Almost denied at Suvarnabhumi airport

2 minutes ago, lkv said:

Ok well then we'll just wait for more reports to substantiate things and not just believe stamps indicating no more visa exempt without enough evidence.

Based on one report, of one new poster, claiming he's British.

Sounds fair?

I'm not interested whether its  true  or  not, what I'm hoping is foreign press  will start to focus  on this type  of  issue  along  with TM30 to faceloss  Thailand.

I don't  have any issue  with TM30 don't do one.

• Like 2

Farangland , you really need to improve on your English. Which country are you from?

I have been reading many such incidents at immigration lately. You should complain back at your embassy so that more people know about this.

Thailand is no longer 'Land of smile', it has changed to 'Land of arrogance'. Every foreigner that is not a terrorist or criminal should be treated with respect.

You should also complain to a higher ranking officer in Thailand about that arrogant officer. That's no way to treat a foreigner.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Centra said:

In Australia its widely recommend not to travel overseas with large amounts of money, people going to Bali and the Philippines from here use travel cards especially first time travelling.

Well people landing in Thailand are being asked to show cash money or travelers cheques so they had better consider their destination. Due to local charges, changing cash in Thailand is often the most economical option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

Have had similar before when doing an extension of stay one time.

I have similar experience with transport department when renewing road tax.

They are not taught to be more polite and professional in answering questions.

They didn't even bother to say krap/ka. 

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

12.2 means no proper means of living in the country. It's not really about not having money. It means not having the proper visa. 

12.9 means not showing 20K when asked. 

I was stamped only 12.2 and never asked anything. I've seen many denial stamp with 12.2 and 12.9

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

In the last 6  months I was personally involved with  the appalling treatment of a Japanese guy, Very respectable  good  job own company employing many Thais, ended up in detention has now left, closed the company and taken company out of Thailand to the Phillipines, it was part of a much  bigger Japanese company.

Immigration wouldn't know a god guy if it slapped them round the face with a  million baht.

I would have thought that Thailand treats Japanese and Chinese better than westerners because I have witnessed quite a lot of Chinese nationals going to the 'Thai only' immigration queue right after they get their 'visa on arrival' visas instead of joining the long 'foreigners queue'.

That's not fair...Go figure.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tayaout said:

12.2 means no proper means of living in the country. It's not really about not having money. It means not having the proper visa. 

I was stamped only 12.2 and never asked anything. I've seen many denial stamp with 12.2 and 12.9

Doesn't matter what number it is, once you sign the paper and do not appeal, you acknowledge it as being true. That's the point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

So even if we have 500,000 baht in a Thai bank but we always use tourist visa/border runs, we would get rejected and get stamped 12.2?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Just now, Tayaout said:

I see many poster say 12.2 is about money. It's not. 

I don't know how to make it more clear. If it says you are a terrorist and you sign it, you have admitted you are a terrorist. Because you chose not to appeal.

Is it more clear?

• Sad 1

Just now, lkv said:

I don't know how to make it more clear. If it says you are a terrorist and you sign it, you have admitted you are a terrorist. Because you chose not to appeal.

Is it more clear?

I don't know what you are talking about. I'm trying to clear the confusion that 12.2 is about money. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tayaout said:

I don't know what you are talking about. I'm trying to clear the confusion that 12.2 is about money. 

It does not matter 12.2 or 12.9 ????

It's false anyway. 

Ok never mind. I think others will get my point.

Thailand is no longer the land of smile, Taiwan has taken that spot. 

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2018/03/23/2003689868

P02-180323-002.jpg

Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport was ranked No. 1 in airport immigration and No. 15 in the world’s top airports this year in Skytrax’s annual global airport customer satisfaction survey, Taoyuan International Airport Corp (TIAC) said yesterday.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Doesn't matter what number it is, once you sign the paper and do not appeal, you acknowledge it as being true. That's the point.

It would be interesting to see this document people are being pressured to sign.

Anybody ever take a picture of it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So even if we have 500,000 baht in a Thai bank but we always use tourist visa/border runs, we would get rejected and get stamped 12.2?

BTW you could have it in cash in your pocket and still get 12.2

1 minute ago, FredGallaher said:

Lkv, if things are so bad and you continuously complain, what are you doing here. My question is why do you stay? Maybe you feel that your home country is just as bad or worse. Personally, I getting really tired of visa scammers that feel entitled and want to circumvent the rules. I say "Man up or stay home".

Here on the forum you mean? Since I am not currently in Thailand.

I am informing the general public of sad Thai realities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yeah, people posted it on this forum. And it does say you can appeal.

2021488269_ExpulsionNotice.jpg.1f8d9cb881f396ce47fb632e0cae2bb6.jpg

Well at least it has English language. I had an impression of people being forced to sign something they could not read.

If I had the required 20,000, I would not sign as it would be untrue. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lkv said:

That what, people get rejected entry?

It's not a hot topic, happens in any country, and once you sign the expulsion paper, you have admitted you don't have the money (12.2). One also has the right to appeal, in the case of tourist visa entries and others (except visa exempt = no visa), but "people choose not exercise that right".

TM30 is already on BBC, Asian Nikkei review etc.

I have also attached a link earlier today from the Human Rights Watch, that make TM30's and visa extensions look like peanuts, in comparisson to arrests and arbitrary detention of their own citizens, controlling the media, using lese majeste, sedition and computer crime laws to limit freedom of speech, and treatment of migrants.

In  my  opinion every little  helps  in  the  current climate in Thailand,  I'm  well  aware  of Thai  human  rights  issues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1