TM30: “It’s really not that hard”, immigration official tells foreigners

webfact

51 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Does the Immigration department of your country impose laws meant for visitors on you?

Yes of course,

All reporting laws are equal in our country. Same applies no matter what nationality someone has.

In Short, my home country doesn't discriminate between someone with a German or someone with a Thai passport.

Everyone's equal in front of the law.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

No, you can't. Look up the word 'free'. Recording your whereabouts online or in person isn't freedom. If you forget to do it, you get fined.

In the real world, you don't just get to say what you like and have people believe you. Life doesn't work like that. You will get called out when you're talking b*****. 

Yes, I get to say exactly what I like, and oyu can call out as much as you want. You are the one seeing everything as a problem and just over and over come back or continue to stay in Thailand. Must be nice to make yourself suffer. Keep up the good work!

I do not have any kind of problem and are doing my filing of what they ask for. I am happy and living a good life in Thailand without having or creating problem to make myself feel unwanted and tracked.

After you evaluate above info, you can then consider who is full of b*****.

12 minutes ago, Parsve said:

So you mean that if you are sitting on a beach eating a sandwich and get it full of sand, you not complain, just go on and enjoy your food?

That comparison doesn't even make sense, when you know that people on here are talking about Thai Officials vs. Farang complains, and how they are handled. We're not talking about a beach vendor ???? There is reality and wishful thinking.

It's going to be so much fun riding the bike around Thailand and to the GP this year through 3 provinces ???? Clocking in every 24h on your phone where you are ????

19 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Right.......

And if the UK did have this problem, do you think the TM30 would help? 

It would certainly soak up a lot more unemployed from an earlier outpost of the Great Britain Empire. 

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I get to say exactly what I like, and oyu can call out as much as you want. You are the one seeing everything as a problem and just over and over come back or continue to stay in Thailand. Must be nice to make yourself suffer. Keep up the good work!

I do not have any kind of problem and are doing my filing of what they ask for. I am happy and living a good life in Thailand without having or creating problem to make myself feel unwanted and tracked.

After you evaluate above info, you can then consider who is full of b*****.

I did, and it's still you. I have a dog in this fight - you don't. 

Use your common sense!
This TM-30 document procedure is pure and utter nonsense.
When you submit your TM-30 docs, you will NEVER ever receive confirmation.
No less that 3 email addresses we distribute to: 

Zero confirmation.

Registration should be done with a online APP instead.
I know they tried that in the beginning but their site crashed....

There is NOBODY that keeps record on these TM-30 docs.

7 minutes ago, digger70 said:

One can say/ complain or try to persuade Thais to listen to change some rules . It never will happen , We are the Aliens, they are in charge and won't change or lose face to outsiders/aliens.   :jap:

Rubbish.

All this country cares about is money and if they see money drying up and TAT, Hotel lobby and co complaining it will be gone sooner rather than later.

You need to realize the immigration department mindset, in their minds they aren’t there to make things easier for foreigners, quite the opposite and the more you try to convince them to do so the more stubborn and belligerent they’ll become. It’s like trying to take a bone away from a stubborn dog, the more you pull, the harder they hold on.

16 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

All this country cares about is money and if they see money drying up and TAT, Hotel lobby and co complaining it will be gone sooner rather than later.

Yes, correct. Because then it's a Thai (or Thai authority) saying it ... not a Farang (or Farang petition).

So what Digger70 said is not Rubbish, but spot on.

A better way/strategy would have been to somehow get a Thai authority on your side and have them do it for you. But of course, how to do that or get this accomplished? Very difficult.

That's the Thai way ... find a Thai with authority and have them do it. You have a pause in the background. Best chances to get something accomplished.

5 hours ago, Chazar said:

Call the head of  immigration ,  he'll  tell you how easy it  all is "its  really not that hard"

@Chazar, thanks that was helpful information for someone asking a legitimate question.  

I just registered on the app, and got my user name/password confirmed within 10 minutes, but have you seen what permissions the app wants? access to everything on your phone and permission to control it, I refused all permissions except location and guess what? it doesn't work without all  the rest of the permissions...

Comments anyone? 

9 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Use your common sense!
This TM-30 document procedure is pure and utter nonsense.
When you submit your TM-30 docs, you will NEVER ever receive confirmation.
No less that 3 email addresses we distribute to: 

Zero confirmation.

Registration should be done with a online APP instead.
I know they tried that in the beginning but their site crashed....

There is NOBODY that keeps record on these TM-30 docs.

Maybe we should think of it like a Christmas card: you send it without expectations of any kind of reciprocation.

Ahhh, the gift of giving... "Kumbayaa, mi lord, kumbayaa..."

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Same with me, except Jomthien and no WP. Tabian baan and pink id are in the Thai civil system which Thai immigration does not use. In other words, pretty useless.

What type of visa are you on? I was told at Jomtien that if you are on a marriage or retirement extension then no need to complete one other than reporting a change to your permanent residence. Since then, 18 months ago, for me that has proved to be the case.

5 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Rubbish.

I think you'll find that that's what all countries care about. They might say, or allude to, otherwise, but just you try and deprive them of it and see that monster unleash itself.

Do as I say, not as I do!

Does a non-censored transcript of this meeting exist for us forum readers? 

Can and will the original poster, or another poster, provide it here for us to read?

I'm curious about all the questions which were asked by the audience and each reply to the same. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They probably wonder why the farang doesn't move closer to the immigration office.

Had I stayed in the village, I'd have had to stay overnight to do an extension, assuming I had all the paperwork. I solved that by moving to Lamphun.

Obviously there are those that don't want to leave the village, but in the end, that's their choice, be it hard or not to do so. When they married someone living far away from an immigration office they must have known it would be hard to extend their visas.

So what you actual is saying is that if you fell in love with a woman and want to married her. Your first question will be "do you live near an IO, if not I can not married you". I am pretty sure that will never happen even to you.

8 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Just hope other countries will do the same thing to the Thai people as they do to us.

Oh well they do. 

If you want to stay as a Thai in Germany you have to pass a test in German language on intermediate level. ????

There’s no real logical reason for immigration rubbing expats noses in the TM30 forms other than to exert power/control as a means to sweeten the bitterness felt from being a citizen of a country of so many numbnuts and being occasionally sneered at by wobbling mounds white trash in wife-beaters here by the grace of currency exchange rates.

10 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

I just registered on the app, and got my user name/password confirmed within 10 minutes, but have you seen what permissions the app wants? access to everything on your phone and permission to control it, I refused all permissions except location and guess what? it doesn't work without all  the rest of the permissions...

Comments anyone? 

You mean it could protentially act like this? ????

97193_PT3000.gif

8 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Did they say whether a TM30 must be filed when returning from another province or just from out of the country?

My wife asked the immigration in Mukdahan straight:

Do you need a T30 if my husband goes to another province?

The straight answer to that was: NO. We only need the T30 if he has been to another country.

That question has been asked 3 times, and every time answered the same:

“Only if he has been to another country”

8 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Immigration will look you in the face and lie how the TM 30 keep us safe.  They are only saying this crap because they boss wants to keep it and no other reason.   The good guys do the form the bad ones don't.    You also give us a piece of crap website to us and try to convince us it works and we are doing it wrong not them.  Just hope other countries will do the same thing to the Thai people as they do to us.

They already do so. Its far more Difficult For Thais to reside and live in other countries especially places like the UK And even Brits have to face a lot of  BS problems when they try to bring their girlfriends or wives to the UK. If I was a Thai immigration officer I would ask the people at the meeting why not treat our people a bit better and make it easier for them which at the present it certainly isn't

About the only "national security" implication is that the hundreds of thousands of shredded forms can be used to fill those brown plastic sandbags which they are so fond of placing around security posts at government complexes and police posts in rural areas. Whilst it is true that they would not stop a three year old having a moderate temper tantrum, neither would the single row of half filled loosely packed ones they currently use, and at least the paper filled ones would be easier to hump about!

????

13 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Oh well they do. 

If you want to stay as a Thai in Germany you have to pass a test in German language on intermediate level. ????

No you don't. That's for a permanent residency.

There are tons of way to stay in germany without the need to pass anything language related.

However, there are a number of exceptions. Your spouse does not require any knowledge of German to obtain a visa or a residence permit if:

You are an EU Blue Card holder.

You are working in Germany as a highly qualified worker or a research scientist.

Your spouse has a university degree.

TM30: “It’s really not that hard”, immigration official tells 

Foreigners.

Forget about how hard or easy it is, the TM30 is nothing more than plain bullying and blackmail, no non criminal should be reporting to anyone, the vast majority of us expats and tourists are decent people and want to be law abiding citizens, living here, some of us taking Thai families out of poverty, contribute to the Thai economy.

23 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Comments anyone? 

I suspect that is probably a standard app making template requirement rather than a policy.

I doubt that they would even know where or how to start collecting or using that information.

I would like to make some suggestions to Mr Immigration officer.

-First you need to lower level of corruption inside Immigration and police, etc... 

-Second instead of investing in unnecessary thing (Submarine trying to compete with Malaysia) 

You should instead invest into more staff around borders, invest into infrared or heat scan technology and put it on borders for you can stop illegals to cross the borders because is easier to come to Thailand without passport than with one

Than you can start excuses that foreigners are terrorists. Because we know we are not welcomed here you just make it more obvious with every step. But first as is saying in my country clean up mess infront of your doors and after start think and blame others. 

In Germany everybody can open an bank account. Not so in Thailand. It is quite difficult for foreigners.

In Germany everybody has to register at the district office. Not so in Thailand. Thai are only registered in there house book. They don't need to something like a TM30 form. 

In Germany everybody is equal and there is one single price for everybody. If the district office would figure out dual pricing.. Shut down the shop right away.

In Germany every all car drivers are equal. Here they only punish the normal people.

And so on. 

If the TM30 would be really so easy, then make the system works first properly.

Even the motorbikes on the sidewalk can not be uploaded. 

Archived