TM30: “It’s really not that hard”, immigration official tells foreigners

webfact

6 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

Even the motorbikes on the sidewalk can not be uploaded. 

You can't upload a motorbike on a sidewalk in Germany? Amazing ????

(I know what you meant, just joking)

Edited by TG911

The problem with Thai is they blame for everything other people tjey will never accept that is something wrong with them. There have many problems to solve not foreigner related but still every day i see foreigners detained on pictures and overstay bla bla... but how about 9000 people dead on roads so far what about you cannot walk without being driven over by motorbike, what about you start investing in green economy and take out this safari buses in pure oil and start to do something about rivers, nature... all is foreigners fault right? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TG911 said:

You can't upload a motorbike on a sidewalk in Germany? Amazing ????

You know what I mean. I am talking about the announcement of the reporting motorbikes

riding or parking on the sidewalk. Nice show off talking in TV and after one day, it does not work anymore

10 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

In Germany everybody can open an bank account. Not so in Thailand. It is quite difficult for foreigners.

In Germany everybody has to register at the district office. Not so in Thailand. Thai are only registered in there house book. They don't need to something like a TM30 form. 

In Germany everybody is equal and there is one single price for everybody. If the district office would figure out dual pricing.. Shut down the shop right away.

In Germany every all car drivers are equal. Here they only punish the normal people.

And so on. 

If the TM30 would be really so easy, then make the system works first properly.

Even the motorbikes on the sidewalk can not be uploaded. 

FWIW, when I lived as a foreigner working in Germany I was required to:

1)Go to the Immigration office once per year to renew my Aufenthaltserlaubnis

2)Register my residence with police

That was it. Nothing else. I had to reregister the address with the police if I moved, but I never did. Move, that is.

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look I am sorry to keep harping on this issue but Thais could not delivery an effective price of online software as long as my backside points to the ground. E.g TM30 typical case of expectations vs reality.

But even their low level Movie Theater Software is rubbish.

It all starts at the requirements elicitation process, an agile development process, early modular user testing and acceptance and finally reentry modular integration.

IMHO the TM30 project failed because of scope, budget or on-time delivery issues, that's why it's a price of crap.

The project owners should be hung and quartered.

Did any of those from TV or other expats or Thais have the opportunity as users to participate in any of the early testing ..I suspect NO!

The TM30 project owners are a bunch of morons that even if they outsourced the software development have no idea how to deliver a successful software solution.

Typical here, all about perception with poor substance underlining anything undertaken.

if Thai Immigration were serious it's an easy process they would have set up a TM30 review panel to solicit input on TM30 Apps issues and improvements and the business processes around its use.

invest in online TM30 phase II and do it right this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gunderhill said:

total  bunch of THAI BS this is  about MAKING  MONEY when officers  at Chaeng wattana want 1500 for a  password quickly  or a  fine of  800 for no receipt 1600  with receipt, anyone bring that up? would be brushed  aside with "show  us the evidence"  like an  officer is  going to write  it down or be recorded  saying it etc.

It's time gentlemen!  400 baht - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-Mini-Camcorder-Dash-Cam-Body-Motorcycle-Bike-Motion-Action-DV-Camera/254225268114?epid=8026200447&hash=item3b3101bd92:g:ZPoAAOSwErJc09WS

I've got one. Do you have yours yet? Maybe if they suspect we might be wearing one, they might do their damn jobs correctly. ????

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No you don't. That's for a permanent residency.

There are tons of way to stay in germany without the need to pass anything language related.

Sorry guys, that's wrong. 

You can't get a residency without speaking the language. 

But you can stay and do a integration course with at least 600 hrs German language. 

In case you don't believe simply enter google. 

And there are not tons of ways to stay legally. 

But going to Ireland or Uk it's much easier. 

23 minutes ago, zydeco said:

FWIW, when I lived as a foreigner working in Germany I was required to:

1)Go to the Immigration office once per year to renew my Aufenthaltserlaubnis

2)Register my residence with police

That was it. Nothing else. I had to reregister the address with the police if I moved, but I never did. Move, that is.

About opening a bank account in Thailand. Every farang can open a savings account,even on a tourist visa. You just have to choose the right bank AND have the correct documents. Bangkok Bank has no problem what so ever if you are on a tourist visa as long as you have the correct identification.

At Kasikorn Bank it's even easier if you have a retirement visa. Then you only need your passport,and you have a savings account incl. ATM card with VISA Debit in about 30min. 

52 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

My wife asked the immigration in Mukdahan straight:

Do you need a T30 if my husband goes to another province?

The straight answer to that was: NO. We only need the T30 if he has been to another country.

That question has been asked 3 times, and every time answered the same:

“Only if he has been to another country”

I asked Mukdahan immigration 3 days ago if i needed to file a TM30 after a 1 night stay in Nakon Penhom and the whole office said that yes, I did, so I think that the rule has been updated...

1 hour ago, TG911 said:

That comparison doesn't even make sense, when you know that people on here are talking about Thai Officials vs. Farang complains, and how they are handled. We're not talking about a beach vendor ???? There is reality and wishful thinking.

It does. Because what the OP say is that there is no idea to complain as they do not listen, and it is the same with the sand on the beach. Where you get that about beach vendor from I do not know. 

14 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

But you can stay and do a integration course with at least 600 hrs German language. 

You're saying it's easy for a common poor Thai person to enter UK and stay there? Really??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

One can say/ complain or try to persuade Thais to listen to change some rules . It never will happen , We are the Aliens, they are in charge and won't change or lose face to outsiders/aliens.   

You are probably right, but after saying this you maybe should canhge your quote "If you don't try you will never know" to something else.

Oh well they do. 
If you want to stay as a Thai in Germany you have to pass a test in German language on intermediate level. [emoji48]

No you don’t. My wife gets permanent residency in 1998. No test at that time. she went to Volkshochschule and learn German in country.
If you want to go to university you have to pass such test

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I said it's for permant residency? 

And yes there are tons of ways to stay in Germany legally, the spouse visa doesn't need a passed language test, just extremely basic german skills (that are barely checked at all).

With any of these visas you are also automatically able to work in germany without any work permit non sense.

There are generally way more ways to stay in the EU from investment visa to golden visas (portugal, spain, greece) etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parsve said:

You are probably right, but after saying this you maybe should canhge your quote "If you don't try you will never know" to something else.

I'm always trying to understand what's behind many of the laws,rules and regulations. The way I see it is, many of the laws,if not everyone, was written a long time ago in another world for a different type of people. In Europe and in other western countries we are used to changes in laws and regulations because the world changes. That logic doesn't exist here. The TM30 crap is 40 years old,and maybe it worked back then. The Thai government incl. Immigration could easily change the ways things has to be done,and still maintain "national security". BUT,it seems that their logic thinking is totally messed up, and they actually don't see the problems and the solutions. I think there are high ranked IO that understands the problem,but they can't speak up because that's not the way you do it in Thailand.

7 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

I can only quoted from an official statement from immigration

"Tourist visa is exempt"

Myself, proof because this year already i  make extensions and not been asked for this TM30.

Because what you have read from someone here doesnt make it fact.

Is actually quite common of social media

and especially on Thaivisa..

guys with nothing better to do all day than make a  troll comment for attention and to stir some Sหit!

I'm not ploughing through 30 pages so sorry if the following has already been said:

I can promise you 100% that if you extend a Tourist Visa at Jomtien, you need a TM30,  **OR** proof that the hotel or wherever you're staying has completed one for you.

I can make that promise because for the last 3 years (2017, 2018, 2019)  I (UK PP holder). have extended a SETV at Jomtien and provided exactly that.

On all 3 occasions, the IO has accepted the proof from my accommodation and handed the TM30 which I'd prepared "just in case" back to me.

This has been the situation for ME, not for a "friend"

And this last time the gentleman ahead of me in the queue (German PP) got pulled aside because he had neither of the aforementioned documents.

Edited by VBF

I said it's for permant residency? 

And yes there are tons of ways to stay in Germany legally, the spouse visa doesn't need a passed language test, just extremely basic german skills (that are barely checked at all).
With any of these visas you are also automatically able to work in germany without any work permit non sense.
There are generally way more ways to stay in the EU from investment visa to golden visas (portugal, spain, greece) etc. 

This is correct.my wife has got permanent residency after5 years in country, no test at that time The sister of my wife the same, but she has to do a test because she applied for university

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, today is the 16th of August and I just tried to register online for that Section 38 App. Let's see what happens. I give it 4 weeks, give or take and then it will not work. How do I install Internet Explorer in Android? ????

Edited by MadMac

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Exactly like it should be then. Usually the way in most countries where foreigners settle down. They do not have the capacity to change the law and administrative factors.

How do you mean?  

It's not usually the way in any country to make people report where they are for a long weekend (unless your a criminal on probation)  

My wife certainly doesn't have to report here whereabouts in Australia ????

• Like 1

Sorry if after all those pages I still do not understand everything.
I rent my place in Samui I thought the TM30, I mean when back home after a few days, had to be filled by the owner, not by me, how could "I" give it within 24 hours to the immigration?
My owner is an old Thai lady, she own five house in Samui, I'm in the same house for seven years, so we know each other well and have a good relationship.  
She do not live in Samui anymore but in Surat Thani. Now when I will be back home I will have to give her a phone call to tell her I'm back? It seems ridiculous.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, craigieboy1973 said:

This is Thailand don't like it leave simple .... Thai's will never listen to reason

Let´s say like this. Our version of simple and reasonable things, might not be the same as theirs. You are in their culture and their way of thinking when you choose Thailand. Ever thought about that?

• Like 1