Anyone do recent retirement visa at the Washington DC Thai Embassy?

Hi all. 

I'm thinking of taking a quick hop back to the US in December and picking up a new O-A retirement visa from the Thai Embassy in Washington DC. Has anyone done it recently? If so, are there any requirements other than those listed on the website? 

Thanks

David

Follow on question, my official USA residence is in Florida,  Do the Thai Embassies in the USA require one to use the Embassy associated with the state of their USA residence?  Could a Florida person submit paper to the Los Angeles California embassy?  The reason I as is it is very likely I may be traveling away from home and visiting California when I submit my paperwork.

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Follow on question, my official USA residence is in Florida,  Do the Thai Embassies in the USA require one to use the Embassy associated with the state of their USA residence?  Could a Florida person submit paper to the Los Angeles California embassy?  The reason I as is it is very likely I may be traveling away from home and visiting California when I submit my paperwork.

The embassy and the 3 official consulates do have assigned areas of jurisdiction as shown here. https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/

But if you will be applying in person in LA and you were to put a local address on the application form it would be accepted.

• Like 2

I just got an O-A visa at the Thai embassy in Washington last month. There were no additional requirements, as far as I know -- bank statement with a guarantee letter from the bank, police report, health form (downloaded from their website), money order for $200, and I also attached health insurance details (I'm covered by a US-based policy) but am not sure that was necessary. What they would NOT do is issue the O-A visa as long as I had an existing valid visa in my passport (issued by Chiang Mai immigration a year earlier), and they would not cancel the existing visa, so I had to wait until it naturally expired before I could apply for the new visa. All in all, it took a week to get the visa, and it was pretty easy --

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Florida is assigned to the Embassy in DC.  It may work elsewhere if done in person but if by mail it must be DC.

• Like 1

I recently was in the United States and because of all the news about the new insurance requirements I applied for a new O-A visa at the LA consulate even though I still had substantial time remaining on my existing visa. The LA consulate had no issue with issuing me a new visa even though the previous one was still valid.  In addition, they had no news or updates or requirements for demonstration of insurance. BTW, I always travel with extraordinary travel health insurance and I have valid health insurance in the US. As of mid July 2019, the LA Consulate required no documentation. 

Additionally regarding the Washington DC consulate, my first visa to Thailand was issued by the Washington DC consulate even though I reside in California.

• Like 1

Did mine via dc last month, by mail. Took about 4 weeks due to some problems. They requested verification of additional assets, not sure why, had presented ample via combination method. Sent it in, anyway, and waited. Didn't hear another word. Finally emailed them and got a tracking number the day before my passport with visa showed up.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

I received my O-A visa from Washington by mail in June. I also live in Florida but had always used New York in the past when I lived in Connecticut. Everything was submitted by mail and I noticed they issued the visa within 2 days of receipt but did not mail to me (in required prepaid Express Mail envelope) until a week later. No problems at all.

• Like 1