Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Banana7

10 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes, they all eat rice and chicken

BUT i was quoting YOUR false assertion

''...Most tourist come here to experience the local cuisine....''

and again i am sorry but it is just not true

most tourist do not come to Pattaya  with the mean reason to experience the local cuisine

nor for the golf, the beach, the scuba diving or others pathetic alibi

The first time that I visited Thailand (didn't visit Pattaya on that occasion) one of my main motivations was to sample the local cuisine. The first time I visited Pattaya (4 days) I tried to sample as much of the local cuisine as I could. We don't all come here just to look at the temples.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, tropo said:

The point is that the price of local produce has not increased at all for years. 

But rents have, and the baht is strong, thus, Pattaya, and Thailand in general, have out priced themselves in the market, in this region. 

I relation to alcohol, do you think tourists come here to drink lao khao, in the way they eat rice?  No.  Look at the tax on wine here.  Just ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

The first time that I visited Thailand (didn't visit Pattaya on that occasion) one of my main motivations was to sample the local cuisine. The first time I visited Pattaya (4 days) I tried to sample as much of the local cuisine as I could. We don't all come here just to look at the temples.

and how are you defining "local cuisine"?  ????

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thank you, i forgot in my list of excuses the visit of the temples

and as i wrote there are always exceptions (You are probably one)

but seriously how many % of the total tourists coming in Pattaya

are here attracted with the main motivation to discover the international weel know pad thai?

Seriously....

2 hours ago, Leaver said:
2 hours ago, Leaver said:

But rents have, and the baht is strong, thus, Pattaya, and Thailand in general, have out priced themselves in the market, in this region. 

A false uneducated comment.

Rents are down many many rentals available.

You can find very decent places Pattaya in the 10,000 b a month range. 

Chiang Mai you can rent a house for that.

I guess that prices you out of the market but is very reasonable and competitive for non 3rd world city like Pattaya and SEA in general.

On 9/14/2019 at 9:43 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Much of what you say is true as per deficiencies in Thailand. However not one one of them affects tourism in any way.

Without going through your whole list and debunking it, let me take one example (more than one actually 10 and 12). I know of no one ever who has chosen Thailand as a holiday destination to sample the wine, nor do I know of anyone who has decided to not holiday in Thailand because of the cost of wine.

If you want to whine about the cost of wine, as you do, find another thread, it's inappropriate in this thread.

Mate phoned me last night,said pattaya was like the dawn of the dead,he's loving it though says the bars are full of available girls 

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

I relation to alcohol, do you think tourists come here to drink lao khao, in the way they eat rice?  No.  Look at the tax on wine here.  Just ridiculous. 

Although I don,t drink wine ( more of a lager lout,then again I am a remainer ) however a lot of the type of punter  thailand is trying to attract do.

Pattaya will never be dead if only it stays a little bit cheaper, a little bit warmer and with a little bit more sluts available than the rest of the word. While Pattaya tries to become another dull place - other dull places become even more dull. When Pattaya will finally die - all other place will be already long time dead by that time. 

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

A false uneducated comment.

Rents are down many many rentals available.

You can find very decent places Pattaya in the 10,000 b a month range. 

Chiang Mai you can rent a house for that.

I guess that prices you out of the market but is very reasonable and competitive for non 3rd world city like Pattaya and SEA in general.

I'm not talking about residential leases.  I'm talking about commercial leases.  

So, it doesn't matter if you are pay 55 baht, 65 baht, 75 baht, or 80 baht a beer, for example, it's 22 baht a beer in Vietnam, for the same product.

Those greedy Thai landlords have out priced the place, when compared to their competition.

Get it????

10 hours ago, kingdong said:

Although I don,t drink wine ( more of a lager lout,then again I am a remainer ) however a lot of the type of punter  thailand is trying to attract do.

When tourists see a bottle of wine that is cheap in their home country, because it's basically cats p*ss, and it's for sale here for 1000 baht, retail, they know something's not right. 

Wine is just one product that's overtaxed here, because foreigners consume it.

Will it stop tourists coming here the first time, no.  Could it stop people coming here a second time, yes.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:08 AM, NCC1701A said:

white people numbers might be down, and businesses setup to cater to them might be suffering, but Chinese and Indians are still coming.

#2 does not apply to real tourists. first time visitors or once every few years with a very long return to home country not affected.

there is a a lot of buzz right now about a global recession. people don't go on vacation.

UK is on a war footing with fear and paranoia about shortages and civil unrest. 

No they are not it is the likes of you in the press etc coming out with B/S. For a fact UK are talking seriously with Australia, Canada, USA, Far East, West Indies, India to mention just a few that are wanting to sign a free trade agreement with Britain. The NZ Minister of Trade was at Downing St yesterday discussing a trade deal. I am a Kiwi half cast, left UK 30 yrs ago for NZ. 

We got plenty of Lamb and cheese to sell Britain and plenty of stuff to buy off them. 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, cooked said:

My son saw a cheap deal flight + hotel to Pattaya with his son and I told him to go somewhere else, filthy beach and sea, ripoffs, sex trade everywhere, try an island. he loved Koh Samet.

Wow, you are a font of information on Pattaya ,  maybe you son will enjoy patty.

Non as righteous as an ex-sexpat,  and ex-lady bar.

However that said , i came to Thailand for the elephant treks, and wats ...

On 9/16/2019 at 3:12 AM, balo said:

It cost around $3.50 in Norway, one of the most expensive countries in the world.  Any import is crazy expensive in Thailand.  

thailand is the only place i have been where im worried about using too much shaving cream and pressing to hard on the blade so i dont have to buy new disposable razors lol. can of shaving cream in usa 30 baht.

On 9/14/2019 at 4:14 AM, MadMuhammad said:

One thing that many propel don’t mention is the influx of Thai tourists. Many more seem to be spending weekends and national holidays here than ever before. Their money is as good as anyone’s 

I frequently mention this. Thais, especially Bangkokians love Pattaya. Its the last free fun city in Thailand.

5 hours ago, fhickson said:

thailand is the only place i have been where im worried about using too much shaving cream and pressing to hard on the blade so i dont have to buy new disposable razors lol. can of shaving cream in usa 30 baht.

How much is a shave and a haircut in usa?

16 hours ago, elliss said:

Wow, you are a font of information on Pattaya ,  maybe you son will enjoy patty.

Non as righteous as an ex-sexpat,  and ex-lady bar.

However that said , i came to Thailand for the elephant treks, and wats ...

Golly, I wish I could be so self assured as to my virtue. 

Elephant treks are cruel, but can be found elsewhere in Thailand as can wats. 

It is true that I have visited Patts many times, for family reasons, and I got to hate it more every time I went outside the house. 

Sex-pat? Yes, I must try that some time, maybe after my wife dies. 

Do you dispute that the beach is filthy as is the water? 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, Lone Ranger said:

Beware of Koh Samat! Huge "Hen" mosquitos plague the island from sunset to first light & then the sand fleas bite your feet to pieces...rip off locals-island from hell from personal experience.

Koh Samed...best place for beach hotels and people. I never had a sand flea bite and never see 'huge mosquitios' all the times i have been.

Whilst living in bangkok over the last 3 years would take a trip every 3 or 4 weeks spend Friday to Sunday evening /Monday there.

Great place if you dont want to have girly /lb bars. Something I never lived in Thailand for.

The beaches are clean, sea is great to swim in, less expensive than Bkk and great places to eat out and have a beer on the beach.

Not alot of tourists and ex pats so in general a great place to go to chill and get out of the deathly polluted air of Bkk.

12 hours ago, kingdong said:

used to bring a half empty bag with me and fill it up with clothes and other gear to bring back now I bring a full bag ( full of things for mates who live in los) and go home with a half empty one,Thailand is no longer the good value it used to be.

The only farangs that think Thailand is value...is the old sex pats that have great pensions and pray on younger asian girls be it Thai or Fillipinos to take them for meals drinks and get their leg over.

Sad!!!!

Thats because they can not get a younger model in their home countries as women would term them as perverts.

But very very true.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:06 AM, tgw said:

I can only concur about Koh Samet, stayed 3 nights there once, will never go back.

Koh Chang is a much better choice.

In rainy season the only island I'll visit will now be Koh Larn, that's because I can get to mainland in the evening. Learned the hard way getting soaked in Koh Chang.

Archived