Lack of European visitors the cause of Thailand's tourism woes, says hotelier

webfact

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

How's that losing momentum?

Hoteliers realise that arrival numbers mean less in real terms than numbers of nights spent in the Kingdom. They've replaced Europeans spending their two week holiday in Thailand with Chinese on 4-5 day breaks. That means, effectively, you need three Chinese visitors to replace one Swede, German or Brit. So although numbers of arrivals are up, the hotel industry could well be struggling.

well well ...reality sets in in the land of la la smiles...

but who needs these white falangs ( = kanaks ) anyway ...?

only trouble isn't it ?

and worst if they take residence in our supermondane kingdom..these white noses smell bad thats why we need to track them as close as possible...any ideas in the backbenches ? hey wake up...

ok if they leave a circle of five hundret metres around their residence they have to report online and w. selfie...or better attach a tracking anklet to theyr stinking legs..so in real time we know where the are and what they think...

and about tourists...numbers up nigerians banglas burmese Laos and the no bhat chinese...dont forget the Russian big spenders... we dont need europaens....thats all about our bad guy ( europaen ) out and good guy ( any scum from anywhere ) in..

and if these puket vendors complain online well thats a computer crime we will make em feel to comply...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

also, lets not forget the expat/retired population who generally provide a steady 12 month spend that is often overlooked, I am hearing more and more exit stories as people are fed up being targeted by nonsense new cumbersome immigration rules that seem to have no other purpose than to force some people down a route of paying hefty bribes for application approvals because of some very simple marginal technicality

slowly but steady u understand thai style

58 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That could also be in doubt. 

Buying with tax money I assure you that it is very easy to be efficient, for the results purchased is another story. See the construction of the new railway lines that will serve for the logistics of armoured vehicles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

I'm reading the baht is being kept artificially high and eventually is going to crash hard is this true?  Why would the Thai govt make the baht appear strong so people can think the economy is booming when In reality it's not 

Why - - Mainly as they know no better. 

Typical military thinking, if it moves salute it, if it doesn't - paint it white. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Lucky your servicing immigration office is Hua Hin.    But if your servicing immigration office was Cheang Wattana (Bangkok) you would queue for hours on top of the several hours of transportation to/from immigration.

OK, from replies it does seem that some immigration offices are a lot worse than Hua Hin. I stand corrected. 

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Beat me to it. I used to go away twice a month to Rayong, Hua Hin etc. 

1 or 2 nights in a decent hotel, spending money in restaurants, local markets, beach bars etc.

Haven't been since this TM30 nonsense came up.

U AND MANY OTHERS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

Tm 30, Thailand’s attempt to be like china. Except china rewards talent instead of making it hard for them 

There's some new china visa requirements it seems, like years of work history they want to know...

Edited by ThomasThBKK

I just use non-os and never interact with Thai immigration, so don't need to do TM30s.
Trip to Vietnam every 90 days isn't that onerous a duty.
Went to DaNang in July, off to Hanoi in October.
Is that multi entry based on marriage or just over 50 based on retirement? My friend told me I can just leave before 90 days is up and start again but haven't read much about it. Do you need to pay for a new visa every time? Do you need financial proof.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

26 minutes ago, RtotheC said:

Funny you mention this. I was planning to spend my break outside of Bangkok with a couple nights in Pattaya, then a week in Koh Chang, a couple more in Pattaya and then back to my place in Bangkok. Guess what I'm not doing? It's sad that literally flying out of the country is less of a hassle than staying in it. 

Why? The hotels will do a TM 30 for you.  You will most likely have to report when you are back home regardless whether the travel is domestic our international. Some posters are reporting no need for a TM30 if the travel is purely domestic but MUST be done if the travel is international. Shooting yourself in the foot going out of the country to avoid a TM 30

Seems like a nonsense post just to jump on the bandwagon. 

8 hours ago, simon43 said:

Having moved 1 month ago from Thailand to Luang Prabang (Laos), Hanoi is just a 90 minute direct flight away, ideal for weekend trips, and no need to do a TM30 on my return ????

If you got a one year visa. How much did you pay for it? Can you recommend a visa agent for this? Any apartments or hotels you would recommend that give a monthly rate. 

• Like 1