Jomtien Immigration residency cert

55 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Well Tuesday gone they (Jomtien) wanted the TM.30 and vehicle blue book and bill of sale.... As the documents required seemingly change daily where on google do I find whats required ?

I found this:

• Signed copies of lease agreement or blue/yellow house book or letter from the landlord
  • NEW REQUIREMENT: Copy of TM.30 form signed by your landlord or a Receipt of Notification (after TM30 has been submitted by owner/housemaster/possessor
  • Two 4 cm x 6 cm passport photos 
  • Actual passport (to confirm authenticity)
  • Copies of the following passport pages: main photo page, visa page, TM.6 departure card (all pages must be signed)
  • Completed application form of Residence Certificate in Thailand. Forms are provided at the office.

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

I found this:

• Signed copies of lease agreement or blue/yellow house book or letter from the landlord
  • NEW REQUIREMENT: Copy of TM.30 form signed by your landlord or a Receipt of Notification (after TM30 has been submitted by owner/housemaster/possessor
  • Two 4 cm x 6 cm passport photos 
  • Actual passport (to confirm authenticity)
  • Copies of the following passport pages: main photo page, visa page, TM.6 departure card (all pages must be signed)
  • Completed application form of Residence Certificate in Thailand. Forms are provided at the office.

Thats exactly what I had with me.

Can you go back to google and find where one needs a copy of bluebook and bill of sale if the resi cert is for a vehicle purchase.... I failed to find that extra requirement.

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Where do I find the list of requirements for a residency certificate for the purpose of buying a vehicle ?

I had everything to verify my address so no point arguing that toss any further.

In my opinion you don't need anything special for the purpose of buying a vehicle. If they want the TM30 report,that's the only thing you need to concentrate on. The rest is taking a photo, 5min copying and signing outside Immigration + filling in the form.

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Thats exactly what I had with me.

Can you go back to google and find where one needs a copy of bluebook and bill of sale if the resi cert is for a vehicle purchase.... I failed to find that extra requirement.

You are not registered in any blue housebook,so why ask about that? 

Don't you have a rental contract? 

A Bill of Sale is used when you sell a car. Who mentioned the Bill of Sell? 

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

In my opinion you don't need anything special for the purpose of buying a vehicle.

The ladies at the information desk that give out the queue numbers do not share your opinion.

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You are not registered in any blue housebook,so why ask about that? 

Don't you have a rental contract? 

A Bill of Sale is used when you sell a car. Who mentioned the Bill of Sell? 

You obviously have no idea what my post are saying so why even bother replying.

The bluebook is the registration document for the vehicle, that is the reason why the resi cert is needed so that I can it to my name.

The bill of sale is the receipt saying I have purchased the vehicle.

For the umpteenth time, I have signed contract for the house I rent.

Edited by Don Mega

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The documents he mentioned are exactly what Jomtien Immigration officially asks for, and even other offices. They don't ask for a TM30,why would they? If people doesn't know how to find out what documents they need for a Certificate of Residence, then they can't use Google. Several sites online explains everything.

Yes, Google will very likely point you this way (after Amazon) and you can read through 150 pages of conflicting information and varying requirements. Hard to stay on top of it. 

Edited by jacko45k

Got a certificate at Jomtien last week. Thb 300. Need two pics, Passport bio page, TM 30, Owners Blue book and ID.....That's it. The IO did ask for a copy of the chanote for the house but I think that's because she saw my wife had it tucked under her arm whilst we were at the desk.

The request form requests why you want the certificate , but there certainly wasn't any requirement when we bought our car of a receipt for the deposit. Takes between 20-30 Minutes. Can get pics done at the office next to Jomtien immigration if you are applying there. Marginally more expensive (Thb 40 each from memory)

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

Got a certificate at Jomtien last week. Thb 300. Need two pics, Passport bio page, TM 30, Owners Blue book and ID.....That's it. The IO did ask for a copy of the chanote for the house but I think that's because she saw my wife had it tucked under her arm whilst we were at the desk.

The request form requests why you want the certificate , but there certainly wasn't any requirement when we bought our car of a receipt for the deposit. Takes between 20-30 Minutes. Can get pics done at the office next to Jomtien immigration if you are applying there. Marginally more expensive (Thb 40 each from memory)

That's exactly what I have been saying in several replies. Instead of copies of the blue housebook and ID, I used my rental contract. So did several of my friends. Non of us had any problems at Jomtien Immigration. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

That's exactly what I have been saying in several replies. Instead of copies of the blue housebook and ID, I used my rental contract. So did several of my friends. Non of us had any problems at Jomtien Immigration. 

Blue house book would be useless surely as it does not have your name in it... A rental contract does so that is more than sufficient.