Asia's Beaches Go Quiet as Chinese Tourists Stay Home

webfact

Most Chinese come to Thailand to see the ladyboy shows, massage, durian and Thai food that they can't find back home. 

Beaches? China has beaches all along the east coast.

With the strong Thai, it's better to get their durian fix from Malaysia although you can't get ladyboys in Malaysia.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, tominbkk said:

My flight to Taipei from BKK (thai air) and return flight from Hong Kong to BKK last week (Cathay Pacific) (part of an american trip) were very very empty.

Was seeking tickets from China to Bangkok. Prices for this normal cost me 1700 rmb. But I have not been able to find tickets for less than 4000 rmb now. Almost the same cost to fly to America. This is part of the problem. Thailand airlines triple the fees for dares when they think many Chinese will want to fly

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Was seeking tickets from China to Bangkok. Prices for this normal cost me 1700 rmb. But I have not been able to find tickets for less than 4000 rmb now. Almost the same cost to fly to America. This is part of the problem. Thailand airlines triple the fees for dares when they think many Chinese will want to fly

Thailand airlines have huge debts because have so smart business

9 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

The dream TOT

Not trying to diss you, but I recall that this photo was in Rio during the Pope's visit in 2013. 

However, if I didn't remember that, I would have believed it was a Chinese beach...

afptools-watermark-1531935889986.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, tominbkk said:

My flight to Taipei from BKK (thai air) and return flight from Hong Kong to BKK last week (Cathay Pacific) (part of an american trip) were very very empty.

Fake news - tourism is on the increase according to TAT.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

of course - downturn in business - jack up the prices, class 101 of Thai business skills.

• Haha 1

Don't know about now but 3 years ago the wife and I had to go to the Chinese embassy visA place...for visa's....and we arrived @6.15am only to find a que of 80+ people in front of us.  So if that's any indication the Thai's are keen as mustard to go to China even if the Chinese are less inclined to come here...I don't know what is. 

1 hour ago, DLock said:

Not trying to diss you, but I recall that this photo was in Rio during the Pope's visit in 2013. 

However, if I didn't remember that, I would have believed it was a Chinese beach...

Sure with this your photo TOT next trip after Italy will be to Rio

• Like 1