How the Indians can redefine and grow Thailand’s Nightlife Scene (Interview)

rooster59

How the Indians can redefine and grow Thailand’s Nightlife Scene (Interview)

By Dan Cheeseman

large-crowd-on-the-dancefloor-and-dancing-at-a-club-in-delhi-india_mybjytrqi__F0000.png

With the strength of the baht so high at the moment and the Western tourist and expat market in decline, it would appear everything is doom and gloom but that is not altogether true.

Much has been written about the growth in Indian tourists arriving in destinations like Pattaya, but many have written them off as ‘cheap charlies’ and so of little importance commercially. That could not be further from the truth.

Sometime ago now I was with a bungee jump operator in Pattaya and he said the Indians were not only his best customers but also the best payers.  Since then increasingly I am hearing the same stories from different business operators.

Recently I spoke with Mike Weller, an entrepreneur in Pattaya who has been working with Indians within the entertainment industry and not only bucking the trend of doom and gloom but smashing it.

His company Buvado put together VIP Batchelor packages in Pattaya and Bangkok and there has been no shortage of affluent Indians booking up with him.

70231888_2897300483613673_5414238861419085824_n.jpg

I put some questions to Mike about the current nightlife scene in Pattaya and also the increasing importance of the Indian consumer.

What’s happening in the Pattaya nightlife scene?

“For the Indian market it is booming. The average Indian is out in full force and Walking Street has its 4th Indian club on the way complete with 6,000 bottle bar and swimming pool. The Indians are tarnished with the Cheap Charlie brush but that is clearly not the case.

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2019/09/04/how-the-indians-are-redefining-and-saving-thailands-nightlife-scene/

cropped-Logo-Alternative.png?fit=300%2C5

Weekly Vlogs and Blogs from in and around Thailand

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

Ohh here we go with the same nonsense but now it’s indians who will save and change Thailand ????

keep reading about these rich Indians but keep seeing totally opposite.

yes 4th club being built and first 3 up for sale ( not a joke, serious )

You don’t see it because, as stated in the article, they cater private cruises and villas. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

there has been no shortage of affluent Indians booking up with him. 

How many actually paid their bills?  ????

Why would you presume bills are not being paid ? 

Let me fully understand, they are Indian so therefore they book private villas and cruises and dont pay ?

Is there a history of well off Indians doing this ?

Maybe they even have credit cards, then again maybe not, What bank would trust an Indian.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, BestB said:

now you admit to not knowing any Indians but yet somehow you managed to gather knowledge of their typical behaviour and spending habits ?

here we go again, I didnt say either of those things.

I questioned why people think rich Indians dont pay their bills, nothing more, nothing less.

What I may or may not have said in another thread, topic, issue is irrelevant. (As far as I can tell. I think you may be referring to a thread 6 months ago about independent Chinese travellers). I could find out of context comments you have made in other threads and quote them, I usually dont troll though.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

Andrew Biraj / Reuters

Walking Street is  the lap luxury compared to the seamy red light districts of India where more than 650,000 women and many underage girls spent their lives selling their bodies to survive.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

enhanced-buzz-17056-1332196020-23.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Andrew Biraj / Reuters

Walking Street is  the lap luxury compared to the seamy red light districts of India - like this waterside slum in Faridpur - where more than 650,000 women and many underage girls spent their lives selling their bodies to survive.

yes that would never happen in Thailand wake up

Klong Toey slum, Bangkok, Thailand
It's home to about 100,000 people, all crammed together in a pile of ramshackle constructions near the city's main port. “I didn't really have any opportunities,” he tells me. ... I was pretty much limited to what could happen inside the slum.”

14 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Andrew Biraj / Reuters

Walking Street is  the lap luxury compared to the seamy red light districts of India - like this waterside slum in Faridpur - where more than 650,000 women and many underage girls spent their lives selling their bodies to survive.

Not saying that India is not replete with red light districts (particularly as I have been working there, off and  on for the last 20 years), but I think you will find that you  are referring to a  place in Bangladesh...... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Not saying that India is not replete with red light districts (particularly as I have been working there, off and  on for the last 20 years), but I think you will find that you  are referring to a  place in Bangladesh...... 

I stand corrected. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, petermik said:

You have to laugh at this nonsense..........:whistling:

the sad thing, they don't know how stupid they look from the outside world perspective..... LOS king of fake (flake) news and contradictory information, half a step forward 3 steps backwards

• Like 1