Govt spokeswoman apologizes to PM Prayut for showing him eating from a plastic container

webfact

I fail to see how airlines are suppose to serve their food and beverages using any other than this single use, throw away utensils as every added weight/cost of fuel on the airplanes means less passenger and less revenues as reusable utensils are an hygiene and labor concerns......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I fail to see how airlines are suppose to serve their food and beverages using any other than this single use, throw away utensils as every added weight/cost of fuel on the airplanes means less passenger and less revenues as reusable utensils are an hygiene and labor concerns......
Single use, throw away is ok, but they can be made of paper. The utensils are obviously more difficult and should probably be real utensils, but then there is the safety issue.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Thousands of people in Issan homeless, lost everything, and all those plonkers are concerned about is little p being served food in a plastic container.... Pathetic, bloody pathetic.

You are correct. Priorities here are often dependent on the availability of photo ops and image building. Substance and welfare seemingly is second tier.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Thousands of people in Issan homeless, lost everything, and all those plonkers are concerned about is little p being served food in a plastic container.... Pathetic, bloody pathetic.

Same here the poor family's I try and do a bit for would be happy just to have some food in any container or afford the 10bt bus or shoes to send their kids to school????

• Thanks 1

Proof that Prayut is neither intelligent nor a man of the people.

If he were either of those things he would have turned this into a positive by pretending he was a busy man of the people prepared to eat as others do. 

He has shown he is stupid and pompous.

• Like 1

This is both supremely arrogant and sign of a very weak self image. Why for one thing should anyone care of the PM eats plane food off plane containers?

I’m sure he pulls his own socks on, one at a time like mere mortals. And I am sure doesn’t have ‘a personal wiper’ in the loo.

He isn’t a supreme being or diety. Why worry so much about propping up an image. Even the worst case of Kow Towitis should not come for this level of fear of losing status via tableware.

For another thing, I remember a PM wading into a food stall to cook his Pork In Coca Cola himself on tv. He then ate it standing holding plastic plate and plastic chopsticks.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Having been made aware of the Prime Minister’s apparent dissatisfaction, Mrs. Narumon admitted that it was her fault for posting the image, saying that she has offered an apology for her unintentional negligence

Should have been the usual porcelain...

• Like 1