British PM to suspend parliament before Brexit, opposition denounces 'coup'

webfact

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

meaning still no constitution........ Uncodified. Absent from legislative statutes and existing only by virtue of the common law. Sometimes used in a wider sense to refer to principles that are entirely unwritten.

Just because it's not all on a single sheet of A4 does not mean it is not a constitution. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Just because it's not all on a single sheet of A4 does not mean it is not a constitution. 

I didn't say it, I couldn't care less.... they say it (google it and you will see whom is saying it)

17 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

I found this today by Hugh Grant :

"You will not <deleted> with my children’s future. You will not destroy the freedoms my grandfather fought two world wars to defend. <deleted> off you over-promoted rubber bath toy. Britain is revolted by you and you little gang of masturbatory prefects. "

PERFECT 

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why do actors, ex footballers and others who have never had a proper job think they can lecture the country on politics? If I was a remainer I'd be embarrassed to repeat this quote. Unless you take all your moral and political guidance from actor Hugh Grant? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why do actors, ex footballers and others who have never had a proper job think they can lecture the country on politics? If I was a remainer I'd be embarrassed to repeat this quote. Unless you take all your moral and political guidance from actor Hugh Grant? 

Don't you think that Johnson is an actor? Well no, more of a puppet really with Cummings pulling his strings.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It was a tongue in cheek remark but all those who wont respect the democratic referendum result and are trying to overturn the result, by undemocratic means, for starters.

To those who would rather see the UK suffer and be punished by the EU.

That will do for now.

What about those who won't respect parliamentary democracy? Are they traitors too? If yes (and it is yes) put BJ and the queen on your list.

5 hours ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

And I can see why you prefer insults to answering interesting questions....

The court cases supporting the remain cause receive full media coverage, whereas Tilbrook's case was barely mentioned.

Evadgib raised an interesting point:-

Personally, I think it is because Boris is looking for May's agreement - with only a few tweaks on the backstop.

I think that's probably true. He might get a time limited backstop using the Alternative Arrangements Commission report as the framework. 

Talking of the Alternative Arrangements Commission report, funny how the 'leaked' Yellowhammer no deal project fear contents were all over the media for several days, yet the plans we now have to avoid a backstop seem to be non news. It's almost as if the mainstream media execs don't want us to leave the EU....????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What about those who won't respect parliamentary democracy? Are they traitors too? If yes (and it is yes) put BJ and the queen on your list.

Most of those who won't respect parliamentary democracy are the U-turn MP's themselves. Or maybe they didn't know what they were voting for, for the last 4 years?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Most of those who won't respect parliamentary democracy are the U-turn MP's themselves. Or maybe they didn't know what they were voting for, for the last 4 years?

They still don't know what they're voting for, Johnson hasn't got a plan yet.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Well, imagine I would be at Hyde Park or Hugh Grant would be there and have this say..... whom do you think people would listen to? 

Is that enough for an answer? ????

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Food for thought for both sides:

(Content not poster please, including the narrator)

He managed to do that in a somewhat boring tone of voice and didn't even crack a smile until the very end.

As for the content, if we are to believe what he said is correct (I have no way of knowing that) Then it is a fait accompli and nothing can be done to halt it.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

The wonderful Jacob Rees-Mogg.

I do hate it when the talking heads keep interrupting the person that they are interviewing. It is extremely bad manners and by constantly interrupting the guest the guest cannot finish answering the question.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I do hate it when the talking heads keep interrupting the person that they are interviewing. It is extremely bad manners and by constantly interrupting the guest the guest cannot finish answering the question.

He was bored to death, poor chap.