Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Banana7

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chivas said:

You're going to have to enlighten me as to what home location has to do with Pattaya. Try actually reading what I wrote

I find it dubious that someone living in Rochester has his finger on the pulse of Pattaya and personally has first hand knowledge of the latest up to date news.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

So no actual current knowledge of the place then.... figured as much.

No, and no intention of finding out. If the reports I read on this and other fora, and from friends still down there, I am happy to be out of it.

Of course there are places where the Brits congregate, or the Germmans, Nogs, Americans etc, but I personally am happy where I am.

Just now, wgdanson said:

No, and no intention of finding out. If the reports I read on this and other fora, and from friends still down there, I am happy to be out of it.

good for you... after not being here for so long why are you still commenting about the place ?

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Guys have had 2 pms from board members.....I wont quote them directly because they were perfectly polite but they simply cannot grasp how their own foreign exchange is calaculated

I'll do it here because its clear there are many others and I'll make it simple......this applies to everyone except holders of US Dollars and I will come back to that.

Firstly there is no little Thai man in Government deciding today we'll give 37 to Brits 33 to Eurozone 21 to Aussies etc etc (add your own currency)

Its calculated by the sum of two ratios.......now 1 of those ratios (relevant to Thailand) is Dollar/Baht.....its in absolutely every calculation for every currency conversion thats relevant to us (here)

The 2nd ratio is our own currencies ratio against the US Dollar so for Brits Sterling/Dollar.....its that simple

Sterling/Dollar x Dollar/Baht equals Interbank.....

So for Euro zone countries substitute Euro for Sterling in the calculation

So Euro/Dollar x Dollar/Baht equals interbank......and so on. Its that simple.

Dollar/Baht is in every calculation that is relevant to Thailand just remember that

Only the USD has a direct exchange rate with the Thai baht which is why as the "reserve currency" its included in every calculation

Forget baskets of currencies and anything else. Other than holders of American Dollars you need to know just the 2 ratios and thats it simple as that

I think you are trying to teach pigs to sing....no chance. You have a lot more patience than I.

Some people simply don't get it, and never will. The push for the Yuan or RMB to become the reserve currency will do their heads in once and for all.

Perhaps an example calculation may help.

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've not been to Pattaya for 10 years and am confused by all the threads ..........

Pattaya is packed ........ Pattaya is empty .......... they can't both be true.

Depends if you,'re a tourist or a resident trying to earn money from tourists

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Feel free to post your personal, factual, experiences. I posted mine and got a smart <deleted> response from you. Your turn bud.

Beach ... no one within 100 meters...just me.

A group of a dozen or so Chinese walks up and they choose to sit down 

3 meters away from me. They are talking,,screaming just behind my back

when there are hectares of empty beach to choose from.

It happened to me a few times and I wonder why they do it ...

What are the reasons for this behavior?

Since they can sit wherever they want without disturbing

someone else ... I find this kind of behavior rude .

1 hour ago, jondoe18 said:

h ... no one within 100 meters...just me.

Get up and move away. You are an adult aren't you? Or say something. You are a man aren't you?

Were they smelly and obnoxious? Drunk...trying to pick a fight with you.  No of course not. they were living their culture as is their right on holiday. The fact that you don't like it is irrelevant. They were doing you no harm. Get up and walk away to somewhere more suited to your sensibilities. They, like you, are merely visitors. they , unlike you, are probably not bigots. Understand one thing. You CHOSE to live in Asia. Asia is Full of Asians.

Ask yourself how a Thai person feels when a bunch of football loving English drunks arrive at their normally quiet restaurant?

Please realise the world of the retiree European in Thailand is a relatively new phenomenon. Thailand was not put on this Earth as a playground for elderly pensioners from the northern hemisphere to use as a plaything. Thailand DOES not NEED immigrants unlike the USA, Canada and Australia to build their economy.

Tourism is good for every country. Importing elderly , relatively poor people is not so good. It may have made sense when Thaksin introduced the 50 yo thing..but that was a long time ago. Not so relevant now as many are finding out.

6 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Get up and move away. You are an adult aren't you? Or say something. You are a man aren't you?

You wanted proof ... you got it .
I got up and went swimming ... I lost my sunglasses in the waves..
so there are also material losses 555

1 hour ago, jondoe18 said:

Beach ... no one within 100 meters...just me.

Indeed

and this s...t happens to me on a daily basis on Pattaya beach ,also with the group of indians

they seems like attracted by an european guy quietly looking at the sea and take a lot of photos

around with me in the background, i hope is not for future scams on internet!

I don't get it, the beach is now so big and empty, and this guys just beside me. <deleted>????

18 minutes ago, jondoe18 said:

You wanted proof ... you got it .
I got up and went swimming ... I lost my sunglasses in the waves..
so there are also material losses 555

You're a braver man than me Gungadin. The Chinese should not be a concern to a man who swims in the sea at Pattaya!!

Could explain your posts though...weird <deleted> in that water. 

1 minute ago, emptypockets said:

You're a braver man than me Gungadin. The Chinese should not be a concern to a man who swims in the sae at Pattaya!!

Could explain your posts though...weird <deleted> in that water. 

Phuket has cleaner water ... but everything else just like Pattaya

26 minutes ago, ylmiri said:

Why do some people keep harping on this Pattaya as if it is some big deal?

Pattaya is nothing ok? I restrain myself from criticizing because of TV forum rules.

Pattaya is a great city. OK we understand you are either a virgin or a Baptist, but if you want to eat great international food, play on some brilliant golf courses or even, God help me, visit temples, Pattaya has that and much, much more.

If you want to bang overweight slappers...save yourself the airfare. If you want to bang some stunners...….up to you old mate.

What a lot of people forget is that Pattaya is now well spread out...What with Jomtien and the dark side and all the areas like the Mai Prachan lake etc..all these areas cater to "us" foreigners now and quite frankly what with all the traffic and issues with Poice etc, I feel many foreigners do not venture so far from home every evening.  In addition Thailand has improved toursism and retirement areas such as Hua Hin etc and even up north it is much improved, with Internet and quality shopping centres, so what I'm saying is that it is just spread out nowadays, and that really its only the 2 week tourists that are looking at other countries to visit....and why not! The world is small nowadays, even if many think the only place in the world for Ladies is Pattaya!!

20 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

What a lot of people forget is that Pattaya is now well spread out...What with Jomtien and the dark side and all the areas like the Mai Prachan lake etc..all these areas cater to "us" foreigners now and quite frankly what with all the traffic and issues with Poice etc, I feel many foreigners do not venture so far from home every evening.  In addition Thailand has improved toursism and retirement areas such as Hua Hin etc and even up north it is much improved, with Internet and quality shopping centres, so what I'm saying is that it is just spread out nowadays, and that really its only the 2 week tourists that are looking at other countries to visit....and why not! The world is small nowadays, even if many think the only place in the world for Ladies is Pattaya!!

Gee even up north in the flash places we now have indoor plumbing. No more crapping in the hole in the floor on top of the pigs and buffaloes for my family. Well, not all the family,...some are a little more  'traditional'...Billy Bob Thai his  and his sister  wife  are hold outs...but hey the land of the free right?

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

There's a lot of gypsies around Rochester these days. The same with Chatham. and Maidstone.

You and emptypockets must be living in a parallel universe. Someone for god alone knows what reason reads from the profile I'm from Rochester someone then links that to Chonburi and now we got reference to gypsies in Maidstone and Chatham.

I give up what are you two barking about lol

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Were they smelly and obnoxious? Drunk...trying to pick a fight with you.  No of course not. they were living their culture as is their right on holiday. The fact that you don't like it is irrelevant. They were doing you no harm. Get up and walk away to somewhere more suited to your sensibilities. They, like you, are merely visitors. they , unlike you, are probably not bigots. Understand one thing. You CHOSE to live in Asia. Asia is Full of Asians.

Ask yourself how a Thai person feels when a bunch of football loving English drunks arrive at their normally quiet restaurant?

Please realise the world of the retiree European in Thailand is a relatively new phenomenon. Thailand was not put on this Earth as a playground for elderly pensioners from the northern hemisphere to use as a plaything. Thailand DOES not NEED immigrants unlike the USA, Canada and Australia to build their economy.

Tourism is good for every country. Importing elderly , relatively poor people is not so good. It may have made sense when Thaksin introduced the 50 yo thing..but that was a long time ago. Not so relevant now as many are finding out.

8 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Check your facebook profile...I'm really so sorry. Can I pity you too? I'm not up to speed on FB.

you are hypersensitive...so i forgive you !
now take sedatives ...Good night

Archived