D-Day! September heralds the start of less carnage on the Thai roads

webfact

unless drivers 'always have an out'.... any other simple solutions, as well as enforcement, will not go very far at all.  example, 'driving slow is safer' when in fact, for many drivers in Southeast Asia, there is danger at any speed, so that one doesn't help at all and actually doesn't contain any kernel of reality to it either safety wise.  I have never even heard or read in Thailand the concept of 'always having an out', which many times does mean driving very slow.......... but not without thinking going on as to the road situation as well as anything that might happen.  not just driving slow.  but being tired, or on medication or "alcohol" or talking too much are simple rules.  but that also is covered by the 'always have an out' rule because your 'outs' in those conditions mean you can't even be driving.  at any speed.  

Edited by WeekendRaider
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kotsak said:

Till next September ????

Next September. You have a lot of confidence mate... LOL

Snide remarks aside, let's see where this goes. Not really going to hold my breath, but I do hope something good comes out of this, and that it's not another flash-in-the-pan limp-<deleted> scheme after all the razzmatazz has died down.

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

I was traveling during the last crackdown at new year. All vans were examined at bus stations. This involved the driver handing a stack of papers to a man at a desk who stamped them. I did make me feel a lot safer, though.

did the stamper read the documents like IOs do with every page in my passport?

• Like 1