Trump says Melania has 'gotten to know' Kim Jong Un, but they have never met

webfact

25 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I don't understand who is trying to impress by claiming this.  His fanbase will defend anything he says, right up to claiming the Earth is flat.  But what is his motivation here?  It must be the real estate development deal.

I can fathom, I can understand how a person saying his Wife "knows" someone, can be possible if the two had never met 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I can fathom, I can understand how a person saying his Wife "knows" someone, can be possible if the two had never met 

sexting?

First off, truth is not a factor with DT, he has no use for it.  But what is he thinking he'll gain by saying things like "Melania has gotten to know Kim"?  Why talk about his own love letters from Kim?  What about the fire and fury against Little Rocket Man?  DT is a quid pro quo kind of guy, none of the "big picture" bs for boyo.  I can come up with only two things: the real estate deal (for those who don't know what this means, see his press conference after the Singapore meeting) or a Nobel prize, possibly both. 

7 minutes ago, bendejo said:

sexting?

First off, truth is not a factor with DT, he has no use for it.  But what is he thinking he'll gain by saying things like "Melania has gotten to know Kim"?  Why talk about his own love letters from Kim?  What about the fire and fury against Little Rocket Man?  DT is a quid pro quo kind of guy, none of the "big picture" bs for boyo.  I can come up with only two things: the real estate deal (for those who don't know what this means, see his press conference after the Singapore meeting) or a Nobel prize, possibly both. 

I do think that you are over analyzing the comment , as is the media .

Every word he says seems to get minutely dissected .

I do think that what he meant was that he got to know Kim so well , that even his Wife knows him as well , but , lets not think too much about his comment , hes probably said something else that we can talk about

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do think that what he meant was that he got to know Kim so well , that even his Wife knows him as well , but , lets not think too much about his comment , hes probably said something else that we can talk about

Because Trump doesn't consistently make things up? He even denies having said things that are recorded on video. It's not a case of "minute" dissection. It's obvious how this should be construed. It's you who's going to tortured lengths to try and reconcile his language with reality.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

sexting?

There's no point. He just starts with a basic lie, then goes on to embellish it with nonsense. The unneeded bits are daft when it comes to fact checking, but maybe work as anchors (as in memory) for fan base.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

"Every word he says seems to get minutely dissected."

That kinda comes with the territory. Wasn't different with other Presidents, just that they didn't speak so much nonsense like the current one. Nor did they engage in constant idiotic lies and half truth.

Interesting that supposedly negative "over analyzing" is rejected, while a more supportive version is offered.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

It’s just Donald blabbing nonsense nothing more

Seems entirely possible. The guy who mixed up Toledo and Dayton could easily have confused Melania and Ivanka.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/27/did-president-trump-confuse-wife-melania-with-daughter-ivanka-in-comments-about-kim-jong-un/

8 hours ago, bendejo said:
12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

his strong relationship with Chairman Kim

I don't understand who is trying to impress by claiming this.  His fanbase will defend anything he says, right up to claiming the Earth is flat.  But what is his motivation here?  It must be the real estate development deal.

Trump wants to be viewed as a winner and great leader who can solve all the world's problems that no one else can.  Of course he's failed miserably in nearly every case.  Trump wants the Nobel Peace Prize because President Obama's got one.  And if he can solve the N. Korea problem--if even just temporary--then he'll insist he deserves one.  But he has no idea how to do it.  He thinks by being Kim Jong's buddy, N. Korea will somehow give him his "win."  He thinks flattery will work on others because it sure as heck works on him.  But other world leaders aren't that stupid. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mania said:

Actually I think the fact that you & others have spent 11 pages discussing it say otherwise

There's no point, or rather, no real point to many of Trump's lies. Discussing his lies and lying habit is a different matter. Then again, wasting time on pointless TVF discussions isn't a new phenomenon.

15 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Kim has sent Trump several incredibly beautiful letters composed in English that Melania has surely also read. 

Beautiful indeed :

Kim's statement about Trump on Sep. 22, 2017

“A frightened dog barks louder.”

“He is unfit to hold the prerogative of supreme command of a country, and he is surely a rogue and a gangster fond of playing with fire, rather than a politician.”
“Whatever Trump might have expected, he will face results beyond his expectation. I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sanemax said:

Ok, Mr Kellyanne.  But what about....

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1