Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Banana7

On 9/17/2019 at 11:56 AM, Leaver said:

So, it doesn't matter if you are pay 55 baht, 65 baht, 75 baht, or 80 baht a beer, for example, it's 22 baht a beer in Vietnam, for the same product.

Happy hour in Da Nang beer was buy one get one free for $1.

I'm told Beer street in HaNoi beer is 25c, I find that hard to believe, but am going for a look next month.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Bar fines at gogo's 1500 -

The insanity is that eejits pay these barfines.. and don’t go n about the quality of the ladies ... the emperor’s suit of clothes springs to mind... if enough people think it’s true it becomes a fact and it’s not true. Go into Windmill or wherever on an average night and really look at what’s up there .. and add the outrageous “fee” to the crazy barfine and you need your head examined if you dish it out . 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:56 PM, JHolmesJr said:

This is GREAT...maybe the lasses will be more inclined to accept normal wages now.

500ST 1,000LT 

Last Saturday night 2000 Baht bar fine and 5000 Baht ST in Patong my friend told me, this needs to be reported to the Tourist police 

22 hours ago, Teee said:

The beaches are clean, sea is great to swim in, less expensive than Bkk and great places to eat out and have a beer on the beach.

Both Samet and Koh Chang recently got hit very hard with thunderstorms. I would prefer to be somewhere a little more developed this time of year. 

On September 18, 2019 at 8:52 AM, BritManToo said:

I'm told Beer street in HaNoi beer is 25c, I find that hard to believe, but am going for a look next month.

Yes it's true, there are many places on beer street, I drank at one place with actual beer from a keg, from a legit brewing company that also produced, water , bottled beer etc.

the beer was kept in a freezer with a spout out the side, it was a little more as it was actual keg draft, I think it was 30 cents, cold, and went down well

On 9/18/2019 at 7:52 PM, BritManToo said:

hanoi is a blast. beer and food for peanuts and cool weather. cheap rent. lived there for a couple years. must be best coffee around. cafes everywhere.

hard to get laid though...

was with my bro at a pub, chatted up some girls and really hit it off all night. end of night he asks about leaving the bar for another venue, and what, im not going anywhere with u, im going home, lol. unbelievable.

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

hanoi is a blast. beer and food for peanuts and cool weather. cheap rent. lived there for a couple years. must be best coffee around. cafes everywhere.

was with my bro at a pub, chatted up some girls and really hit it off all night. end of night he asks about leaving the bar for another venue, and what, im not going anywhere with u, im going home, lol. unbelievable.

So you chatted up some gals , hit it off, and they wouldn't leave with you????? Unbelievable. 

They probably said the same thing the next day, we chatted with these falang guys, had a great time, then they expected to take us home, hahahaha nbeleivable.

my friend has no problem there, 

perhaps go to pattaya, 

3 hours ago, fhickson said:

Saigon and Vung Tau was full of ladies looking for 'business', I had to keep telling them I wasn't interested.

October is my first time in Hanoi.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Saigon and Vung Tau was full of ladies looking for 'business', I had to keep telling them I wasn't interested.

I've been to Hanoi a few times, but I prefer Ho Chi Minh City.

I'm considering going to the Formula 1 in Hanoi next April, which would be great fun.

If you listen to the Thai apologists, Thailand should have had a Formula 1 over 15 years ago, but here's Vietnam with a race next season.  ???? 

12 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Yes it's true, there are many places on beer street, I drank at one place with actual beer from a keg, from a legit brewing company that also produced, water , bottled beer etc.

the beer was kept in a freezer with a spout out the side, it was a little more as it was actual keg draft, I think it was 30 cents, cold, and went down well

Real draft beer from a keg Ron,amazing!

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The trouble in Vung Tau is the ladies looking for "business" are asking too much. Pattaya is much better for this kind of " business ".

On 9/16/2019 at 12:19 AM, Ling Kae said:

I disagree with this. Prices for tourists have moved up across the board. Last year at the soi 19 markets food court a green curry chicken cost 70 baht. This year that same stall and that meal is 90 baht. The cold cooked food has gone up from 40 baht to 50 baht. 

Last year Frydays Fish and Chips was 100 baht, this year it is 125 baht.

5 years ago the buffet breakfast at LK Royal Suite was 150 baht. Then it jumped to 170 baht. Last year it was 200 baht, this year it is 250 baht. 

A pair of kito flip flops in big c has gone up from 299 baht last year to 349 this year

And don't mention toiletries like shaving cream.  It is 3 times more expensive here than in my home country!!!

The facts are that nearly everything is up 10 to 30% from last year.

The photo of the 175 ml shaving cream at big c shows the price of 219 baht.  That equals:

USD $7.30

GBP £6

AUD $10.50

Why is are prices going up so high?

20190906_121858.jpg

Possibly because the minimum wage was tripled from 100 baht a day to 300 baht a day and the trickle up effect is now being seen. You can't increase your input costs by 300% and not expect an increase in output costs.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, Teee said:

The only farangs that think Thailand is value...is the old sex pats that have great pensions and pray on younger asian girls be it Thai or Fillipinos to take them for meals drinks and get their leg over.

Sad!!!!

Thats because they can not get a younger model in their home countries as women would term them as perverts.

But very very true.

You say that like its a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Gumballl said:

We're still in the summer season until next week (Monday?) when it will officially be fall. Winter does not start for another 3+ months.

jeez get over the Euro/USA thing. There are two seasons here. The dry season and the wet season. There is no 'official' anything. The same as most tropical areas.

They start when they start and end when they end.

4 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Obviously you have never been there, most beer served on beer street I see.is  Sort of home brew, not in a keg.

Sort of? Seriously Ron have you never been to a brewery,maybe the draft your used to comes in plastic bags.....????????

16 hours ago, emptypockets said:

jeez get over the Euro/USA thing. There are two seasons here. The dry season and the wet season. There is no 'official' anything. The same as most tropical areas.

They start when they start and end when they end.

In Thailand there are only two seasons: the hot season, and the hotter one.

So jeez, stuff it yourself. Tourist come from around the world, not just Thailand. Those in Europe, USA, China, Japan, AUS, and NZ.... you know, the places where money and tourists come from... do enjoy 4 seasons.

Archived