this goes live i will lose my pointless job and tiny salary and i dont know how to do anything im unemployable otherwise so they pretend computers cant work

It will never go live because all of these pointless jobs will be scrapped and they literally couldnt run a cake shop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartiniMan said:

Why do they not have this all on computer and hire 10 or so engineers and professionals to run the operation instead of having it all paper and spend a fortune on hundreds of thousands of employees that have to do the work of a robot and are basically just human computers in essence

Wouldn't it be better to decide to step into the modern world instead of pretending its 1500?

It sounds like they do use the technology but the human element still lets them down.

"Immigration superintendent Col. Thatchapong Sarawanangkul said he has to work until 10pm every day in order to try to cope with the number of online TM30 application forms coming into the system, despite the fact that his wife is about to deliver a baby in several weeks."

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

“This is going to affect domestic tourism. I asked an immigration officer about it and he said: “Travel less!”

Let's see how the hotel lobby likes this.

There are clearly opposing forces here RTP vs TAT/HOTELS/TOURISM/BUSINESS CHAMBERS - that isn't over yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wmccpa112253 said:

In one of the TM30 articles posted on this website, there was a sentence that read:

"If you live in a house which is in your wife's name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM30 form telling immigration you live there".  

My question is IF you in fact HAVE a "yellow tabian baan" book with your name listed in the book as living at the same property with your wife, who holds the BLUE BOOK;  AND you are also listed on the actual DEED at the Land Office stating that you can live in the house for life;  THEN do you and/or your wife still have to report your location via the TM30?

That is my situation exept that I am not named on the chanote.

Good to know that it's my wife's problem, not mine. Any queries about my TM30 and I'll send her down to deal with it.

Good luck with them trying to get any money out of her. I feel for those poor IOs, i really do.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, wmccpa112253 said:

My friend, who is on a work permit, has the yellow book and his pink ID. He had to do the TM30 and pay the fine at CW when he did his renewal. 

He's sort of right. Try building something in Thailand, in comparison TM30 is a breeze. That said it's a matter of perspective, things that should not exist at all or should be a piece of cake can be an extreme pain in the arse here. Welcome to thailaannn.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“After hearing the comments from the Immigration officials, my own view is that I don’t think TM30 will go away any time soon.”

I can't imagine that anyone is even remotely surprised.

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

My friend, who is on a work permit, has the yellow book and his pink ID. He had to do the TM30 and pay the fine at CW when he did his renewal. 

Same with me, except Jomthien and no WP. Tabian baan and pink id are in the Thai civil system which Thai immigration does not use. In other words, pretty useless.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chuang said:

hey, if TM30 is not that hard, then why don't they extend it to Thais ?

They worked out generations ago how to screw their countrymen, they are still perfecting ways to screw us!

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Correct Johnathon.

I think most sensible people realised this as soon as a suggestion of a petition was mooted.

Unfortunately, we foreigners, farangs, aliens, call us what you like, are never going to make any Thai officials change any rules or regulations they have brought in. 

Quite rightly and there's no reason that IB should change Thai laws and lessen the requirements for foreigners just because a few foreigners would like it that way!  No other country would do it, why does anyone expect Thailand to do so?

• Sad 1