Snap election on horizon after UK lawmakers vote to block 'no-deal' Brexit

webfact

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Was he laid in a ditch with a 12 bore when he spoke to you?:cheesy:

No, but he did say he has tried to ring you but you appear to have too many numbers to be sure of the correct one.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 2

Reasons to be cheerful Part One. 

I think Johnson is doing a great job, pretty much exactly what I want.

He's a national, live practical demonstration of what happens when you put a charlatan in charge, which is something this country desperately needs, like collective CBT.

He's absolutely terrible news for everyone that supported him, like the media, and they'll have reduced political capital for some time as a result.

He's doing serious and possibly permanent damage to the Tory party, to what extent is unclear. He's got Trump's disastrous performance without the sycophancy and support base.

As long as it carries on like this, and it probably will, I don't really know how it could be going any better.

View image on Twitter

Four days into parliament and he looks like a concerned relative has found him drinking heavily and shouting at pigeons in a bin whilst staring into the abyss which is rapidly opening up in front of him. 

He is destroying the country , destroying his party and destroying himself. Time to go ! There must be a horror beginning to grip the tory echelons as they realise they are on board the Titanic with a drunk and rapidly maddening Captain PM heads towards the iceberg. 

Hoping to crash the +3000 reputation today please like my posts if you can. Every little helps. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

The problem is Sandy that as far as May, Hammond et al it has always been to keep the UK in the EU, and the barstewards lied about it from day 1.

I don't dispute that there may well be something in that. Personally I think the referendum was badly managed from day one but at the end of the day we are where we are and it is now a question of damage limitation. As I have said a few times before I am glad my time is coming to an end, the damage has been done and the best years are behind us. Even if they cancelled brexit altogether things can never be the same again.

At this point in time I would really like to see a reduction in the loss of income, every time Johnson opens his mouth the pound goes down. Very unlikely to go back to where we were but a halt to the depreciation would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I don't dispute that there may well be something in that. Personally I think the referendum was badly managed from day one but at the end of the day we are where we are and it is now a question of damage limitation. As I have said a few times before I am glad my time is coming to an end, the damage has been done and the best years are behind us. Even if they cancelled brexit altogether things can never be the same again.

At this point in time I would really like to see a reduction in the loss of income, every time Johnson opens his mouth the pound goes down. Very unlikely to go back to where we were but a halt to the depreciation would be a step in the right direction.

I agree with you 100% and I am glad that I am living despite the reduction in my income caused not only by Brexit but the THB also.

Luckily I live in rural Khampaeng Phet well out of BKK and the tourist areas. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

it cant be enforced as bojo says he will ignore any such laws .then what do they do if he tells em to pi55 off?

While BoJo can be in contempt of Parliament as the ministerial code is not legislated. The civil service code is on legislation and thus duty bound to disregard any instructions from BoJo and follow the law.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Bulldog Boris shot down by a Junker and half his own side and now so wounded he cant even win a vote of no confidence in himself????  

Junker and his colleagues ,  must be enjoying the laughing stock of UK goverment .

You could not make it up...

Snap election ... no way, the opposition is too scared to do it as they will lose. They will continue with their duplicitous BS and secure a remoaner agenda. All of them are scared sh&%less of the results of a GE as they will be consigned to oblivion. The will of the people no longer matters ... just that of the NWO.

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

I agree with you 100% and I am glad that I am living despite the reduction in my income caused not only by Brexit but the THB also.

Luckily I live in rural Khampaeng Phet well out of BKK and the tourist areas. 

Coming at us from all directions Bill. On the 30th Sept a new pricing structure comes into effect in government hospitals. Those on Non O will be category 3 and face significant increases over the Thai price. The only glimmer of light on the horizon.

Analysts predicted delaying Brexit could lift the pound up to $1.30, a four-month high. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pound-brexit-value-boris-johnson-gbp-exchange-rate-no-deal-commons-vote-a9092776.html

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

it cant be enforced as bojo says he will ignore any such laws .then what do they do if he tells em to pi55 off?

But asked if he would resign rather than request a third Brexit delay from the EU, he replied: “That is not a hypothesis I am willing to contemplate. I want us to get this thing done.”

A Downing Street spokeswoman declined to rule out the possiblity of the PM resigning, saying only: “We are taking one step at a time here.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-bill-vote-house-lords-boris-johnson-law-parliament-latest-a9094741.html