Trump says Melania has 'gotten to know' Kim Jong Un, but they have never met

webfact

More underhanded digs at Trump by the MSM.  Will it ever stop?  Let the American people have the President they elected for his term. Let them decide if they wish to elect him for a second term. Stop running interference. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

So what you are trying to say is that we dont know trump but can know him because of his many statements. So Melania has never met Kim but can also know him because of his statements etc.

The problem with that is we know all about trump because he is a media whore who craves attention so much he lies just to get his name in lights.

On the flipside Kim is a recluse, he likes to be hidden and only pips his head up when he actually needs something. Nothing public about him is ever good, everything about him is bad. So Melania would have no reason to like him.

She obviously liked Trump at one time, enough to bear his child, so who knows, perhaps she finds some endearing things about Kim

2 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Meanwhile...the world still waits for Obama's academic records (or lack thereof) to be un-sealed.

Nice try though.

Trump academic records and tax returns (all unsealed) are on their way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

We're told she speaks seven languages, so maybe that includes Korean?

Thank goodness she was able to get an Epstein Visa.

and maybe something else but the guy (unfortunately) is dead and we will never know

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

Who's "blaimng him for anything"?

Let's see. Just checking the first dozen of posts in this thread we have:

I was just thinking that maybe FLOTUS have read up on Kim Jong Un..? Judging by the comments quoted, the posters on here seem to know Trump awfully well... so the question is if they have met him?

I didn't see any blaming, only see statement of facts....  and available all over the news outlets for the ones missing some of his press conferences and/or twitter rampings

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I didn't see any blaming, only see statement of facts....  and available all over the news outlets for the ones missing some of his press conferences and/or twitter rampings

Where are the statement of facts? 

16 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Trump said. Perhaps he could have phrased it a bit differently, but I understand completely what he was talking about. One can walk down the street and ask 100 people if they know Jesus Christ and most everyone will say yes. However, there's a big difference in having personal knowledge "about" someone and having a personal relationship with that person. Perhaps 95% of those people know something about Jesus, but they have no intimate personal relationship with him. I have told my wife many things about some of my friends back home, and she knows enough about them based on my opinion and information that I have shared with her to form an opinion about them, but she has never met them. All you Trump haters need to start thinking for yourselves and quit allowing the mass media to put words in your mouth and form your opinions for you.  

Apart from evangelical Christians. most people would think that the person asking such a question was either an evangelical Christian or a loon. (no cheap shots, please). A bad example.

But if you were to ask them if they knew, say Vladimir Putin, they would of course say no. Unless they too were loons or you were asking someone who actually did know Putin or wanted to pretend that he or she knew Putin. But if you asked people if they know about Putin or knew who he is, more would answer in the affirmative.

Edited by bristolboy

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

feel free to do your home work... but a little help here 1- Melania met Kim NEVER hapen, 2 made a deal with NK, Never happen 3 made a deal with Japan Still working on it and far from final

Oh, I thought this was about the claims that FLOTUS "has gotten to know Kim Jon Un"....? But now you're telling me it's about some trade deal with NK and some other deal with Japan?

I have to admit, you lost me there. Completely. But I'd still be interested in the statement of facts. Where are they?

Opinions aren't facts.

• Haha 1

She obviously liked Trump at one time, enough to bear his child, so who knows, perhaps she finds some endearing things about Kim

It’s rather obvious that she has weak/shallow ability to correctly assess people from what we are able to see of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Oh, I thought this was about the claims that FLOTUS "has gotten to know Kim Jon Un"....? But now you're telling me it's about some trade deal with NK and some other deal with Japan?

I have to admit, you lost me there. Completely. But I'd still be interested in the statement of facts. Where are they?

Opinions aren't facts.

Flotus has not got to know Kim. Do you have any facts to show otherwise?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

ENJOY!!!!!

WH Admits Trump Lied About Melania Knowing Kim - Joe.My.God.

www.joemygod.com/2019/08/wh-admits-trump-lied...

7 hours ago · The Washington Post reports: President Trump on Monday claimed that first lady Melania Trump has “gotten to know” North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, prompting the White House to clarify that the two have never met. Trump made the comment at a news conference at the Group of 7 summit in Biarritz, France. While answering …

White House Says No Secret Melania Trump-Kim Jong Un Meeting

www.snopes.com/ap/2019/08/26/white-house-says-no...

White House Says No Secret Melania Trump-Kim Jong Un Meeting The White House is clarifying comments made by President Donald Trump during a news conference in France.

White House Admits Melania Trump Has Never Met Kim Jong-Un

www.mediaite.com/trump/white-house-admits...

White House Admits Melania Has Never Met Kim Jong Un After Trump Claims They’ve ‘Gotten to Know’ Each Other ... Stephanie Grisham released a statement on Monday ... president’s meetings ...

The Latest: WH says no secret first lady-Kim Jong Un meeting

www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-latest-wh-says...

No, first lady Melania Trump hasn't had any secret meetings with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The White House is clarifying comments made by President Donald Trump during a news conference in ...

The Latest: WH says no secret first lady-Kim Jong Un meeting

www.wthr.com/article/latest-wh-says-no-secret...

9 hours ago · No, first lady Melania Trump hasn't had any secret meetings with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. The White House is clarifying comments made by President Donald Trump during a news conference in France. He had said "the first lady has gotten to know" Kim and likely agrees he's "a man with a country that has tremendous potential."

Donald Trump makes bizarre claim that Melania 'got to know ...

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7395921/Donald...

14 hours ago · But his statement immediately raised questions of when the two could have met. Melania Trump did not accompany the president to his June 12, 2018 meeting with Kim in Singapore nor did she join the ...

White House Scrambles To Deny Trump’s Claim That Melania And ...

politicaldig.com/wh-scrambles-to-deny-trumps...

6 hours ago · “Kim Jong Un, who I’ve gotten to know extremely well, the first lady has gotten to know Kim Jong Un and I think she would agree with me, he is a man with a country that has tremendous potential.” As Trump mentioned his wife, a camera cut to Melania in the audience, who cocked her head slightly and looked somewhat quizzically at the president.

Melania Trump humiliated as White House forced to apologise ...

newslanes.com/2019/08/27/melania-trump...

The White House issued a clarification on Monday stating the First Lady did not personally know the North Korean supreme leader like Trump claimed. Trump gave

Have you actually read the articles you refer to (though incomplete since you have pasted the links as text rendering them useless...)?

One of the few statements of fact in there is a White House official statement:

President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim.

While the First Lady hasn’t met him, the President feels like she’s gotten to know him too.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, losworld said:

More underhanded digs at Trump by the MSM.  Will it ever stop?  Let the American people have the President they elected for his term. Let them decide if they wish to elect him for a second term. Stop running interference. 

the majority of american people didn't elect him..... he was "helped" to get there, per his recent claims, he's the chosen one

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Who said they were?

Maybe just fall back to calling this gaffe an "alternative fact"? And let it go.

Unless you think you "know" what trump meant? Since his favorite book is "The Bible", maybe he was referring to knowing someone "in the biblical sense"? But then trump has said he doesn't "know" Stormy Daniels, so there you go. (He "knew" her for all of 90 seconds.)

Just waiting for the "Hurricane Remediation Planning NSC Session" thread..."nobody knows more about hurricanes than me"..."everyone's telling me to nuke that hurricane"

I don't know what he meant. That's my point. A lot of posters on here seem to believe they do, though. You should probably ask them.

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So, assuming you don't "know" any of the other posters here how can you possibly know what they mean?

Maybe best to stop digging?

Have you ever come across the term "oxymoron"...?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, zydeco said:

All pointless anyway. Just another incoherent illogical statement from Trump. His or his wife's knowing Kim has nothing to do with assessing North Korea's potential prosperity. It's a non sequitur--in addition to being another Trump lie.

Agree with you, pointless regarding North Korea issues. But not pointless regarding Trump's thinking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Melania to donald...

"Dahlink, what is a "dotard"?

"Honey, it's the best tard ever."

Kim's statement, Sep. 22, 2017

“A frightened dog barks louder.”

“He is unfit to hold the prerogative of supreme command of a country, and he is surely a rogue and a gangster fond of playing with fire, rather than a politician.”

“Whatever Trump might have expected, he will face results beyond his expectation. I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

• Haha 1