Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Banana7

Pattaya is worse than ever. The problem is the whole world is worse than ever too. That is why Walking street is fully crowded in the middle of September.

Thai government is doing what they can to prevent those farangs staying in Thailand. But they keep coming, avoiding any obstacles, paying lots of money. Give us some more Thailand, we hate it but still it is much better than all other places that we supposedly love. 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ylmiri said:

Why do some people keep harping on this Pattaya as if it is some big deal?

Pattaya is nothing ok? I restrain myself from criticizing because of TV forum rules.

Pattaya is the last great cosmopolitan,  truly international cities in Thailand. It is very popular with Thais of all classes as well as foreign visitors.  Since the shut down of CM and the social destruction and cleansing of Bangkok more and more Thais, especially Bangkokians visit Pattaya. Great hotels and restaurants,  country side nearby, good liberal nightlife  clubs for young people  cafes, rock clubs  jazz bars,  ice cream parlours,  burlesque, adult entertainment,  massive family attractions such as water parks, significant cultural attractions including terracotta warriors etc etc.

46 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Pattaya is the last great cosmopolitan,  truly international cities in Thailand. It is very popular with Thais of all classes as well as foreign visitors.  Since the shut down of CM and the social destruction and cleansing of Bangkok more and more Thais, especially Bangkokians visit Pattaya. Great hotels and restaurants,  country side nearby, good liberal nightlife  clubs for young people  cafes, rock clubs  jazz bars,  ice cream parlours,  burlesque, adult entertainment,  massive family attractions such as water parks, significant cultural attractions including terracotta warriors etc etc.

felt like just a big clusterfuk when i was there. people, bars and people yelling from the sidewalk to buy <deleted> or come into bars.

but all i pretty much did was walk around aimlessly going into places to eat and drink.

50 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

That's a great spin and a lot of truth.????????

On 9/12/2019 at 6:06 AM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

What cheap prices? Bar fines at gogo's 1500 - insane. Most overpriced drinks (170-200 baht for Smirnoff?!). Not surprising they were all mostly empty, and the only gogos full (of Chinese, mostly) were the ones with 100 baht happy hour.

Quite a few people though, I haven't been this time last year but seemed busy everywhere.

The best go gos have 900 baht bar fines or 1000k. The girls are happy they get more customers. 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:08 AM, NCC1701A said:

white people numbers might be down, and businesses setup to cater to them might be suffering, but Chinese and Indians are still coming.

#2 does not apply to real tourists. first time visitors or once every few years with a very long return to home country not affected.

there is a a lot of buzz right now about a global recession. people don't go on vacation.

UK is on a war footing with fear and paranoia about shortages and civil unrest. 

The UK IS NOT on a war footing. There is NO civil unrest. People are irritated at the politicians. Please do not believe what you read in the newspapers. I was in london last week...it was kicking and wealthy. I was in Brighton,  Manchester and York...ditto. Employment is high, wages are rising. The stoical sang froid of the majority of British people is in evidence. Its a shame the political classes are arrogant, deluded weasel and cads.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, NCC1701A said:

UK is on a war footing with fear and paranoia about shortages and civil unrest. 

Completely untrue , people are concerned about the beast from the east , the cold weather snap coming in from Russia and England being not too good at cricket or football......................and thats about it

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

You and emptypockets must be living in a parallel universe. Someone for god alone knows what reason reads from the profile I'm from Rochester someone then links that to Chonburi and now we got reference to gypsies in Maidstone and Chatham.

I give up what are you two barking about lol

There are gypsies from Kent and Essex who come to Pattaya on a regular basis.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:23 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Could be Indians, could be Arabs. Could be Chinese, could be Koreans. I can't tell the difference.

Off topic. I was in a bar the other day when a girl came up to me and started talking as if she knew me. When I pointed out that I'd definately never met her before she replied, "Sorry, all farangs look the same to me".

I see the girl's point esp reading your response. Some people think they r reminded of dumb n dumber re farangs

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Someone Earlier in June started a similar thread. Pattaya is dead! Only indians and chinese! Its a sad ghost town! ALL Nonesense. My friend shot a video in responses showing such threads are usually innacurate.  

Interesting video, streets are busy, bars are completely empty (except for staff).

8 hours ago, ylmiri said:

Why do some people keep harping on this Pattaya as if it is some big deal?

Pattaya is nothing ok? I restrain myself from criticizing because of TV forum rules.

Because this is a Thailand centric forum and we are in the Pattaya section. If Pattaya means nothing to you, why are you here wasting your time reading all about the place? And then making off topic posts!

One thing I do notice in all areas of the City be it Central Pattaya, Jomtien, Naklua or across the Sukhumvit is the number of empty premises with For Sale/Rent signs up. I've lived here a long time and it's not something that's been particularly visible in the past. I think it's as good an indication as any of a slowdown in business generally not just tourist centric. 

3 hours ago, kinyara said:

One thing I do notice in all areas of the City be it Central Pattaya, Jomtien, Naklua or across the Sukhumvit is the number of empty premises with For Sale/Rent signs up. I've lived here a long time and it's not something that's been particularly visible in the past. I think it's as good an indication as any of a slowdown in business generally not just tourist centric. 

Half of southern Phuket is for sale / rent
it is a low season ... but it has never been so much,
Whereas in District 1 HCMC I haven't seen a single premises for rent.

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

Choice and variety will decrease for western tourists and expats, and prices will increase. 

It's already happening. We were in Pattaya last week and went to a gogo bar that's always full of Chinese, my friend saw a girl there who was gorgeous (according to him - I didn't find her attractive), but she was busy with Chinese customers every single time we went there. Eventually one night we stayed for a long time and she freed up to come have a drink with him. She wasn't friendly and you could tell she doesn't like him, and when he said he wanted to bar fine her she said she doesn't do bar fines! Complete <deleted> as ANY girl who works in a gogo does it, she just didn't like him and/or thought he'd pay less money than an Asian guy would. I should mention that he is a white American guy in his 30's and quite attractive - she didn't like him simply because he wasn't Asian.

And in general it seems girls want higher "tips" than before. Quite a bit more demanding. Bangkok rates.

Some posts have been removed

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

58 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

It's already happening. We were in Pattaya last week and went to a gogo bar that's always full of Chinese, my friend saw a girl there who was gorgeous (according to him - I didn't find her attractive), but she was busy with Chinese customers every single time we went there. Eventually one night we stayed for a long time and she freed up to come have a drink with him. She wasn't friendly and you could tell she doesn't like him, and when he said he wanted to bar fine her she said she doesn't do bar fines! Complete <deleted> as ANY girl who works in a gogo does it, she just didn't like him and/or thought he'd pay less money than an Asian guy would. I should mention that he is a white American guy in his 30's and quite attractive - she didn't like him simply because he wasn't Asian.

And in general it seems girls want higher "tips" than before. Quite a bit more demanding. Bangkok rates.

Two points about this.

1. Are you sure that they weren't Koreans? Much more likely to be packing a gogo than Chinese.

2. As handsome as your friend was, was he wearing a MAGA hat?

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Possible Korean or Japanese. 

Common knowledge the GoGo Girls know them as "3 x 3 x 3's."  (3 inches - 3 minutes - 3000 baht)  ????

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

she didn't like him simply because he wasn't Asian.

A lot of Western guys here don't like some ladies because they aren't Asian too... you didn't think she was attractive, she didn't think he was attractive, but you thought he was attractive??? She wasn't friendly...

sounds like a lot of fun that I am missing out on in Pattaya... 

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

You and emptypockets must be living in a parallel universe. Someone for god alone knows what reason reads from the profile I'm from Rochester someone then links that to Chonburi and now we got reference to gypsies in Maidstone and Chatham.

I give up what are you two barking about lol

We are discussing foreign visitors to Pattaya.

We've mentioned Falangs, Chinese, Russians and Indians.

The referral to gypsies is entirely relevant because gypsies are a nomadic people who originated from the the Punjab area of India.

Many of their descendants are likely to be seen today not just in Pattaya but also in Europe. Rochester and the neighbouring towns in Northern Kent are a part of the UK that over time seems to have attracted these people.

6 hours ago, kinyara said:

???  There have always been For Sale/Rent signs up all over the place in the decades I have been coming.  I guess you just haven't noticed.

4 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

One thing that many propel don’t mention is the influx of Thai tourists. Many more seem to be spending weekends and national holidays here than ever before. Their money is as good as anyone’s 

Bangkok Thais have always been buying condos and coming to Pattaya on weekends.  There are more of them with money now so there is more of that going on.  But this is nothing new.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, Lone Ranger said:

Beware of Koh Samat! Huge "Hen" mosquitos plague the island from sunset to first light & then the sand fleas bite your feet to pieces...rip off locals-island from hell from personal experience.

Not true! Mossies come out sunset and sunrise. None in the day unless your in the jungle and very few after sunset. Only sand flies on the north part of the island.

How were you ripped off? Let us know so other people can avoid your mistakes!

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Not sure what your point is.  There have always been girls that specialize in Asians/Chinese that do not go with foreigners.  Especially Chinese Thais.  Farangs are considered lower class than Chinese Thais.

Archived