For a change = returning to LOS ?

swissie

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I admire you for making the move instead of just talking about it.  I do wish that farangs who are unhappy with their life in Thailand simply go back home instead of whining/whinging endlessly on TV.  They may realize that their unhappiness really has nothing to do with Thailand but more their inner self.  And if it turns out that they are happiest at home and never return, even better.  Everybody wins!

Post of the year. Well said.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, swissie said:

Seriously considering returning to Thailand long-term. Especially as my home-country health-insurance offers renewable 12 month Travel-Insurance coverage (in combination with standart home-country insurance) at an extremely competitive rate.

Nice and so true story!

From your profile-name I presume that you are referring to Switzerland.

Quick question > Is the 12 month Travel-insurance coverage you are talking about, also possible for EU-citizens?

I am from Belgium and simply cannot find such package (the best I found was an annual policy covering trips up to 6 months, but you need to return for 2 weeks to your home-country, before your next 6 month trip will be covered).

13 hours ago, swissie said:

Especially as my home-country health-insurance offers renewable 12 month Travel-Insurance coverage (in combination with standart home-country insurance) at an extremely competitive rate.

Read the fine print extremely carefully. Travel insurance does not equal worldwide residential insurance. Lucky I have that with an excellent insurer.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, swissie said:

Especially as my home-country health-insurance offers renewable 12 month Travel-Insurance coverage (in combination with standart home-country insurance) at an extremely competitive rate.

Before you do decide to come here, I would suggest you go over the fine print of the policy, especially when it comes to Travel Insurance as you will find that it will only cover you as a traveller, not someone who is residing here, like I said, worth looking into.

As for Standard home-country insurance, the same would apply, as I said, just saying as I know in Australia I cannot get either as my residency status changed once I was out of the country for more than 183 days, but I don't know your circumstances, different countries, different rules, but some same same if you follow me, so please do look into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I admire you for making the move instead of just talking about it.  I do wish that farangs who are unhappy with their life in Thailand simply go back home instead of whining/whinging endlessly on TV.

Would you prefer to have more censorship?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jean Marie said:

Talk about boring suburbia. I want to go back, settle there, find a companion to accompany me beyond my 69 years. 

Good luck to you.     I hope you find an outstanding Thai village  gentleman who will  hopefully be the companion you seek.

Edited by watcharacters
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kurtf said:

If you enjoy driving, I would suggest staying where you are. Because Thai drivers will, guaranteed, raise your blood pressure and take all the joy of driving away from you. JMHO

One of the reasons i enjoy living in Thailand is that I never have to drive again. 

• Like 2