Songs Which Remind You Of a Part Of Your Life.

NoshowJones

Which songs when you hear them remind you of what part of your life. In the few weeks leading up

to me coming to live in Thailand, I was listening a lot to Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis, then

in the early part of my living in Thailand, it was Angel Band by George Jones and Vestal Goodman.

• Thanks 1

Then to be wife had this  playing in her <deleted>ehole cockroach infested condo when I first met her in 2006, Married that year 13  years  ago, moved out of the dump, she  now  owns 7  condos in Central  BKK outright of her own with my initial  help for the first 3.

Edited by Chazar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

Then to be wife had this  playing in her <deleted>ehole cockroach infested condo when I first met her in 2006, Married that year 13  years  ago, moved out of the dump, she  now  owns 7  condos in Central  BKK outright of her own with my initial  help for the first 3.

Wow! A Chevy Chevette. I had all but forgotten...

And your story - impressive. Congratulations.

1973, the year I first learnt how to roll a cigarette....:wink:

Later that year, I was with a prospective girlfriend, & after doing the above, heartily puked my guts up. She wasn't interested in seeing me again- can't think why!! ????

• Like 2

It is amazing how a particular song can bring up a special memory of a place and time in the past that you associate with that song. However, at 71 my memory seems to be fading, and oftentimes I hear on old song and I know it has very special meaning, but I can't seem to recall the time, place or event that makes it special for me. Sometimes it will come back to me later, but oftentimes it seems to be erased from my memory. Or, I will hear a song and can actually see the singer in my mind, but I have forgotten their name...and these would be well known singers like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston or Celine Dion for example. I don't think it's Alzheimer's, but just a touch of old age dementia. I suppose that's gonna' happen to us all one day.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

I don't think it's Alzheimer's, but just a touch of old age dementia

Hi Fit... Alz. is a form of dementia... and yes, you should get it checked out... it could just be some meds that are making you fuzzy or it could be the beginning of problems that you will need to make some provisions for... there is a certain type and amount of forgetting that we all do, and names of songs, singers, actors is not uncommon. Your writing is clear so I hope all is well for you, but if you truly suspect a problem an early diagnosis will give you time to plan...

Best of luck to you.. 

Leaving on a jet plane by Peter, Paul and Mary.

I worked offshore from 1991 to 2009, a couple of weeks here and there, several months in one place, 3 or 4 years in another.

It cost me a wife and son in the UK and gained me a wife and son in Thailand.

Since 2009 I have only flown once in 2009 from BKK to Nakhon Si Thammarat and I can truly say I don't miss it at all.

• Like 2

When I first went to Pattaya you could not escape this song.

Then every night in Thermaes it was one or the other of these songs on the Juke Box.

The last was so popular that a Thai version of it appeared. 

Last train to Udon.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1