Thailand to acquire 120 U.S. armoured vehicles

20 minutes ago, pegman said:

What about the 1,200 mile high speed train China is building in Thailand? Is that part of their resistance role? You Yanks are on a death spiral to  irrelevance.  The sooner you realize that the better.  

One can accept a gift from the dragon and still punch it in the face. Europe is a perfect example.

Us yanks are only irrelevant in some places until the poop hits the hatari. Then it's help me, help me.

On the other hand, in places where history isn't forgotten and where they are under the threat of territorial expansion, us yanks are quite relevant all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well, i guess they will park them on the air craft carrier when they break down and do not know to fix them or have parts.

oh, i am sorry they can park them with all the fire trucks that are rotting.

it will be hard to find a place to park the submarines.

36 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

One can accept a gift from the dragon and still punch it in the face. Europe is a perfect example.

Us yanks are only irrelevant in some places until the poop hits the hatari. Then it's help me, help me.

On the other hand, in places where history isn't forgotten and where they are under the threat of territorial expansion, us yanks are quite relevant all the time.

have a wild guess which NATO member invoked article 5 ?

its only one nation that begged for aid, now guess who ????

The Stryker...a Canadian built military vehicle.

Built in Canada by General Dynamics Land Systems Canada, for the U.S. Army. 

Very nice vehicle for the purposes intended. 

Can be built with a variety of weapons systems to suit the customer’s needs up to a 105mm gun, with 50 cal, or 7.62 secondary machine guns. 

Can carry up to nine soldiers with their personal small arms. 

4 wheel drive switchable to 8 wheel drive on run-flat military special heavy duty tires. 

Nice vehicle. ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

More toys for the boys they'll never play with.  This military government just loves spending the country's money on themselves 

and now we know one of the reasons why they keep appreciating the Baht vs USD

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

This country disgusts me more and more every day.

Recently visited a Thai friend critically ill at a government hospital.

APPALLING was the first word that came to mind when I walked into this disgrace they call hospital.

I thought I had travelled back in time to WWII !

And these incompetent corrupt losers in Bangkok have nothing better to do than waste our taxes on this garbage from the US only to use it again against their own people when the time comes.

Time for FFP to clean up this mess of a country for once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What is FFP ?????

3 hours ago, shaurene said:

Many countries in the world buy stuff like this to replace old vehicles to keep the army ready for anything. 

They are getting a good deal with the free ones.

my father (may he rest in peace) always told me, there's absolutely Nothing for free

25 minutes ago, Catoni said:

The Stryker...a Canadian built military vehicle.

Built in Canada by General Dynamics Land Systems Canada, for the U.S. Army. 

Very nice vehicle for the purposes intended. 

Can be built with a variety of weapons systems to suit the customer’s needs up to a 105mm gun, with 50 cal, or 7.62 secondary machine guns. 

Can carry up to nine soldiers with their personal small arms. 

4 wheel drive switchable to 8 wheel drive on run-flat military special heavy duty tires. 

Nice vehicle. ????

in my wish list for XMas

14 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

time to shoot some citizens again, they haven't done it for quite a while

it's not like Thai army ever fought against someone else

I'd check that out, the young lad did active duty beside the Oz guy's in Timor under UN flag and I'm pretty sure the Thai military have done tour duties  in Afghanistan and Iraq

The way its going they will be using them against their own

Oh according to AMM the head of the army (Yes that nice chappie with all the medals ) was visiting Germany by Thai government plane ..probably visiting friends! 

48 minutes ago, chainarong said:

I'd check that out, the young lad did active duty beside the Oz guy's in Timor under UN flag and I'm pretty sure the Thai military have done tour duties  in Afghanistan and Iraq

Thais were not allowed outside the wire in Iraq and even had other troops guarding the camp. 2 were killed and 5 injured in 2002 during an attack on the camp. As far as I am aware they have not served in Afghan (there is a wiki stub with no details dated 2012) . Currently (as of reports in Dec 18) they have nearly 300 troops in S Sudan.  Thailand provided the Force Commander in E Timor, along with other troops. As for the guy who called you out he is clearly unaware of the contribution the RTA made in Vietnam, where they had a very positive reputation.

For those knocking this buy will you be there giving it all when headline reads 'soldiers killed due to operating 50 year old vehicles not providing enough protection'.

ALL militaries need to keep up with modern technology. As a result of Afghan there have been huge leaps forward in vehicle and personal protection. Although these vehicles are not currently being deployed to the south they could be. It would be negligent for ANY military not to try and preserve the lives of their troops. As for Bangkok these vehicles are bulky and not suited to urban operations, as the US found out in Iraq. The BTRs and tracked vehicles deployed during the coup could only use main routes.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A defence ministry source told Reuters that Thailand paid for 47 vehicles and the U.S. would supply 23 free in this year's purchase

With respects, a buy two get one free offer must mean the company is either desperate to offload them or they are old rubbish

21 minutes ago, poohy said:

The way its going they will be using them against their own

Oh according to AMM the head of the army (Yes that nice chappie with all the medals ) was visiting Germany by Thai government plane ..probably visiting friends! 

You DO know who lives there don't you?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Japanese invasion of Thailand:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_invasion_of_Thailand

That's why the Bridge On The River Kwai  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_on_the_River_Kwai

is such a well know film. How else could the Japanese have run a prisoner of war camp in Kanchanaburi, unless they invaded Thailand?

I think he was referring to the limited action at Ao Manao, south of Phuket, (in Kirikhan prachuab, I think), when the poster said he didn't know about that little known fact.

The Thais did hold off the Japanese for a significant period until told to stand down and there is a very good Video documentary of it on YouTube

3 hours ago, pegman said:

What about the 1,200 mile high speed train China is building in Thailand? Is that part of their resistance role? You Yanks are on a death spiral to  irrelevance.  The sooner you realize that the better.  

Where High speed China train you have see ?

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

China is a brutal expansionist power  that pays homage to the murderous Marxist ideology that has killed millions.

France doesn't have concentration camps do they? Does Thailand? Let's not forget the uighers. Imperfect democracies are better than the raw naked fascism of China.

There won't be a shooting war between the USA and China. That's a war history teaches us they can't win. Doubt the present Chinese regime will survive as it is past the next few years, unless the west loses its will.

China is a brutal expansionist power that has killed how many foreign civilians since the beginning of this century? 

And how many killed by the benevolent Americans? 

How many countries destroyed by each of these two giants? 

China may or may not have bad intentions, but with the US we are dealing with facts, not intentions! 

Of course, destroying entire countries in the name of democracy is not at all the same as following Marxism ideology. 

It's like the crusades... made in name of the God of the christians, thus perfectly acceptable...

More and more people think that a war between the US and China is becoming inevitable... among the latest, the president of the UK central bank... 

The fact that no one can win such a war is certainly not going to stop the US, which has been unable to win a single war since 1945, and yet has been constantly involved in armed conflicts since then... 

• Like 1