Tourism Minister Phiphat plans foreign trip to study last calls extension

webfact

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

"...because our target group is not local residents but foreign tourists,” Phiphat said.

I see another utter disaster in the making. Is Mr. Phiphat planning on having all locals barred from entertainment venues altogether? Or perhaps force all local guests off the premises at 2 a.m. while foreign tourists are allowed to remain? Or does he intend to designate venues that exclusively permit foreign tourists while all locals are denied entry?

As he surely would be able to observe if he goes ahead with this potentially extraordinarily expensive "Italy entertainment study tour" courtesy of the Thai tax payer, Italian venues are categorically open to EVERYBODY, foreigners and locals alike.

So why not simply introduce extended opening hours for ALL entertainment without cherry-picking who can and cannot enjoy these longer hours and save yourself that superfluous trip, Mr. Phiphat?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

As he surely would be able to observe if he goes ahead with this potentially extraordinarily expensive "Italy entertainment study tour" courtesy of the Thai tax payer,

I'm sure he can negotiate a zero dollar airfare with the national carrier, he and his entourage can use that money at the Gucci shop!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

that is so funny, so where are these tourists coming from, who are going to sit in a bar until 4 am, been like this in Pattaya for years, if one knows where to go. i feel sorry for the staff of these places, i bet they wont get any extra salary

So, a subsidised pub crawl. What a great job.

But for a more realistic vision of late-night drinking for tourists he should perhaps pay a visit to Magalluf, San Antonio, Ayia Napa and Malia! Italy attracts a somewhat different crowd in general.

• Like 1